Anaheim Resort Construction Update - 8/20/2019

Ismael Flores

Darkbeer, please tell me that the people in charge of design, construction and everyone involved for the hotel connected to the AGW mall included a direct access to the mall from the hotel.

I remember how the original ideas before the mall was built included designs for the hotels that blended into the design of the mall to allow full access to guests staying there. I am hoping they were smart enough to do the same with this design. It would be kind of foolish to have a hotel butt up against a dining area and then force the guests to walk out into the street and walk around the corner to access the area

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Do you by chance have any updates on the development around Honda Center as well as the latest going on with the city and the Angels? Someone on one of the Angels board stated that he heard from a city employee that it's likely the Angels are moving to Long Beach.

I planned to write about the Angels on one of the current threads. It is on tonight's City Council Agenda, so after that. The city has gotten a draft appraisal of the property, but won't be making it public for awhile. The city and the team should be having its first face to face meeting soon. As for Long Beach, that possibility is so low down the list, it is basically impossible to get the project through the Coastal Commission, plus the Angels much prefer the freeway and train access they have in Anaheim, plus the current fan base.

So look for it tomorrow or Thursday.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Darkbeer, please tell me that the people in charge of design, construction and everyone involved for the hotel connected to the AGW mall included a direct access to the mall from the hotel.

I remember how the original ideas before the mall was built included designs for the hotels that blended into the design of the mall to allow full access to guests staying there. I am hoping they were smart enough to do the same with this design. It would be kind of foolish to have a hotel butt up against a dining area and then force the guests to walk out into the street and walk around the corner to access the area

Yes, there is a large connection on the second level. The nearest AGW space next to the junction will be a nice breakfast place. The Hotel is hoping to have AGW guests visit its restaurants and bar.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Well, up to page 25 here at the DLR forum, and my mind is just like, where is this alternative universe.

Or did I dream of all those Sunday's I spent with Al Lutz, meetings at the Cheesecake Factory, having lunches with the OC Register staff and Editors, too many phone calls to count, having Al as my Best Man at Knott's Church of Reflections. Todd Regan did a Hand fastening ceremony as part of the ceremony also. Back then (late 1990's through the 2000's (First decade), Al wrote everything posted under his name. Back to the comedy thread.
It's like that one episode of the Twlight Zone where the guy wakes up and he is the same but the rest of the world was different.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

What's happening with the sidewalk on Katella behind DLR on the convention center side? It's been under construction for a while now and I like to walk down that sidewalk.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I think you are talking about the new Westin and that a large sidewalk will be built on city land to connect it to the Convention Center.

TP2000

What's happening with the sidewalk on Katella behind DLR on the convention center side? It's been under construction for a while now and I like to walk down that sidewalk.

Why on earth would you walk down that sidewalk? Don't tell me you are going to Tiffy's. :confused:

I could deal with you going to Coco's, maybe for a decent French Dip or something. But please don't tell us you go to Tiffy's after putting hexes on Haunted Mansion Holiday. https://www.yelp.com/biz/tiffys-family-restaurant-anaheim

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I remember a lunch meeting with Al Lutz and a couple of others at Tiffy's once.

Don't think Troy Parker was there though.....

Never been back.

But ate at the Coco's recently with Lisa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom