Anaheim Ducks Day at DCA - 2/11/2019

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
In Honor of 25 years aka Silver Anniversary, Sunday starts a special week of celebration events.

Monday is Ducks Day at DCA.

Stage 17 will be the main hub. A Calvacade will take place at 1:15.

Of course special merchansise will be for sale. No discounts apply. Also specially themed treats.

But more than for an 18th anniversary...

Last edited:

Stevek

I didn't know the Kings had fans
Many...we did have something like 5-6 years selling out every game which just ended this season due to our extreme suckage. Speaking of suckage, the Ducks have been outscored 29-6 in their last 5 games and have fallen to last place in the Western Conference. So Cal hockey is in a bad place right now.

TROR

Many...we did have something like 5-6 years selling out every game which just ended this season due to our extreme suckage. Speaking of suckage, the Ducks have been outscored 29-6 in their last 5 games and have fallen to last place in the Western Conference. So Cal hockey is in a bad place right now.
Blues beat Lightning in OT 1-0. Also just beat the Preds today 3-2. They have a five game win streak and currently possess the second Wild Card spot for the Western Conference.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

And NOW I have access to some of the best seats in the house through the city.

Still a Ducks and Kings fan.

Headed to the first LA Galaxy game of the year. At least next week the game will be at the Great Park in Irvine.

Stevek

And NOW I have access to some of the best seats in the house through the city.

Still a Ducks and Kings fan.

Headed to the first LA Galaxy game of the year. At least next week the game will be at the Great Park in Irvine.
If you need a seat buddy at the next Kings-Ducks game let me know.

Stevek

Blues beat Lightning in OT 1-0. Also just beat the Preds today 3-2. They have a five game win streak and currently possess the second Wild Card spot for the Western Conference.
So I'm assuming you're a Blues fan. My boss and many of my friends are in St. Louis. We always have a good time ribbing each other...I was actually at the last Kings-Blues game at Staples center which fortunately we won.

Stevek

The west is a mess. The bottom 2 teams are only 6 points out of a WC spot.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

The Ducks are in the hunt for the #1 pick. As a season seat holder, I have emabraced the losing so that we can get Jack Hughes. I even root for the Kings to win so they jump over us.

Stevek

The Ducks are in the hunt for the #1 pick. As a season seat holder, I have emabraced the losing so that we can get Jack Hughes. I even root for the Kings to win so they jump over us.
Many in our fanbase have had the loseforhughes mentality as well. Last gives you a better chance but no guarantee.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Many in our fanbase have had the loseforhughes mentality as well. Last gives you a better chance but no guarantee.
There are quite a few good centers in the top 10 ten of this draft. We need a future number 1 center when Getzlaf is retired. The Ducks have some really bad contracts with broken down Kesler and Perry. That is one reason they stink this year. Bad coach, bad system, aging broken down players, etc...... Tomorrow will be a nice day for us fans to take our minds off of this season. To top it off, they raised season ticket prices with some areas with 30% increases.

Stevek

There are quite a few good centers in the top 10 ten of this draft. We need a future number 1 center when Getzlaf is retired. The Ducks have some really bad contracts with broken down Kesler and Perry. That is one reason they stink this year. Bad coach, bad system, aging broken down players, etc...... Tomorrow will be a nice day for us fans to take our minds off of this season. To top it off, they raised season ticket prices with some areas with 30% increases.
Kings pretty much in same boat...Carter and Quick contracts most challenging. Oh, and jacked up ticket prices as well.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
To Our Valued Orange Alliance Members:

Today is a difficult day for our franchise. Randy is a dedicated, passionate man that we respect immensely. During his two stints as our head coach, he became the winningest coach in club history, took us to the Conference Finals three times, and of course, won a
Stanley Cup. We thank him deeply.

This has been a surprisingly difficult season. We supported Bob Murray’s previous decision to allow the players and staff to battle out of this situation. While no one person should take the blame for our current predicament, recent results dictated that Bob needed to make this move.

We are a proud organization with a great winning tradition. Our current performance is very disappointing and therefore we have given Bob permission to do whatever is necessary to get us back to our winning ways. By placing Bob behind the bench for the remainder of the season, he will gain unique insights into the team which will enable him to best determine the changes that need to be made. Changes are always difficult but you can rest assured that ownership and management will do a thorough and thoughtful assessment of our team and make decisions that are in the best interests of the team for both the near term and long term. We are confident that we can turn this around quickly.

We are grateful and thankful for the support and dedication that our fans have provided over the years and we ask for your patience and support as we navigate through the remainder of the season.

Go Ducks!

- Henry and Susan Samueli

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Event was kinda lame. Wristbands ran out around 830ish. Merchandise was pricey probably because it was the Ducks running it instead of Disneyland. Also the player caravan was a joke. Wished the actors would have shown up to the event. Time to focus on getting that #1 pick.

TP2000

Seems like a cute little event. It's nice to do these things that are aimed solely at the local crowd, a reminder that while Disneyland is a worldwide phenomenon that attracts tourists from every state in the nation and every country on earth, it can also be a good neighbor to Anaheim and the rest of Orange County.

Bravo TDA and the Anaheim Angels! :)

It's nice to have fun locally-aimed events like this, amongst all the obligatory corporate crap aimed at a bland and vague mega-audience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom