Politics Anaheim Businesses Worry About Going Under if Governor Keeps Disneyland Closed - Spectrum News

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
This new display is the best thing to hit the form since the "isneyland Resort" trash can and that smoking umbrella that got removed last year.

Love the Model!

20201017_094345-XL.jpg

J4546

maybe all the hotels on harbour blvd will be for sale and disney can buy them up for expansion/3rd gate?????

not really though

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
It’s interesting watching Moderate democrats duke it out with Progresssive democrats in that state
Hey, here in Anaheim, we have a Republican Mayor backing a Progressive Democratic Slate.

And we have another group of Republican's supporting a Republican, a Democrat and an Independent.

Strange times.

RollerCoaster

Even the MacDonald's across from Tomorrowland is still closed with an aged "Reopening Soon" banner tattering as cars fly by.
I'm really surprised to learn that the McDonald's on Harbor remains closed now and even more shocked that it closed at all. There still has to be plenty of traffic on Harbor to support this business. Many fast-food restaurants have done surprisingly well with drive-thru sales throughout the pandemic. While many Americans have opted out of dining in, they are still dining out.

Figments Friend

The first two links are videos

20201017_130317-XL.jpg

20201017_130313-XL.jpg

20201017_073512-XL.jpg

20201017_073505-XL.jpg

This is a better display then what is currently down the road at DCA.
These stationary fish at least light up and have multiple dimensions.

😋

-

TP2000

I'm really surprised to learn that the McDonald's on Harbor remains closed now and even more shocked that it closed at all. There still has to be plenty of traffic on Harbor to support this business. Many fast-food restaurants have done surprisingly well with drive-thru sales throughout the pandemic. While many Americans have opted out of dining in, they are still dining out.

The Anaheim Resort District is really kind of cut off from the rest of the world. It's amazing how the traffic dies off once you enter the Resort area, but go a mile east past the freeway and the traffic picks back up again. Of course there are several other McDonald's and Starbucks and businesses that are aimed at the residents in those areas around the Resort District.

But the Resort District itself is an island of abandoned businesses and a closed community. I could walk right out into the middle of Harbor Blvd. in late afternoon and take this photo because there was simply no cars and no people; but once I drove home towards Villa Park the traffic picked up and life returned to normal a mile east of here...

IMG_0427 (2).JPG

I took this photo the same day about 30 minutes after I took that photo above. This is my local supermarket, which I took a picture of as I stopped in for some groceries because it was a notable change after feeling like The Last Man On Earth when I walked around Disneyland earlier. People, shoppers, cars, traffic, normal suburban life just a few miles east and a few minutes after I visited an abandoned Anaheim Resort District.

IMG_0468 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom