Politics Anaheim Businesses Worry About Going Under if Governor Keeps Disneyland Closed - Spectrum News

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

cmwade77

In the words of First Mate Mr. Gibbs, “We’re all thinkin it, I am just sayin it...”

(inhale)

Does anyone here reckon that Disney will try to scoop up these broken businesses along Harbor and revise their Eastern Esplanade plans with LESS rather than MORE sensitivity to the locals? If Disney has any money to spend, of course.
I suspect they will, if for no other reason than to keep Newsom's paws off the hotels for his Project Homekey, that's the last thing they want around the resort.

Anjin

In the words of First Mate Mr. Gibbs, “We’re all thinkin it, I am just sayin it...”

(inhale)

Does anyone here reckon that Disney will try to scoop up these broken businesses along Harbor and revise their Eastern Esplanade plans with LESS rather than MORE sensitivity to the locals? If Disney has any money to spend, of course.
I'm sure Disney always has an eye on any property up for sale near DLR. Unfortunately, buying the Carousel Inn but not the GardenWalk does not really tip their hand much.

Skipping the GardenWalk seems to indicate they won't buy up just any land willy nilly. And since the pedestrian bridge will drive through the Carousel lot, do they actually need more land on the east side? Too many unknowns.

cmwade77

I'm sure Disney always has an eye on any property up for sale near DLR. Unfortunately, buying the Carousel Inn but not the GardenWalk does not really tip their hand much.

Skipping the GardenWalk seems to indicate they won't buy up just any land willy nilly. And since the pedestrian bridge will drive through the Carousel lot, do they actually need more land on the east side? Too many unknowns.
Actually, they tried to buy GardenWalk a few different times and every time the city and/or county interfered and prevented them from doing so. So, it would be my guess that they didn't feel it worth bothering to try this time around and have the same outcome again.

TP2000

Buying the GardenWalk property was going to primarily serve and benefit Cast Members, as the upper level (abandoned for the past decade) and some parking levels were to be transformed into a "Cast Campus" that had all sorts of Cast Member facilities and benefits (CM child care center, a pharmacy, a CM health center, CM company store, CM gym and fitness center, CM support facilities, etc.).

But Bob Chapek didn't get the vision of a "Cast Campus", and thought it was a waste of money for those Anaheim people who are not smart enough or savvy enough to get a real job in Burbank or a more stylish industry beyond hotels and amusement parks. He literally didn't understand why you should invest in those entry-level CM people who can't get better jobs or were too stupid to get real careers.

Disney could have bought GardenWalk for a steal several years ago. The shady Dubai investment firm that outbid Disney's pathetic lowball offer went under before the sale could be completed, and GardenWalk literally fell right into Disney's lap as the second-place bidder at a steal of a price. But Bob Chapek just refused to acknowledge that investing in Cast Members was something worth spending some extra money on. So he let it go. And GardenWalk went to the third highest bidder.

After Disney passed on the deal at a bargain price, the foreclosed mall went to the the guy who thought these fluorescent llamas were a good idea. Seriously, how could you make this stuff up?

IMG_0400.JPG

I swear, taking a picture of those llamas was one of the best decisions of my life. 🤣

Emmanuel

Buying the GardenWalk property was going to primarily serve and benefit Cast Members, as the upper level (abandoned for the past decade) and some parking levels were to be transformed into a "Cast Campus" that had all sorts of Cast Member facilities and benefits (CM child care center, a pharmacy, a CM health center, CM company store, CM gym and fitness center, CM support facilities, etc.).

But Bob Chapek didn't get the vision of a "Cast Campus", and thought it was a waste of money for those Anaheim people who are not smart enough or savvy enough to get a real job in Burbank or a more stylish industry beyond hotels and amusement parks. He literally didn't understand why you should invest in those entry-level CM people who can't get better jobs or were too stupid to get real careers.

Disney could have bought GardenWalk for a steal several years ago. The shady Dubai investment firm that outbid Disney's pathetic lowball offer went under before the sale could be completed, and GardenWalk literally fell right into Disney's lap as the second-place bidder at a steal of a price. But Bob Chapek just refused to acknowledge that investing in Cast Members was something worth spending some extra money on. So he let it go. And GardenWalk went to the third highest bidder.

After Disney passed on the deal at a bargain price, the foreclosed mall went to the the guy who thought these fluorescent llamas were a good idea. Seriously, how could you make this stuff up?

View attachment 505936

I swear, taking a picture of those llamas was one of the best decisions of my life. 🤣

Whoever placed those llamas in Gardenwalk was probably the same dude that placed a random garden gnome in the FP Return line for GOTG:MB

Then again the Collector collected random stuff

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
The first two links are videos

20201017_130317-XL.jpg

20201017_130313-XL.jpg

20201017_073512-XL.jpg

20201017_073505-XL.jpg

TP2000

This is artistic perfection! I love the fact that fiberglass Ariel and her off-brand Undersea Friends are just plopped there in the old valet parking loop. I love the exposed wires. And I am infatuated with the fact that Ariel is placed directly in front of the circa 2015 trampy liquor advertisement for randy singles and suburban swingers.

20201017_130313-XL.jpg

This is exactly what makes GardenWalk such a perfect component of the Anaheim Resort District.

I am so glad that Bob Chapek passed on his second-place bid to buy GardenWalk in 2017 and turn it into a Disney managed property and Cast Campus for his employees! Chapek is clearly smarter than anyone and knows that passing on GardenWalk for the third-place bidder would improve the Resort District in the long run. Because this level of expert management is exactly what the Disneyland Resort and Anaheim Resort District needed to elevate itself to World-Class status. Perfection! Brilliance! Long Term Vision!

Last edited:

VJ

This is artistic perfection! I love the fact that fiberglass Ariel and her off-brand Undersea Friends are just plopped there in the old valet parking loop. I love the exposed wires. And I am infatuated with the fact that Ariel is placed directly in front of the circa 2015 trampy liquor advertisement for randy singles and suburban swingers.

20201017_130313-XL.jpg

This is exactly what makes GardenWalk such a perfect component of the Anaheim Resort District.

I am so glad that Bob Chapek passed on his second-place bid to buy GardenWalk in 2017 and turn it into a Disney managed property and Cast Campus for his employees! Chapek is clearly smarter than anyone and knows that passing on GardenWalk for the third-place bidder would improve the Resort District in the long run. Because this level of expert management is exactly what the Disneyland Resort and Anaheim Resort District needed to elevate itself to World-Class status. Perfection! Brilliance! Long Term Vision!
So charming!

SuddenStorm

The first two links are videos

20201017_130317-XL.jpg

20201017_130313-XL.jpg

20201017_073512-XL.jpg

20201017_073505-XL.jpg

I mean, I like this better than the ride if I'm being honest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom