Trip Report An OG Anniversary Trip - Completed

And we're back!

We'll be spending our anniversary-ish trip at Walt Disney World. You may remember that we've turned into avid Disney cruisers and have pretty much sailabrated (see what I did there) on a cruise ship for the past several years. Much to our dismay, that won't be happening this year, but cruising will be back, so in the meantime, we will get Disney where we can.

If you've followed our past journeys, we may have mentioned that we had a DLR and cruise planned for mid-September. Cruise was cancelled and it's not looking like DLR is going to open the parks any time soon. We hate that Disney waits until THE LAST MINUTE to cancel, so we've taken it upon ourselves to change our plans.

I called up DVC today (less than 5-minute wait) and changed our Grand Californian stay to a Walt Disney World stay.

Here's the rundown. Jim Halpert needs to take notes.

Who:
81977538_124783439016183_6385852011002200064_o.jpg

What: A rescheduled DLR trip.
When: September 22 - 27
Where: Boardwalk Villas Studio

We converted a 3-day ticket for a visit in February to a 6-day in September, no problem. I made park reservations as well. I'm not going to lie...when this park reservation business began, I thought this was going to be a crazy free-for-all and all the dates would be snatched up. I was wrong. I've had positive experiences both times when reserving parks.

We have our room reservation and tickets in place. Now I'm working on flights and dining reservations.

lostpro9het

Doing my part today.
We landed at MCO, grabbed our rental car, hit up Publix for supplies, and made it to our room in an hour!
EC is LITE. Been taking in some food and drink and having a swell time. Weather has been very pleasant. Barbossa’s black lager was ok, nice coffee and and smokey notes but flavor was flat overall.

Grabbed the falafel fries and chocolate baklava to try and both were very good.

Made our way to Germanyto try the Hacker-Pschorr Hefe. It was decent and refreshing on a warm day.

Rode the “Maelstrom is still better than Frozen” ride for only the second time ever and still agree that its a fail.

Hit up the Mexico and Hawaii booths for the Rose Sangria and the spam hash. The sangria was really good but I didn’t touch the Polynessian MRE, I’ll let my bride describe that.

Relaxing in the DVC lounge now for a hot minute, sorry @wdisney9000 blue cards only no riffraff. About to hit some more rides now.

1DAAAED1-DE97-42D0-A24B-069DE230E237.jpeg
DEA23DDB-ED3C-4EF1-B510-72C770224A9E.jpeg
083198DE-42BA-4EC2-8F58-372339ADBF06.jpeg
F02500D6-DA10-4D42-88A5-6007317FD994.jpeg
71B994CB-9EA6-4498-A798-3D485061A2E5.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom