Trip Report An OG Anniversary Trip - Completed

And we're back!

We'll be spending our anniversary-ish trip at Walt Disney World. You may remember that we've turned into avid Disney cruisers and have pretty much sailabrated (see what I did there) on a cruise ship for the past several years. Much to our dismay, that won't be happening this year, but cruising will be back, so in the meantime, we will get Disney where we can.

If you've followed our past journeys, we may have mentioned that we had a DLR and cruise planned for mid-September. Cruise was cancelled and it's not looking like DLR is going to open the parks any time soon. We hate that Disney waits until THE LAST MINUTE to cancel, so we've taken it upon ourselves to change our plans.

I called up DVC today (less than 5-minute wait) and changed our Grand Californian stay to a Walt Disney World stay.

Here's the rundown. Jim Halpert needs to take notes.

Who:
81977538_124783439016183_6385852011002200064_o.jpg

What: A rescheduled DLR trip.
When: September 22 - 27
Where: Boardwalk Villas Studio

We converted a 3-day ticket for a visit in February to a 6-day in September, no problem. I made park reservations as well. I'm not going to lie...when this park reservation business began, I thought this was going to be a crazy free-for-all and all the dates would be snatched up. I was wrong. I've had positive experiences both times when reserving parks.

We have our room reservation and tickets in place. Now I'm working on flights and dining reservations.

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
Hoping all your plans work out! Maybe just a resort visit in February? Or maybe they’ll finally open up AP sales...
We're hoping for AP sales, but would be fine with a resort-only stay. We had originally booked wanting to go to the art festival, but that's probably not going to happen.

I have my fingers crossed for you that your March plan for DLR work out for you guys. We are definitely going through Disney withdrawals in our household, and DLR was our go-to being on the West Coast. I haven't even seen a date for opening for them that has stuck yet. :confused:

I had seen some pictures that looked like they were trying to get ready, so fingers crossed for March!

I hope everything works out and you finally get to cruise.
ME TOO! I have a coworker who likes to cruise all the time and she's down in the dumps about it as well. If December doesn't happen, we're looking at an all-inclusive in Mexico.

RememberWhen

We're hoping for AP sales, but would be fine with a resort-only stay. We had originally booked wanting to go to the art festival, but that's probably not going to happen.

I had seen some pictures that looked like they were trying to get ready, so fingers crossed for March!

ME TOO! I have a coworker who likes to cruise all the time and she's down in the dumps about it as well. If December doesn't happen, we're looking at an all-inclusive in Mexico.
We were supposed to go in February too. The Art festival is pretty good. Maybe 2022? 😕

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom