An Inside Look at New Disney Parks Technology, Personalized Experiences and More

Smiley/OCD

I agree with a lot of others on here...for the salary he's "earning", he should either A) take some public speaking courses (can be had at ANY community college), or B) hire a PR person with that backround to transfer his thoughts into something positive and exciting.

As you can see by my avatar photo, I was a BIG fan of Marty Sklar...he did it right and could speak UNSCRIPTED for hours...Joe Rhode, again, PASSION. I agree that public speaking isn't everyone's cup of tea, but come on...I worked on air in radio for a number of years...Bob, reach out to me...I LOVE Disney and would do it for next to nothing!!

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
46165019_1958737544195382_5700443602144985088_n.jpg

Hold my Dole Whip.....
s-l300.jpg
cba40a7945bb6b23cf2e5aa1df36924e--disneyland-resort-lincoln.jpg
6739202261d1a480f66a60f2d1d5c871.gif

1544049179494.png

1544049354402.png

BigThunderMatt

With respect, I completely disagree. Some people are better public speakers than others, no question about it. However, I'm of the opinion that you should hire people who are good public speakers, when they have a role in a company that requires them to speak publicly.

The fact that there are literally 0 suits in corporate Disney with anything remotely resembling charisma speaks to how little they care about having a good public speaker being the face of the company.

Cmdr_Crimson

Are these posts a hit on those attractions? What some may consider old and tacky I find is the heart of MK. The railroad, steamboat, Country Bears, Tikki Toom, Hall of Presidents, PeopleMover, TSI etc. are the core of the experience to me.
Nope..It's to show that Walt wanted to keep the things he treasured the most alive....Bob's statement is just a slap in the face to the history of these attractions..

pax_65

At the heart of this issue is a lack of faith that what Disney changes will be for the best. Very few people complain about Buzz Lightyear taking the place of "If You Had Wings". But people still talk about what Spaceship Earth, Imagination, Living Seas, etc USED to be.

If we trusted the changes to the parks would all be positive, I don't think we'd have as much concern with his "museum" comments. But there is a very real fear that anything they change will essentially be wrecked.

rle4lunch

so... you guys... don't like the canned corporate message? I don't see a problem with it, considering he's not at a fan event. He's at a corporate expo. Not only is he presenting the 'brand', he's also looking for new investors.. comeon ya'll, this is business 101.

Missing20K

so... you guys... don't like the canned corporate message? I don't see a problem with it, considering he's not at a fan event. He's at a corporate expo. Not only is he presenting the 'brand', he's also looking for new investors.. comeon ya'll, this is business 101.
Disney doesn't need to look for new investors at the IAAPA. If Disney needs cash they either issues bonds or if needed on an equity basis, call up their buddies at Vanguard.

rle4lunch

Disney doesn't need to look for new investors at the IAAPA. If Disney needs cash they either issues bonds or if needed on an equity basis, call up their buddies at Vanguard.

A smart company continually seeks new investors.. Does this mean I like all I'm seeing with Disney as a whole? no. Lots of issues.

Missing20K

A smart company continually seeks new investors.. Does this mean I like all I'm seeing with Disney as a whole? no. Lots of issues.
I don't disagree with the premise, I disagree that Disney is trying to pick up new investors at IAAPA. Unless one plans on investing a few hundred million or more, pretty sure you would just buy DIS shares. Even a few million is a drop in the bucket for a company of their size ($162.96B market cap).

rle4lunch

I don't disagree with the premise, I disagree that Disney is trying to pick up new investors at IAAPA. Unless one plans on investing a few hundred million or more, pretty sure you would just buy DIS shares. Even a few million is a drop in the bucket for a company of their size ($162.96B market cap).

True. I see you're point. But a media event is a media event is a media event...

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Are these posts a hit on those attractions? What some may consider old and tacky I find is the heart of MK. The railroad, steamboat, Country Bears, Tikki Toom, Hall of Presidents, PeopleMover, TSI etc. are the core of the experience to me.
Nope..It's to show that Walt wanted to keep the things he treasured the most alive....Bob's statement is just a slap in the face to the history of these attractions..

Exactly. Some of the best parts of Disneyland, are these classics. Chapek is lost and is only seeing $$$.

Kamikaze

At the heart of this issue is a lack of faith that what Disney changes will be for the best. Very few people complain about Buzz Lightyear taking the place of "If You Had Wings". But people still talk about what Spaceship Earth, Imagination, Living Seas, etc USED to be.

If we trusted the changes to the parks would all be positive, I don't think we'd have as much concern with his "museum" comments. But there is a very real fear that anything they change will essentially be wrecked.

You only have to go back to DLR's ToT being changed to GotG. Literally everyone hated the idea until the ride opened. Now its pretty universal that the new attraction is better than the one that they had. Some of that is due to DLR's Tower being inferior to begin with, but the new attraction is better than the old.

BigThunderMatt

You only have to go back to DLR's ToT being changed to GotG. Literally everyone hated the idea until the ride opened. Now its pretty universal that the new attraction is better than the one that they had. Some of that is due to DLR's Tower being inferior to begin with, but the new attraction is better than the old.

That was the exception, more than the rule, I think. As you said, DLR's ToT was inferior to begin with. If they had done it at DHS instead of DCA, there would have been torches and pitchforks even after it was completed. And their success record for replacements to classic attractions isn't exactly stellar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom