An Ideal Main Street U.S.A.

maxmelvinbuff

Original Poster
In March I posted what I would do to make my perfect Frontierland, so today I wanted to work backwards and come up with my perfect Main Street U.S.A. I would also like to know what your perfect Main Street U.S.A. (hub as well) would include!

The overall look of Main Street would remain the Victorian, turn of the century style of Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, and Disneyland Paris. This style has become very "Disney", although it would be interesting to change the time period/location.
1619401199460.png1619401330523.png

Before I get into the attractions, restaurants, and entertainment I would want to include, I just want to mention that I would have a hotel right in front of the train station like in Disneyland Paris.
1619401447608.png1619401525964.png
As far as the theme of the hotel, I would want it to match Main Street and it's Victorian aesthetic, but not exactly like Disneyland Hotel/Grand Floridian. I'll have to think about this more.
1619402085448.png1619402121465.png

maxmelvinbuff

Original Poster
Attractions:
1. Main Street U.S.A. Railroad Station
Like all good Disney castle parks, there would be a train that loops around the park giving a tour of the things each of the different lands have to offer. This version of Main Street would be much grander than the charming Disneyland version and that would be reflected in the scale of the train station. Below the tunnel as you enter would be posters for many of the main attractions in the park in a very detailed and vintage style. The train in this park would go through dioramas representing the 4 different lands before you enter them, starting with Frontierland right when you leave the station.
t7em_Lgoo_CLQj_QtnfsV4E6yPPWmWoEz6TlMcy-_FRtUA2WDq0ewKlfI3XecpmGUzanAFX3ld_hRYeDHNPaCoEPVfZEUOa6L36GkiP80TdNhEugsnKbWfrjKkdtTvQ8bII7du2n
njrTxzKipmlcWOZ4VJGERmEs5ZjuLTpKgCFXtfI7Wq3ZHZWRgEuQ-WO1r7xRvy54Mz4WuLzkV1obdlJ-LsSvoHS8MEy6Uv99lNEdQphZusnRuBx8e6JPvnAj-DEc9mrFZSMRQmLV

2. Carousel of Progress
This rotating theater show would be located in the town square area on Main Street around where Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is in Disneyland. You would travel through the 20th century with one family as they show you the evolution of the American home and lifestyle. Currently the iteration of this attraction in Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland goes through the turn of the century, the mid 1920s, the late 1940s and the “present day” or the 1990s. The version of Carousel of Progress in this park would also start in the turn of the century since that is the time period that Main Street is located. Then there would be a 20-30 year jump to the late 1920s. Then after the next 20-30 year jump, you would end up in the mid to late 1950s. The last full act would take place after another 20-30 year jump, in the 1980s. You could just end it with the 1980s since the attractions focus wouldn’t be on the future anymore and mainly have a focus on 20th century living. However you could add a screen to the unload scene so there could be a small focus on the present day. That would make it easier to change out every few years so it doesn’t get outdated.
WvzKyY1DmTiJP7ogW8nH6PRF3zEFXZarkqOTUThWCxaxdCmXOOAi4MsDSTbMUm72t1Ep7QxnGbGhIDDPBbOcyW7HunLA4TPOrqjdcpqiRKxMc0oEqUPLxIpNsNRpDXORQUwo7B_B
1620605225809.png

3. Disney Parks History Exhibit
Also on Main Street would be a museum showcasing the history of Disney Parks from all over the world. Retired animatronics, ride vehicles, models, props, concept art, and much more would be on display. The archives could come every few years and switch out the exhibits to keep it fresh or make exhibits based on park/ride anniversaries.
M4_X02ux4h0LQ6wj9mFeaeJuNjq3lqeApOISYjzRPepbaiTLBhJr3Ye1ytBqFijcGZu2Mr_XIayp3IkSQI53FLkMBi-_mYAXcSHoiI60GZQqexU1os5WchYk9uCRAIfDrtajUKIC
zve68Dr3J-XkMJHjkso0a7cQ5EQGbTCohw1dsM0zX7Oz8lKspX6yzSbcuKVYbM1hk0sUecm1ZMP-64hLEjr_4SNYg7Xi23aCnz_7RuWqkDRWwHFpo9cl3UCDQCKx21jxsrXVuwhQ
XbEbT8RInTG8ab_rFfQ89Fb3escr2vpuHv_h03SXDCV_yUw0UW5kE9igEWkg9GDC3nDkqg7eGCSTwvsK17541YZsRCvvFjk7kVe2dj8ZpKDmPPvEd2t2UvWqY-TnMDuD87lAC7_x

4. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
This attraction isn’t necessarily on Main Street, but I would put it on the hub like in Shanghai Disneyland so that is why I'm discussing it in this thread. Dumbo is primarily about the views and nostalgia instead of the ride experience, so I would like it to have the best view of all in front of the castle instead of being tucked away in the back of Fantasyland like it is in the Magic Kingdom. However I would strip some of the circus theming so it matches the rest of the whimsical theming of my hub, but I’ll discuss that in more depth later.
DMf0wkAmMJAaryKBuDlGGxgTq-qib0lDKw5RzcspSN3LfLiNG5bjliE01ERBBON1WRKV7QRw9qDtDMf43T0od2mlEn5m1jdB-urgBK3_B_m1gLMQzhUyjryJew7dWgKecDFrZdHK

I will post dining next than miscellaneous and entertainment after that.
I would love any input or more ideas though for what I have so far!!

My Ideal Frontierland for this park

MickeyMouse10

If I was doing a version of Main Street I'd have an entrance 1/2 way on each side to similarly themed lands. The new lands could be directly behind Main Street. Similar to the ideas they had originally with Edison Square and Liberty Street in Disneyland.

I'd also love to have the corridors like they have in Disneyland Paris as well. So perhaps one side (the land and corridor) could be themed to the 20's and 30's and the other the 40's and 50's. They could even be certain cities like New York and Chicago during these times (to differentiate from DHS).

MickeyMouse10

Main Street wise, what I’m thinking is make it 2 floors.

1st floor

Emporium (left)(first bldg)
Marceline Mercantile (right)(first bldg)
Mickey’s Ice Cream (left)(second bldg)
Minnie Mia’s Pizzeria (right)(second bldg)

2nd floor

Walt’s (Restaurant) with balcony seats for parades and fireworks. (left bldg)
Lillian’s (Restaurant) with balcony seats for parades and fireworks. (right bldg)

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

I love the idea of the museum, perhaps they can bring over the classic stuff from "One Man’s Dream". This way they’ll be able to demo it at DHS and put something more fitting there as well. Meanwhile the Walt museum could be the waiting area for a new attraction at Magic Kingdom, like it is for "One Man's Dream".

The following is what I’m thinking for the front of the park. I love Carousel, but I’d rather see a new original attraction instead with both a Walt Disney and a Mickey Mouse Animatronic.

Front section wise

The Left side

Police Station (Joffrey’s) (Bakery, which sells donuts, cupcakes, cookies, etc)
Fire Station (Starbucks) (loosely based on 101 Dalmatians)

The Right side

City Hall (first section) (a Museum waiting area)
City Hall (second section) (Magical Moments with Walt Disney and Mickey) (similar to Great Moments)

Last edited:

FigmentPigments

Attractions:
1. Main Street U.S.A. Railroad Station
Like all good Disney castle parks, there would be a train that loops around the park giving a tour of the things each of the different lands have to offer. This version of Main Street would be much grander than the charming Disneyland version and that would be reflected in the scale of the train station. Below the tunnel as you enter would be posters for many of the main attractions in the park in a very detailed and vintage style. The train in this park would go through dioramas representing the 4 different lands before you enter them, starting with Frontierland right when you leave the station.
t7em_Lgoo_CLQj_QtnfsV4E6yPPWmWoEz6TlMcy-_FRtUA2WDq0ewKlfI3XecpmGUzanAFX3ld_hRYeDHNPaCoEPVfZEUOa6L36GkiP80TdNhEugsnKbWfrjKkdtTvQ8bII7du2n
njrTxzKipmlcWOZ4VJGERmEs5ZjuLTpKgCFXtfI7Wq3ZHZWRgEuQ-WO1r7xRvy54Mz4WuLzkV1obdlJ-LsSvoHS8MEy6Uv99lNEdQphZusnRuBx8e6JPvnAj-DEc9mrFZSMRQmLV

2. Carousel of Progress
This rotating theater show would be located in the town square area on Main Street around where Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is in Disneyland. You would travel through the 20th century with one family as they show you the evolution of the American home and lifestyle. Currently the iteration of this attraction in Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland goes through the turn of the century, the mid 1920s, the late 1940s and the “present day” or the 1990s. The version of Carousel of Progress in this park would also start in the turn of the century since that is the time period that Main Street is located. Then there would be a 20-30 year jump to the late 1920s. Then after the next 20-30 year jump, you would end up in the mid to late 1950s. The last full act would take place after another 20-30 year jump, in the 1980s. You could just end it with the 1980s since the attractions focus wouldn’t be on the future anymore and mainly have a focus on 20th century living. However you could add a screen to the unload scene so there could be a small focus on the present day. That would make it easier to change out every few years so it doesn’t get outdated.
WvzKyY1DmTiJP7ogW8nH6PRF3zEFXZarkqOTUThWCxaxdCmXOOAi4MsDSTbMUm72t1Ep7QxnGbGhIDDPBbOcyW7HunLA4TPOrqjdcpqiRKxMc0oEqUPLxIpNsNRpDXORQUwo7B_B
View attachment 556003
3. Disney Parks History Exhibit
Also on Main Street would be a museum showcasing the history of Disney Parks from all over the world. Retired animatronics, ride vehicles, models, props, concept art, and much more would be on display. The archives could come every few years and switch out the exhibits to keep it fresh or make exhibits based on park/ride anniversaries.
M4_X02ux4h0LQ6wj9mFeaeJuNjq3lqeApOISYjzRPepbaiTLBhJr3Ye1ytBqFijcGZu2Mr_XIayp3IkSQI53FLkMBi-_mYAXcSHoiI60GZQqexU1os5WchYk9uCRAIfDrtajUKIC
zve68Dr3J-XkMJHjkso0a7cQ5EQGbTCohw1dsM0zX7Oz8lKspX6yzSbcuKVYbM1hk0sUecm1ZMP-64hLEjr_4SNYg7Xi23aCnz_7RuWqkDRWwHFpo9cl3UCDQCKx21jxsrXVuwhQ
XbEbT8RInTG8ab_rFfQ89Fb3escr2vpuHv_h03SXDCV_yUw0UW5kE9igEWkg9GDC3nDkqg7eGCSTwvsK17541YZsRCvvFjk7kVe2dj8ZpKDmPPvEd2t2UvWqY-TnMDuD87lAC7_x

4. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
This attraction isn’t necessarily on Main Street, but I would put it on the hub like in Shanghai Disneyland so that is why I'm discussing it in this thread. Dumbo is primarily about the views and nostalgia instead of the ride experience, so I would like it to have the best view of all in front of the castle instead of being tucked away in the back of Fantasyland like it is in the Magic Kingdom. However I would strip some of the circus theming so it matches the rest of the whimsical theming of my hub, but I’ll discuss that in more depth later.
DMf0wkAmMJAaryKBuDlGGxgTq-qib0lDKw5RzcspSN3LfLiNG5bjliE01ERBBON1WRKV7QRw9qDtDMf43T0od2mlEn5m1jdB-urgBK3_B_m1gLMQzhUyjryJew7dWgKecDFrZdHK

I will post dining next than miscellaneous and entertainment after that.
I would love any input or more ideas though for what I have so far!!

My Ideal Frontierland for this park
I always love hearing how people would handle their version of Main Street as it can be one of the most difficult lands to design and keep it interesting. I really like your idea of the Carousel of Progress being in this area; not sure I've heard that being proposed before.

maxmelvinbuff

Original Poster
Dining:

1. Walt’s Restaurant
This table service restaurant would be very similar to the version that is located on Disneyland Paris’s Main Street. The Walt Disney themed lobby and waiting room would be located on the first floor of the Main Street buildings, but the rest of the restaurant would be on the second floor with windows overlooking the street. Each of the dining rooms would be themed to the four different lands in the park like Paris, however this version would take that concept and push it even harder.
EoPCORt9FoBQV9QMjWgmK4t4i7-dnip8VR2nqygCJ4yJFxlXBYHVaTL-3Sa5fmFc2XGBNWsjufXTVtosBOO8xm7_bWJpeF_eKd9YEqidA1YzVeYTXVPuK6VE4uyVHFhljZo_vmjm
4gnNtbrztNi5hrty6vYcCnZUOJQ-ynlekX57CeDZmzSTSOCt41nqjlfLTqmXh9FXJsm0lvuGg2MXbiZ6qGBz57VdXiT013GRybyddYKyCxV_Ncyi2Rz6Xy3FdAmsl0xteMFFwSjp

2. Minnie’s Home-style Buffet
This would be a fab five character meal located on the hub similar in location to where the Plaza Inn is in Disneyland. The theming of the restaurant would be of a welcoming, 19th century Victorian house with a series of gardens in the front of it. All members of the fab five would be dressed in their most dapper clothes. Each room would be decorated to the ceiling with accurate Victorian furnishings.
IyQOT2r1UxfsGZ8pDyDLnJwqrryfyC9OiZDMrInRQ00_kN-oxQEc99YiAFqf2xqa0XbncdX93YyfdOXiNl4RwYiDqhfZjbHMPrT2ZXmA8s2W-Sb2tUP2x8dLJgWIoF9qDtOXBs0i
eR9DE51OTNexfGlPSYHdrJESOTJGhognlWJTOveEBeqov1bf2CrG2XD-dLvG8MSVL3T815wmv7F6DEQEesj_0AEDRt-sZrlzJ7RRpfmNsiommfi7Mf-_K8o7gkN2zAmsn8ZKBsg8
tyucm-oudC52py1fx965ihFWSa0XMLeAPBgfmk5nQf54MUbJvA1BNhQFV_DzIFfZrD0-iMKHFKc_ixBWTdN9ZoTr9biL7gWhpamgP9LVYpxWc8h5XU2Dd-GbKy7bQ8am73VTQgyp
hlALlVvMmKY3NP96AwTmuB-PwUq24g7q0SFJw4kds1YLQr2ZbT5v2g5xjinB9ix5DaOZ7xp01O2meNq6pj1Mks2em3z3o7t0CMcwgHW26omr9oSDA5Hxv7httFcxATiPWwgqN6yK

3. Teddy Roosevelt Lounge
The second dining location housed on the second floor of the Main Street buildings would be something similar to the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge in Tokyo DisneySea. This would be a lavish bar with dark wood, leather seating, warm lighting, etc. This wouldn’t have to celebrate the 26th president, but if it did it would fit for the time period of Main Street. This would be a smaller lounge, so it would be reservation only.
qInuQYR6lnv_FWiWSJxuav5gfFbxy3YuVB8GztI9DiOGmK4i6p4EYEYyJLwT1TcSBvDrIqzsuW2yEFfGBDgg9czJ0xaL1zTX8_uPhHEWu8ZICdnfkzpwyO9vB_7qbpkbiCMPbI8j
1621521931690.png

4. Casey’s Corner
This would be your basic quick service restaurant located on most Main Streets, selling basic American food like hotdogs, burgers, nuggets, and fries. The only difference is a lot of these would be Mickey Mouse shaped food like Tokyo Disneyland sells in Tomorrowland. There would be an increase of indoor and outdoor seating as well.

4OfQPZCjQL2iewPmIa7Qw-589buhhqQXpKRRSTWRbc2MOdEuQdM2xrJQPQaP_Bf3WzF3uWmWiYsteBimgiGED1YTCjLF6jeydKcTY8FLYR2E7HhLtnXHzvhc6K4S6GOkO1zNIqyL
1621522169331.png

5. Bakery
It doesn’t matter to me if it’s a Starbucks or not as long as the theming is good.
p1gPem_gHuaC0nq9iLoUoKUuJjj0PYmUBgA1P6pVTARS2pRDPyTIe1LGA8BCoPILzI836CfnxQUxUz2czWEj7tU7AFsQfXMdJnoWCOaqo0Ou2W-CN_VqOJ0UzvPjAqVggNsv84fn
tXXxdghZk0RCxXp2wb-3FEyf0yGogEmR3RWqI-GPsEcX6J4DC36UuAKYsdd49upEtVxsj8HIjim6qGnGYzY_i79S1MYrDg779Oqf9VtCJKW3CHzwPmCZ90ehYH_oygH03DpdNHcd

6. Ice Cream Parlor
rLHPjiRdzetTSENVm1WYs0SZYujckyH3rbmurC0jrPNBAs8JLJzEovGaL9gucYrZr_fRyHilMa9iNB2FSc5a8GKU_amgPKGSqJD6ykzzlQsEZuQ4BuApLyOt7EX0qHKHPcqbLhqK

a. Dining Car
I’m not sure I‘m including this one, but I’ll mention it as an idea. This would be a private dining experience first designed by imagineer Eddie Sotto, when coming up with ideas for Disneyland Paris. It would be themed to a late 19th century-early 20th century dining car on a train. There would be projections outside the windows to stimulate going across the American countryside during the turn of the century. Guests would enter the secret restaurant through a door under the train station.
hc73b2HIm-0kb4_SyKDfW8eL5bYSmXUCCLvSfMJ4A8jL_mO8Mx6KzZVclzME8hUCr-Q8tgxzsNH1YjUbDYxESIR-99lfcfGqCEF2HGQWjYXxrHU2YUg9bRo5ZdbkHqNVneX0TBY_

Stores are next!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom