an idea for wdwmagic.....

828tnt

Original Poster
wdwmagic week in walt disney world! i know it couldn't actually be sposored or advertized by disney or anything. but couldn't it be done through this site? i think there was a large group that met leading up to the closing of the adverturers club? if they can pull it off, why not the site? it could be a fun annual event!

i know before each trip we take, i look to see who will be there from the boards. i frequently wear my wdwmagic tshirt. i'm always thinking it would be interesting to bump into follow wdwmagic'ers- lol.

many of you live close, but a majority don't. maybe they would make arrangements if there were interest? personally, my vote would be sometime in october lol, but that's just me.

it might not even be as detailed as a true meet and greet of sorts. especially starting in the first few years, it might just be a couple of places of interest like: monday- rose and crown from 1-3pm, tuesday- the main street railroad platform, ect... just throwing ideas out there.

i think it could be an interesting idea! any thoughts?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We could all wear the same colored shirt and learn some chants to shout back and forth and all follow The Mom holding a tall flag of the UK.

Of course Pumbas could teach all of us to speak Nakasak, so nobody else knew what we were talking about! :p

828tnt

Original Poster
We could all wear the same colored shirt and learn some chants to shout back and forth and all follow The Mom holding a tall flag of the UK.

Of course Pumbas could teach all of us to speak Nakasak, so nobody else knew what we were talking about! :p

this could work..... of course there'd be a rash of new threads complaining about all those annoying wdwmagic groups......:D

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think Epcot's Celebration 25 was mostly started here...btw, Celebration 30 is only about 1.5 years off....how time flies

Rob562

There has alreayd been a gathering of Disney fans that started as just readers of the RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks) newsgroup. It's been an annual thing since the mid-90's the first half of December. (It alternates between the 1st and 2nd weeks of Decmeber)

Then a number of websites took ahold of the annual get-together and created MouseFest. Sites like AllEars, Passporter, as well as many of the major Disney guidebook authors all participated.

Even while all that was happening at MouseFest (which became too commercial and too many strangers just standing around, in my opinion), there was still the smaller RADP gathering. There were also many organized Meets and group ride-alongs that whole week.

As a regular RADP poster at the time (I still lurk), I went to the get-togethers most years, but have only been once since 2005.

So yes, group get-together can and do happen, but it requires people to organize it, and enough interest to get people to go.

-Rob

828tnt

Original Poster
If we do it ourselves, sure...I doubt Disney itself would plan anything.

actually, that's what i meant- sorry if i wasn't too specific. and by ourselves, i really mean those working for wdwmagic :lol:. not sure how much help i could really be, other than this, but i guess i'd be a willing volunteer if needed!

i just think it sounds interesting. not sure if disney would help or not- likely no. i know i'd love to spend even a part of a day getting to put a few faces to avatars, so to speak.

many relationships have formed here, and unlike most online forums, we kinda share a common visiting spot. on my last trip, i had at least 3 people stop me on the 2 days i wore my wdwmagic tshirt. none claimed to be a regular on the site for some time- or maybe they didn't care for me and didn't want to associate with me? :lol:

i simply think it would be interesting.

yensid67

Priceline: F/H/C AirTran(Southwest)
BWI-MCO December 2-9, 2012 who's in?

Off site hotel: Quality Inn International
Off site Parks: Sea World(1 Day)
WDW Parks: Epcot(Monday)
MK(Wednesday)

Other: Capone's Dinner Theatre
Titanic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom