An Epcot Medley: Improved and Updated

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Please Read Before Downloading:

Back in January and February, I created several medlies about the Disney Parks. These were meant to create a feeling of traveling throughout the parks using music that was naturally heard in the parks. The medlies received good feedback and I decided to continue on making them for people to enjoy. Not long after finishing up with them I would always listen to them and see how they turned out. Fortunately most of them turned out very well, and had sounded better than I had originally imagined. Unfortunately, I noticed something else. Pertaining to my Epcot medley (2nd in the series), there were numerous problems and overall, the medley wasn't necessarily what I had originally wanted. Just recently, I came up with the idea of going back into the medley and redoing nearly half of it.
(call this "George-Lucasing" it)
These were some of the major problems I had originally picked up and the changes made to them;

1. Editing. The original Epcot medley had several editing problems overlooked. These were abrupt cut-offs to some tracks as well as very weak flow-through. To fix this I carefully listened through the medley and re-edited every single problem that stood out, as well as cutting out several gaps in between tracks.
  2. Missing Music. While the Epcot Medley was fairly complete, there were still points where there should've been certain music to balance everything out, but due to time constraints on the medlies I had to cut corners. This was fixed but getting rid of as much unnecessary music and replacing it with the proper material.
  3. World Showcase. One of my biggest complaints after listening to the medley was World Showcase. While Future World was nearly complete in terms of music, World Showcase had only 3 pavilions represented. Like above, I managed to get rid of nearly 2/3 of the music that had been here before and was able to fit in almost all of the pavilions throughout World Showcase. (the effect sounds SO much better)
Overall it was a difficult chore getting the medley revised and completed, but it managed to pay off in the end with a medley that now better captures the feeling of Epcot.

Thanks for listening,
-JasonFLZ (Marko)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8IY48ZS3

GMRO

Very nice! Thanks for the efforts, makes you feel like your walking thru EPCOT.

As asked before, I hope you can re-upload the MK mix. I've never heard it and would like to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom