Pre-Trip An Earth Day Weekend

Hi everybody! I finished up my first trip report, and thought to myself: What was that Pre-Trip option when I was making my trip report?

Honestly I'm not sure what it is :hilarious:
But I'm guessing it's kinda like where plan out your upcoming trip? If I'm wrong then woops :oops:

So we are continuing the trend set up o far in my family by doing a trip every two months, but this time we'll be going uring Earth Day Weekend! As an added celebratory bonus I decided that everyday I will do something that is somewhat related to nature. Now some days will be a stretch, a super stretch ;) However I think it will be doable! :D
Once again my family and I will be staying offsite to save money, and to have more money to spend throughout the days of our trip.

So let's get down to business to reveal the trip info -

Who: For the majority of the trip it will be just my father and I, but one day I will be meeting up with my cousin in the parks.

When: April 20th, Friday - April 23rd, Monday

Where: Good question :brb: Apparently we're staying at Red Lion Hotel Orlando-Kissimmee Maingate. Now where is that? Good question :brb:
1521079277128.png

There it is, and it's right next to an entrance into Walt Disney World :eek: A truly magic location for a magic price of roughly $140 total for our stay, as for looks? Eh it's mainly to sleep in.

ice-80309-photo.aspx_did=2692_brochureid=80309_publicid=20544784_instanceid=7-image.jpg

Why: Well one never truly needs a reason to visit Disney, but we're going to celebrate a multitude of birthdays. My father and I share the same birthday on April 17th, and we are going to celebrate it in style. The Flower and Garden is an event we have missed out on in recent years, and since we have the pass then why not? It's Animal Kingdom's 20th birthday on April 22nd as such we have a full day planned there, and maybe we'll spot Joe Rohde? One can dream! :happy:
I believe those were all the reasons why this trip is happening.

As for planning there's still fastpasses to be booked, and of course a table service option to be chosen to celebrate our birthdays this trip. Honestly have no clue what to book, but any recommendations would be much appreciated! :)

Also my fastpass window opens on the 19th! Can't wait to start snagging one day at a time! :D

tcool123

Original Poster
Maybe it's the excitement taking over, but I ended up creating an Earth Day playlist for the ride up to Orlando.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFp1wHrgzWffT7LXotJxB9ZeFSnd6RylT

Also narrowed down the list for possible TS restaurants for our birthdays to this:
  • Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen
  • Restaurant Marrakesh
  • Spice Road Table
Finally the latest development is that my cousin and I both correlated plans so that on Saturday night we can both meet up at the Magic Kingdom, and just hang out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom