Pre-Trip An Accidental Anniversary Trip - June 2018

Wait. What?

What does that even mean?

It means that we're headed back to Disney, and in my excitement to find dates that worked for the entire family, it didn't even occur to me that our trip would overlap with our 13th wedding anniversary.
So, not only do I get to plan another wonderful family vacation, I get to plan an anniversary celebration in Disney World! I never thought I'd be able to say that!

Let's get started!

Who:
Me, I'm Ali (rhymes with Sally)
My husband Jim (who might actually BE Prince Charming)
Our kids Gwen and Ethan, my mother AKA Grammy, and Jim's mother AKA Mutie

Here we all are on our last trip together in 2015
MK_MSMKTHOU_7296579266.jpeg

We spent our 12th Anniversary in California, so maybe this is becoming a thing for us!
Yosemite Valley was so beautiful!
IMG_20170612_092930.jpg

When:
June 5th-14th
We'll be starting thing off with two days at the beach, and a visit to Kennedy Space Center, then a week at Disney

Where:
Alas, we are once again staying off property ☹️
We have a two bedroom rental at Blue Heron Beach resort for $129 a night. We can't beat that on property. We've stayed here before and we love the location and accommodations. It's 10-15 minutes from the parks, and less than 5 minutes from DTD

Goals: stay up late, try new things and EAT

112 days and counting!

MerMom1981

Original Poster
I'm pretty excited about the ADR lineup.

I was up early back at day 180, but I still wasn't able to score BOG dinner 😔 but I'm happy with my backup plans. I will continue to stalk the reservations site, because that's what I do.

June 7th
Disney Springs
Dinnerr at Homecomin' - SUPER excited to try this one!

June 8th
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
The plan is to spend the day at Epcot and go with the flow for dinner (I'm hoping the flow takes me to Tangerine Cafe)

June 9th
Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe

June 10th
Animal Kingdom
Dinner at Sana - can't wait to try the bread service!

June 11th
Anniversary day!
Epcot
Early dinner for the kids & grandmas at Via Napoli

I went searching for advice over in the dining section, and CG was the stand out winner. Then @imahistorygeek and @lostpro9het gave it their blessing, and they celebrate anniversaries at Disney professionally, so...

7:20 Anniversary dinner at California Grill

June 12th
Hollywood Studios
Bon Voyage Breakfast - this is my dream character lineup! Ariel has been my favorite since I was 9, and Rapunzel & Flynn are adorable. I can't wait!! And Gwen. She's excited too

Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe--because fried chicken

June 13th
Magic Kingdom
Dinner at The Wave

June 14th
Departure day
Breakfast at Kona Cafe

amjt660

Premium Member

I was up early back at day 180, but I still wasn't able to score BOG dinner 😔 but I'm happy with my backup plans. I will continue to stalk the reservations site, because that's what I do.

June 7th
Disney Springs

June 8th
The plan is to spend the day at Epcot and go with the flow for dinner (I'm hoping the flow takes me to Tangerine Cafe)

June 9th
Magic Kingdom

June 10th
Animal Kingdom

June 11th
Anniversary day!
Epcot

I went searching for advice over in the dining section, and CG was the stand out winner. Then @imahistorygeek and @lostpro9het gave it their blessing, and they celebrate anniversaries at Disney professionally, so...

June 12th
Hollywood Studios
Bon Voyage Breakfast - this is my dream character lineup! Ariel has been my favorite since I was 9, and Rapunzel & Flynn are adorable. I can't wait!! And Gwen. She's excited too

June 13th
Magic Kingdom
Dinner at The Wave

June 14th
Departure day
Breakfast at Kona Cafe
Me liking this plan!!

Max

winstongator

June 7th
Disney Springs

June 8th

June 9th
Magic Kingdom

June 10th
Animal Kingdom

June 11th
Anniversary day!
Epcot

June 12th
Hollywood Studios

June 13th
Magic Kingdom
Dinner at The Wave

June 14th
Departure day
Breakfast at Kona Cafe
Keep looking for BOG dinner. TouringPlans reservation finder got it for me. I've also used mousedining.com and they found me a Trattoria al Forno breakfast recently.

MerMom1981

Original Poster
Keep looking for BOG dinner. TouringPlans reservation finder got it for me. I've also used mousedining.com and they found me a Trattoria al Forno breakfast recently.
I keep hearing about this reservation finer, but I'm having trouble finding it on the mobile site. Do I have to fire up the laptop for this?
Glad you had success! There might be hope for me!

winstongator

iirc, you do need to use a browser, not their app. I think they are beta testing. You also need a TP account. Mine just expired, but it got me BOG, CRT, California Grill. Trattoria al Forno I got with mousedining.com, which is free. Should be able to do in your mobile browser.

MerMom1981

Original Poster
I love your plans!! I’m so jealous of Tangerine Cafe—I can never convince anyone in my party to eat there!!
Following along!!
Thank you! Glad to have you along!

TC is my favorite QS in Epcot. No contest. The "wraps" they serve are actually gyros. The best, freshest gyros I've ever had! And, they have chicken tenders and burgers on the kids menu for my unreasonably picky eaters.
YOU HAVE TO GO!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom