Amtrak

mpaulam

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Does anyone know how long it takes to get from the train over to Disney property? Specifically POFQ. And any tips on the best mode of transportation? They are thinking taxi. It will be 4 adults.
Thanks!!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
From the Orlando Amtrak Station to WDW, should be 30-40 minutes. Take an Uber.

Raxel7851

We took the train to Disney quite a few years ago. While we were enroute , the conductor suggested we get off in Kissimmee instead of Orlando because it’s closer to WDW.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
We took the train to Disney quite a few years ago. While we were enroute , the conductor suggested we get off in Kissimmee instead of Orlando because it’s closer to WDW.
About 3 miles closer, but most importantly, you don't have to use I4. Even if the time saving is 1 minute, the fact that you get to avoid I4 is worth it alone.

striker1064

The only real issue is if you're southbound, you'll stop at Orlando and wait (can be lengthy depending on number of passengers, and scheduling quirks where the northbound train might be there around the same time if it's a bit late). Then you have to go on to Kissimmee, which takes more time. In my experience, whatever time you'd save by Kissimmee being closer to WDW is lost plus some due to dwell time at Orlando and additional travel to Kissimmee. I always just get off in Orlando and Uber/Lyft/taxi.

Now if you're northbound, you'll reach Kissimmee first and by all means get off there.

JoeCamel

About 3 miles closer, but most importantly, you don't have to use I4. Even if the time saving is 1 minute, the fact that you get to avoid I4 is worth it alone.

The only real issue is if you're southbound, you'll stop at Orlando and wait (can be lengthy depending on number of passengers, and scheduling quirks where the northbound train might be there around the same time if it's a bit late). Then you have to go on to Kissimmee, which takes more time. In my experience, whatever time you'd save by Kissimmee being closer to WDW is lost plus some due to dwell time at Orlando and additional travel to Kissimmee. I always just get off in Orlando and Uber/Lyft/taxi.

Now if you're northbound, you'll reach Kissimmee first and by all means get off there.
You could get off in Orlando and use the I-4 section as an advanced study in traffic management...
Either way pack your patience you will get there

TrainsOfDisney

I’ve taken Amtrak to Orlando / Disney many times. I always used to take the Lynx bus but once Uber was an option I would many times use it instead.

Google Maps shows 25 minutes from the Amtrak Orlando Station to port Orleans and UberX is currently estimated at $27 for that route.

As was mentioned earlier, I use Orlando if I am traveling southbound, Kissimmee if I am traveling northbound. The Uber price and distance is roughly the same depending on which resort on property I’m going to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom