America's Best Value Inn

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster
Just doing some research and was wondering what the opinion was for America's Best Value Inn located at 7514 W Irlo Bronson Mem. Hwy. A room with two queen beds for the mid of Oct. is about $50 a night. Anyone stay here before?

Thanks!:wave:

maggiegrace1

I have heard horrible horrible things about it from a former poster on these boards...
If I can get in touch with him maybe he will come and give you some info on it.

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster
I try to use trip advisor but for some reason have a hard time navigating that site. We've got a villa reserved for about $650, which isn't bad but if we could save a little $$$ to go toward something else, like tickets, it would be good. As long as it's clean, the beds don't dip to the middle :ROFLOL:(been there, done that) and it would be nice to have a decent pool, then I can deal with the rest. I had considered cancelling the trip altogether, but would rather not. I really like the dbl queen beds that they had to offer. Since there are 4 of us, myself, DH, DS16 and DS7, the more room to sleep the better.

Thanks for the input so far. I will do a little more digging.

speck76

as with anything - you get what you pay for.

a $50 room will be a $50 room - and in the terms of a vacation that you may be spending thousands of dollars on - it will probably underwhelm you.

for not much more (in the total vacation cost) you could probably stay at Pop Century or a realy hotel (like a Hilton Garden Inn or a Fairfield Inn) and get much better quality and service.

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster
as with anything - you get what you pay for.

a $50 room will be a $50 room - and in the terms of a vacation that you may be spending thousands of dollars on - it will probably underwhelm you.

for not much more (in the total vacation cost) you could probably stay at Pop Century or a realy hotel (like a Hilton Garden Inn or a Fairfield Inn) and get much better quality and service.

Well, I'm not looking for anything fancy, just clean and decent. I've already checked and yes, it is that much more for Pop Century, it's $99 a night. I'm trying to make the most with what I've got and if that means doing without certain frills then that's what it means. We're not there for the 'complete' Disney experience. We're there to spend time with our kids, one of which will probably be off to college soon. Thanks for the suggestions though.

figmentmom

Well, I'm not looking for anything fancy, just clean and decent. I've already checked and yes, it is that much more for Pop Century, it's $99 a night. I'm trying to make the most with what I've got and if that means doing without certain frills then that's what it means. We're not there for the 'complete' Disney experience. We're there to spend time with our kids, one of which will probably be off to college soon. Thanks for the suggestions though.

We've stayed at the Comfort Inn in Lake Buena Vista several times - nothing fancy, but clean, in a nice location and with a nice pool - and I think we paid about $69 a night. They have bus transportation to the parks; it's nowhere near as convenient as Disney buses, but it IS available, and free. They also offer a free continental breakfast buffet, which helps keep the cost down traveling with a family.

barnum42

Hello, I've been asked to come out of hibernation and warn you about this roach infested dump of a hell-hole.

Twelve months ago I would have said give it a shot as I'd stayed there a year ago with no problems. It was a little shabby around the edges but in an excellent location, clean and comfortable.

In the time since, it has become a very shabby roach infested dump managed by the method of apathy with a front desk boss that should go into the mushroom business by the amount of BS they have just spouted.

I stayed there this year, end of April to start of June. I had to move rooms after hearing something scuttling, then seeing a roach-like insect running around my bed. I failed to catch it, but after informing the front desk I was moved to another room.

A couple of nights later I heard scuttling in the trash can by the bin and found another huge roach-like creature in there which I captured and brought to reception, freaking out everyone there as it was BIG and very much alive.

The following morning the hotel handyman turned up with a domestic insecticide spray. It did not work as a couple of nights later I saw something small come out of the bathroom skirting board. The next morning I managed to catch it - albeit with my boot. It was not a small bug, but a baby version of the monsters I had already caught.

After another visit to the front desk a professional outfit was called out - albeit a couple of days later. This visit caused me to be locked out of my room - another visit to front desk. I was locked out again a couple of days later.

The front desk staff spouted different stories. One said she'd been talking to a friend at a Disney Hotel who said they too had problems with lots of bugs. Another front desk person said I was the only one reporting bugs. One of them is a liar!

I sent complaints to both the travel agent and America's Best Value head office.

ABV contacted the hotel who sent me a form reply letter to my complaint. They must have so many complaints that they have produced a one letter fits all form letter to reply to them all full of BS about customer commitment and hoping that I give them a second chance.

The travel agent received a different reply stating that they had received no complaints from me after moving room.

So, my advice is to avoid this place. If you find somewhere in the same locality give it a go as it's right by a back road that takes you straight to Animal Kingdom Lodge and Park.

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster
In the time since, it has become a very shabby roach infested dump managed by the method of apathy with a front desk boss that should go into the mushroom business by the amount of BS they have just spouted.

Ok, bugs noted! That's a no go for sure. I can deal with a lot of things, even a few bugs considering, but more than a one here or there is too much. Sounds like they don't do monthly exterminating only as it crops up as a problem.

Thanks for the info!

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster
We've stayed at the Comfort Inn in Lake Buena Vista several times - nothing fancy, but clean, in a nice location and with a nice pool - and I think we paid about $69 a night. They have bus transportation to the parks; it's nowhere near as convenient as Disney buses, but it IS available, and free. They also offer a free continental breakfast buffet, which helps keep the cost down traveling with a family.
I'll check this out later this evening. Thanks!

barnum42

I'll check this out later this evening. Thanks!
I've stayed at Comfort Inn too - Figgy has explained it spot on. Nothing fancy, but clean comfy with free continental brekkie and it's around the corner from the Disney World Entrance that leads to The Marketplace and Downtown Disney.

figmentmom

I've stayed at Comfort Inn too - Figgy has explained it spot on. Nothing fancy, but clean comfy with free continental brekkie and it's around the corner from the Disney World Entrance that leads to The Marketplace and Downtown Disney.

Nice to see you back, Joe. *hugs*

uklad79

Try Hotelopia.com
Orlando Vista $63
ESD Extended Stay Deluxe Lake Buena Vista $66
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort $70
Cypress Pointe Grandevillas $73

Neilo

All i got to say is DONT STAY THERE!!!!

I had the exactly same problems as barnum42 last september and wat do ya know we had all the bs aswell even when we complained when we got home to the travel agents we had the same letter back from the company saying that they hadnt recieved any complaints.
They need to demolish this hotel it sucks.:mad:

barnum42

All i got to say is DONT STAY THERE!!!!

I had the exactly same problems as barnum42 last september and wat do ya know we had all the bs aswell even when we complained when we got home to the travel agents we had the same letter back from the company saying that they hadnt recieved any complaints.
They need to demolish this hotel it sucks.:mad:

I've just heard back after chasing America's Best Value Head Office.

They honestly don't care. Here's a quote from the form letter sent by the Director of Guest Relations for ABV

As you know, we are a membership organization and as such, we do not own the hotels. Each location is individually owned and operated and set their own policies. When we get a complain, we send it to the owner for resolution.

So, when you have a complaint about the management of a hotel in the chain you have nobody to complain to, as the head office tells you to complain to the hotel to you were complaining about that was unable to deal with your complaint.

I've written back to this supposed Director, and not been very complimentary about it.

I booked via Broadway Travel.com who in turn got the room via a company called Hotel Beds. I guess you booked via a different company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom