American Idol: Season 10

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
Ok...a little late starting this thread but oh well...So what's everyone think about this season so far? I think I like the new judges...Steven Tyler is hilarious..

Not too sure about some of the contestants they put through to Hollywood though. :shrug:

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
So...um...What's everyone think of the top 24?

I think a lot of them are really talented. I like Casey Abrams...though I don't think I would buy an album he would put out...

DiPSU224

I think these are some of the best contestants in the top 24 that they've had in a long time. I'm in the middle of watching the top 12 girls right now.

I really like the new judges this year. Jennifer Lopez is just so gorgeous. I know anyone can be beautiful with professional hair/makeup/styling but wow...she is beautiful.

I still don't like that they focus so much on certain contestants during auditions and Hollywood week. I think it gives them an unfair advantage against those who they don't focus on. I think people are more likely to vote for the contestants they are more familiar with....

plaz10

Please let this show die

After Carrie Underwood won...they should have just stopped. Quit while you are ahead. Most of the winners go nowhere. But if I were FOX I would keep it going...millions of people still love to watch. It keeps getting high ratings so they are going to keep it going.

GenerationX

I liked a couple of the girls and probably a few more of the guys. Most overpraised was definitely the last girl. She mangled the melody of the verses and screeched the ending of what is a fantastic song (I'll Stand By You). Chrissie Hynde would not be proud.

With so many of them getting the axe tomorrow, I haven't bothered to learn any of their names yet. I will say that the last three guys to perform on Tuesday were outstanding, and the girl who's still only 15 has a really clear, pure voice. If a girl wins it, though, it'll be the one who wore the heart shirt and sang next to last. Her audition was the best of the season.

Uponastar

I think these are some of the best contestants in the top 24 that they've had in a long time. I'm in the middle of watching the top 12 girls right now.

I really like the new judges this year. Jennifer Lopez is just so gorgeous. I know anyone can be beautiful with professional hair/makeup/styling but wow...she is beautiful.

I still don't like that they focus so much on certain contestants during auditions and Hollywood week. I think it gives them an unfair advantage against those who they don't focus on. I think people are more likely to vote for the contestants they are more familiar with....

I agree that the top 24 are some of the best ever. I think the 3 judges work well together and are truly interested in these young people, rather than their own celebrity. They've made excellent choices and their feedback is positive and helpful. I think this should be a very good season!

PartOfYourWorld

In my opinion I think the guys are much better than the girls. For me it always seems that way, the guys voices are generally almost always better. I especially like James Durbin (I think thats his name). And for the most part I like Steven, Jennifer, and Randy together, even though this week I have to say I agreed mostly with Randy, Jennifer and Steven always had good things to say about everyone. I do miss Simon though.

MKCP 1985

This year's contestants seem so much better than last season's! I was really surprised with the final wild card winner and doubt she will advance very far. A couple surprises from the list of guys who made it. There was one, maybe two I thought would go over the ones they picked.

Anyway, no need to cancel the series. So far, this season has a pretty good group of talented singers and musicians

jonnyc

This is the first year i've watched American Idol, and the main thing I noticed is that the standard is so much higher than the X Factor over here in the UK. The boys especially really good. Casey to win!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom