American Idol Experience To Close

Cesar R M

I'd like to show you something. Hopefully, the time mark bit comes up, so you don't have to watch the whole thing (though you should; it's a cute video). If not, jump to about the 1:00 minute mark and wait a few seconds.

Back? Good. See that? I don't think you NEED to introduce children to Indy; if that little girl can fire off his name that easily, then I'm willing to bet other children are familiar with him. (Furthermore, it's kind of ironic that the kids know Indy and not Scrooge McDuck, as Spielberg and Lucas lovingly borrowed from Scrooge McDuck comics for the opening of Raiders.)

omg, thats awesome! XD

and I used to watch ducktales a long time ago. the episodes were very entertaining and has the most addictive song EVER.

Disney had incredible row of series back then (including Rescue Rangers, Tales spin..etc..)

Wikkler

I heard they were going to turn it into a rotating Anna and Elsa ride with an interactive queue that was originally meant for PPF :hilarious:
AIE + Sounds Dangerous would be a perfect spot for Frozen.
Also, if they need to implement a Frozen ride somewhere, that would be the biggest available place...
They need to put a HUGE Frozen attraction there to attract more crowds to HS and relieve the other parks (MK).
They could quickly switch it out and use the building for a Frozen M&G until they solidify their Star Wars plans.
giphy.gif

Communicore

I'd like to show you something. Hopefully, the time mark bit comes up, so you don't have to watch the whole thing (though you should; it's a cute video). If not, jump to about the 1:00 minute mark and wait a few seconds.

Back? Good. See that? I don't think you NEED to introduce children to Indy; if that little girl can fire off his name that easily, then I'm willing to bet other children are familiar with him. (Furthermore, it's kind of ironic that the kids know Indy and not Scrooge McDuck, as Spielberg and Lucas lovingly borrowed from Scrooge McDuck comics for the opening of Raiders.)

I thought it was the other way around and Raiders of The Lost Lamp was inspired by Indiana Jones!

Kman101

I think it's a fairly safe bet that the exterior design will be top notch. It's just what is on the inside that hasn't been quite up to par with the outside. They did a great job with the new Harambe area, the FLE has beautiful exteriors (even if they all don't mesh that well together). It's just the insides ...

lebeau

Even if they cheap out a bit, it will STILL be immensely popular, simply because it's Star Wars. Look at the success of Star Wars Weekends.

maybe for a while...still needs to be done well...the bar has been raised down the street

Bingo.

Star Wars is not a sure thing. There have been plenty of Star Wars products that were unpopular. IP will only take you so far. Execution is the key.

If Disney builds Star Wars land and it's no better than Dinorama, it won't be any more popular in the long run than Chest and Hesterland.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
Bingo.

Star Wars is not a sure thing. There have been plenty of Star Wars products that were unpopular. IP will only take you so far. Execution is the key.

If Disney builds Star Wars land and it's no better than Dinorama, it won't be any more popular in the long run than Chest and Hesterland.

So true. It'll just be another "land" once the newness has worn off.

Look at New Fantasyland. There's a new coaster in the middle of it, but does anyone really care about the rest of it anymore? I know the BatB restaurant is popular, but is anything else there a "must do"? As APs, we have gone twice. Really don't see a need to go again.

twebber55

Look at New Fantasyland. There's a new coaster in the middle of it, but does anyone really care about the rest of it anymore? I know the BatB restaurant is popular, but is anything else there a "must do"? As APs, we have gone twice. Really don't see a need to go again.
mermaid was a walk on around 7 pm when I was there a couple of weeks ago

Kman101

I probably won't ride Mermaid again until it, hopefully, gets it's refurb (twice was enough), probably won't set foot in BaTB because I really don't do sit down meals when going solo (even with someone I won't wait in that ridiculous line and don't desire to make reservations), and I'd feel a bit too out of place in Enchanted Tales with Belle ... so, that leaves the Dwarf Train, which is a good enough ride, fun enough, and probably the one I'd go for, but only with a FP. I won't wait 90 minutes for 2 minutes, even if I do like the ride (same goes for other attractions). The exteriors are nice to take pictures of though ;)

As for "Old" Fantasyland, I don't even remember the last time I rode Pooh. I think I've been on it once (if we had Hunny Hunt it would 100% be a must do every time). And only way I do Peter Pan is FP+. So nice to be on and off within about 5 minutes. No way will I wait in that typically 40 minute line for such a short ride. Small World is typically walk on for me whenever I go.

lebeau

New Fantasyland. Don't get me started!

I have two little girls ages 9 and 5. Talk about the target demo for NFL! Once was enough for them. My youngest is obsessed with Ariel. We rode in in 2012. They didn't even want to ride it again this year. We had 2 sets of FPs for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Cancelled the second set because no one wanted to ride it again.

It's all nice to look at. But in a year or two, the newness is going to wear off. And then we'll have a pretty land with relatively few people in it.

RSoxNo1

Mermaid will remain popular because it's Fantasyland, but like many high capacity rides they will have periods during the day (typically early and late) where they become walk ons. This happens at Pirates, Mansion and even Splash Mountain.

cw1982

Mermaid will remain popular because it's Fantasyland, but like many high capacity rides they will have periods during the day (typically early and late) where they become walk ons. This happens at Pirates, Mansion and even Splash Mountain.

Yep. All four of those were practically walk ons late at night when we were there. In fact, our last night of our trip, we did the following in three hours:

-watched Illuminations
-rode the monorail to MK
-rode 7dmt with a pass
-picked up a LeFew's Brew
-rode Splash Mountain
-rode Big Thunder
-grabbed a Dole Whip
-rode Space Mountain twice

all between 9 pm and midnight. I'm not gonna lie... it was pretty awesome ;) Mermaid was walk on as well our first night there, but I didn't bother to check after that because I was content to have ridden it once.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
New Fantasyland. Don't get me started!

I have two little girls ages 9 and 5. Talk about the target demo for NFL! Once was enough for them. My youngest is obsessed with Ariel. We rode in in 2012. They didn't even want to ride it again this year. We had 2 sets of FPs for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Cancelled the second set because no one wanted to ride it again.

It's all nice to look at. But in a year or two, the newness is going to wear off. And then we'll have a pretty land with relatively few people in it.

I still say they made a high disastrous mistake by not doing a better job of building continuity throughout Fantasyland. It's all entirely too fragmented.

They needed to make all of Fantasyland one large magical area. Instead, you have the courtyard area (carousel, Philharmagic, Princess Fairytale Hall; then you have Pan and IASW w/Tangled; then there's New Fantasyland walled off from everything; then there's Pooh; and finally CircusLand. It's weird. It should all be one amazing area.

NoChesterHester

Do you think it would cost more to clone indy or just make a NEW ride of the same franchise?

Operationally I believe TDO doesn't want another EMV. Also, 19 years later I don't know if it would save you a ton to clone either. Major code changes. Software is totally different. No integrated delivery (BIM), which is how they manage projects. Different site. Different soils. (Lots of adaptation work.) huge changes in accessibility since then.

No... I don't think it would save much... If any to clone Indy from Disneyland.

omurice

Is anyone able to book AIE FastPass from Sep. 30 on? It's still visible as a selection but says not available for Sep. 30.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom