American Idol Experience To Close

BrianLo

I was under the impression from people like @WDW1974 that DHS Star Wars expansion was at least 3-5 years off from ground breaking.

More along the lines of 4-6 years from opening, which is 1-3 years from groundbreaking.

I still strongly suspect StarWars will be a 2019 project... but I would be quite happy if the pick up the pace and earmark it for 2018.

DinoInstitute

I think a SW expansion would be nice there. Also, if they need to implement a Frozen ride somewhere, that would be the biggest available place... and if they work efficiently, they can a lot done before the sequel.
Hold up--theres a sequel?!
images

doctornick

I am happy to see this Go I never liked the AIE I have seen it once or twice but that was good enough for me

That's only reasonable as long as the space is used for a new attraction. I never go to AIE, but would much prefer it stays open and draws people there, so they wouldn't be at other attractions I am doing.

I was pretty neutral on Sounds Dangerous but I remember people cheering its closure and now... it's just empty. Much rather have an open attraction than nothing.

...but I'd much rather have them building Star Wars stuff sooner rather than later.

DinoInstitute

More along the lines of 4-6 years from opening, which is 1-3 years from groundbreaking.

I still strongly suspect StarWars will be a 2019 project... but I would be quite happy if the pick up the pace and earmark it for 2018.
While I know it wont happen, I realized that they could easily complete a phase one by late '16. They really should.

And this may not be the right place, but I like the idea about Echo Lake becoming the land that has a bunch of rides about classic movies. There my not be room, but theres Indy now, and the feel of the area seems just right.

PhotoDave219

So is anyone sitting on information about the IJ Stunt Show? I would assume that if they are going to build anything there that it would have to have a similar leadtime of notification to cast. @Bolt @drew81

Nonetheless, if -- I know big if -- this is for some Star Wars expansion, you could do a nice "Phase 1" with putting something in the AIE/Sounds Dangerous space + converting Backlot Express to the Mos Eisley Cantina. Not that I want to see any SW expansion done in phases, but it would be better than not getting it at all.

I have no information on that at all. Nothing I'm sitting on. None.

Beholder

Agree, especially if the new movie (s) manage to re-establish itself once again as a major cultural event. It has never left the public landscape, but elevating it once again to the standards of the first three films would really create reason to speed up the process. At least that's what I hope.

lebeau

Agree, especially if the new movie (s) manage to re-establish itself once again as a major cultural event. It has never left the public landscape, but elevating it once again to the standards of the first three films would really create reason to speed up the process. At least that's what I hope.

The new movies will be successful. But there is no way they will be cultural events on the scale of the first trilogy. I am just hoping they are better received than the prequels. But I doubt they will be any more relevant.

DinoInstitute

But really though, I am going to call up my friend that works at DHS and see if he knows anything himself. Here's hopin'!
Sorry to reply to myself, but as I said, I just talked to my friend, and he says hes being relocated from Indy to Backlot Tour, he doesn't know why though. Could be completely unrelated, but gosh did hearing this get me so excited that changes could be coming!!

tl77

AIE + Sounds Dangerous would be a perfect spot for Frozen.

I was thinking that since the AIE building is right in the center of the park, and already set up for live musical performances, that a Frozen Stage Show would be a pretty good guess for that location. Plus the Disney on Ice Show is completely themed around Frozen and has quite a few special effects that sound pretty impressive

DinoInstitute

I was thinking that since the AIE building is right in the center of the park, and already set up for live musical performances, that a Frozen Stage Show would be a pretty good guess for that location. Plus the Disney on Ice Show is completely themed around Frozen and has quite a few special effects that sound pretty impressive

I think it should be at VOTLM. But I think that is a good idea

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom