American Idol Experience goes Down Today

hwdelien

But here's the SONG LIST for those interested.

Really a tiny song list, don't you think? I can understand limiting the list because of the cost of song rights, but even the list of Disney Songs is small. What's up with that? I wanna sing Zippity Do Da, is singing that banned too? Or Kiss the Girl, one of my favorites, isn't there. You would think the list of Disney songs would be extensive. sigh

SirGoofy

Yea, the song list is horrendous. And they've been having problems getting contestants to begin with.

I can't wait till this thing dies a painful, horrible death.

JML42691

Really a tiny song list, don't you think? I can understand limiting the list because of the cost of song rights, but even the list of Disney Songs is small. What's up with that? I wanna sing Zippity Do Da, is singing that banned too? Or Kiss the Girl, one of my favorites, isn't there. You would think the list of Disney songs would be extensive. sigh
I would guess that it has something to do with the actual shows that take place throughout the day, figuring each song seems to have a unique light design specific to that song that is synchronized to the music. I have a feeling that the limits of songs is more specific to issues like this than song rights, but I may be wrong. Having to make dozens upon dozens of designs each day for new songs would be a lot of work on the light designer and the board programmer.

wdwmemories

I'm surprised there is no backup system for this...

You will NEVER hear anyone at Disney say that they can't take your money for purchases because a system is down! :ROFLOL:

hardcard

show has really wained in viewership lately.. the other day, tower had a 70 min wait, rNR have a 120, Mania was 130... Idol was a 'walk in' ... probably 60 people lined-up for the finale show.....

It's not going to last long, and disney knows it.. Thats why they didn't spend as much on the building as originally planned....

lightboy

Question: What does Fantasmic have to do with AIE? Does the "grand prize winner" get to perform as part of the preshow?

Absolutely nothing. People just think that the AIE finale show is in lieu of Fantasmic. The two have nothing to do with each other. AI is simply a 7pm show...every night. Happens to be called finale. And the theater only seats 1000. Hasn't nothing on Fant. Same thing as if Indy had a 7pm show, no different. Just a 7pm show.

Fant cut shows due to Disney is wanting to cut their budget. It IS a financial monster to run...if you count the performers, costumers, technicians, engineering staff, managers, staging personnel that are there every night...not to mention pyro product and maintenance. Still think it should be every night. But not getting into that argument again.

AI's computer system that runs the audition space IS the same computer system that integrates all show elements in the show. If the AMX portion of the network (or the hardware itself) goes offline, shows are down. Done deal. Backup, sure. Someone on call everyday to switch it over to the backup? Too expensive.

Saying that...I'm not sure which element went down that day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom