American Film Institute 100 Years... 100 Movies- 25th anniversary list speculation.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I'm a pretty big film buff, and I'm trying to work my way through all of the AFI's film lists (main and the offshoots). If you're not familiar with the lists, or want a refresher, here's the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI's_100_Years...100_Movies

So far, I've watched 74/100 of the original list, and 73/100 on the 10th anniversary list (and 165/409 for all of the movies listed on these lists, plus the Laughs, Thrills, Musicals, Cheers, Passions, and 10 Top 10 lists). We didn't get a 20th anniversary list, which makes me believe the AFI may create a list for the 25th anniversary (and hopefully update the other lists). Twenty-three movies were removed from the original 100 Movies list, and while they were replaced, only one was from this century- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

For simplification purposes, what are five movies that you would add to the list (from 2000 forward), five movies pre-2000 to add, and what are five movies that you would remove? If this thread is popular enough, I'd like to create a poll for five films to add based on responses in here.

This is my list (based on movies I've seen, there are a few acclaimed films I haven't watched yet)

21st century:
  • Memento
  • The Dark Knight
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • Black Panther
  • Inglourious Basterds
pre-2000
  • The Empire Strikes Back
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Airplane!
  • Roman Holiday
  • Back to the Future
Remove
  • Yankee Doodle Dandy
  • The Deer Hunter
  • Tootsie
  • The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
  • The Sixth Sense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom