American Express in the Parks

nngrendel

Easy question.

Do they take AMEX inside the parks? I found a AMEX gift card that I received last Christmas and its like Christmas all over again. Just in time for my trip in 5 days. Just want to make sure they accept that card before I take it.

rob0519

This is from a search on the WDW website. If they take Amex at AK, they will take it all parks.

Credit Cards

• Credit cards that are accepted at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park:
    • Disney's Premier Visa® Card
    • Visa
    • MasterCard
    • American Express
    • Discover
    • Diners Club International
    • JCB
  • In addition to credit cards, traveler's checks and cash are also accepted.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I carry my Amex card as a back-up for those occasions when I hit the max on my room-charge on the KTTW card. Never had any problem using it.

Upvote 0

DisneyAubs

Just keep track of your balance as you use it. Credit card gift cards were always tricky when I used to work in restaurants. If the bill was, say, $75 but the gift card was for for $50 but they had already used it it to purchase something I would have to know the exact balance left to make it run through. It wouldn't automatically deduct. Maybe they have fixed this problem by now, but just to be safe I always write my new balance on the gift card with a sharpie.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
Just keep track of your balance as you use it. Credit card gift cards were always tricky when I used to work in restaurants. If the bill was, say, $75 but the gift card was for for $50 but they had already used it it to purchase something I would have to know the exact balance left to make it run through. It wouldn't automatically deduct. Maybe they have fixed this problem by now, but just to be safe I always write my new balance on the gift card with a sharpie.

Thanks for the tip. I have a few gift cards I will be using this trip.

Upvote 0

DisneyAubs

Thanks for the tip. I have a few gift cards I will be using this trip.
If it is a Disney gift card it isn't a problem. They do deduct automatically and if you run out the cashier will say, "oh there was only $22.50 on the card. You owe another $19.73" or whatever. You will even be able to see the balance for Disney gift cards at the bottom of your receipt. It is just credit card gift cards that can be funky.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Good to know! I get JetBlue points with my AmEx card, so the more I spend at Disney World, the more points I'll earn toward transportation for the next trip! Or something like that... ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom