American Adventure

DisAl

Like some of the rest of you, I think VoL is one of the high points of WDW.
I request that they sing Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" every time we go. And when they get to the line "And I'd gladly stand up next to you" I do stand, and I wish everybody else would too.
I would nominate this song to be the second national anthem. 🇺🇸

KimAnnFran

Original Poster
They sing before 7-8 shows per day 5 days a week. Basically how it has been for decades.

Today:
Times for Voices of Liberty
Afternoon
12:15 PM ,
1:00 PM
1:45 PM,
2:30 PM
3:15 PM
4:00 PM
4:45 PM

Am I wrong in remembering that at some point in history, every time we went to see the American Adventure, they were before it as a preshow?
Even late into the evening when the parks were open later?

I remember a period where the kids couldn't see it because they were on three shows a day. They may have been temporary.

Anyway, I cry every time they sing, and I love hearing them in that rotunda.

I hope that American Adventure never closes.

KimAnnFran

Original Poster
Like some of the rest of you, I think VoL is one of the high points of WDW.
I request that they sing Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" every time we go. And when they get to the line "And I'd gladly stand up next to you" I do stand, and I wish everybody else would too.
I would nominate this song to be the second national anthem. 🇺🇸
I love it. I also love how they do America, The Beautiful and "This is My Country."

ChewbaccaYourMum

I just want you all to know that you just gave me a heart attack....

All I saw was a thread about the American Adventure, and the worst possible things started flooding my head. I swear I was preparing myself to open this thread and see that it was closing or changing. THANKS FOR THAT!:banghead::banghead:

peter11435

Today:
Times for Voices of Liberty
Afternoon
12:15 PM ,
1:00 PM
1:45 PM,
2:30 PM
3:15 PM
4:00 PM
4:45 PM

Am I wrong in remembering that at some point in history, every time we went to see the American Adventure, they were before it as a preshow?
Even late into the evening when the parks were open later?

I remember a period where the kids couldn't see it because they were on three shows a day. They may have been temporary.

Anyway, I cry every time they sing, and I love hearing them in that rotunda.

I hope that American Adventure never closes.
For the past couple decades they have not performed before every show.

danyoung56

I guess I'm the only one who is not a fan of VOL.

Just curious - why?

Am I having another memory lapse that VoL once did a rendition of Golden Dreams?

When they perform outside of the AA rotunda, as they do around July 4th when they do shows on the American Gardens stage, they'll do Golden Dreams. I think inside the hall it's a little bit of conflict with the recorded version that caps off the main show.

Lilofan

All I saw was a thread about the American Adventure, and the worst possible things started flooding my head. I swear I was preparing myself to open this thread and see that it was closing or changing. THANKS FOR THAT!:banghead::banghead:
If AA ever got on the chopping block, count me in on the protest march.

KimAnnFran

Original Poster

OMG I can imagine, I'm sorry! But I just felt like talking about it, it's one of the things that brings me back.

KimAnnFran

Original Poster
Just curious - why?

When they perform outside of the AA rotunda, as they do around July 4th when they do shows on the American Gardens stage, they'll do Golden Dreams. I think inside the hall it's a little bit of conflict with the recorded version that caps off the main show.

I LOVE THAT SONG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom