American Adventure - One word of dialogue change

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thought this might be interesting.

Pop quiz:

Does anyone know what one word changed (as far as I know) since the original version of American Adventure?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
wild guess--"man" (or "men') changed to people, humans, or us......
Something more gender-inclusive.

good guess.

It's part of the opening dialogue that changed after the new century (though I do wonder if it did change on the correct day or sometime after)

"John Steinbeck here in the 20th century" changed to "John Steinbeck back in the 20th century"

Goofyernmost

Damn now their going have to change it again in 78 years. They could have saved themselves the trouble by just saying "many years ago".

SplashJacket

Damn now their going have to change it again in 78 years. They could have saved themselves the trouble by just saying "many years ago".
They've already future-proofed it. They changed it from saying "The 20th century is right now" to "The 20th Century is a thing that happened in the past, let's talk about it"

Kamikaze

No... Even if its 2100, 'back in the 20th century' is still the same as it is today.

Though the easier fix would have been to just drop the word completely and have it be '... John Steinbeck in the 20th century ...'

Goofyernmost

No... Even if its 2100, 'back in the 20th century' is still the same as it is today.

Though the easier fix would have been to just drop the word completely and have it be '... John Steinbeck in the 20th century ...'
You're right, I read it wrong, but either way would work. But, the way they did it was the easiest and most precise way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom