American Adventure- no more store filled with quality, patriotic, historical merchandise

The Empress Lilly

I was in EPCOT today and headed over to America to find out of the store there had re-opened, only to discover that it’s never going to be a store connected to “America” any more but just will have Disney artwork .
what happened?
There was a time when that store had fantastic merchandise!
What happened is that EPCOT is being replaced by a park that is 'more timeless, more relevant, more family and more Disney'.

By which they mean replacing the stately, rarified, moving atmosphere of the pavilion by Muppets and Toy Story junk.

Because Buzz Lightyear is more timeless than Benjamin Franklin and your kids are expected to be too dumb to know who that is anyway and your task as parent is to ensure they remain that way.

The Empress Lilly

It would be nice to only have products there that were made in USA since many of the other places have things from that country. They could have brought in products made from different US states. I think people would have loved it. But people are also price conscious and may be drawn to the cheaper things made in China that are sold all over the world. Most of the things at Disney are over priced.
I would treasure original US products in the America pavilion. Both to browse and to buy. Would make for such a nice way to linger a bit in my glowing, warm, patriotic mood after the show.

Some traditional US arts and crafts would be awesome. More timeless than Frozen 8 'Elsa Got a New Gown Again'. Or homemade jam in pots with American flags of which the proceeds go to homeless vets and inner city teachers. I'd buy a suitcase full. More relevant to me.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Isnt that the truth. Next he will be running for President!!
Yeah and all of his policy proposals will arrive from the White House to Capitol Hill via free 2 day shipping! LOL! I should know about it since I'm a UPS man and spend my days and nights delivering everyone their Amazon junk that they're addicted to ordering. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom