American Adventure- no more store filled with quality, patriotic, historical merchandise

Mindy55

Original Poster
Cannot agree more, I have T-Shirts that we bought on a trip in 2014 that I still wear. In April last year I got one and it is so thin I would need to wear something in below it as it is practically shear, and the print on it has all but worn off. Yet the 2014 on is still in good condition and the print clearly visible but showing signs of its age.
I’m curious if anyone on this forum has any insight to this?
even the mouse ears - not only is the assortment awful (if you don’t like sequence, don’t bother) but the quality is incredibly cheap looking. Same with Cinderella’s toy castle, it looks like something I’d find in a discount store. I’m so grateful I had the opportunity to buy it when it was better quality. Trend D, Mouse Gear and a few shops in AK and MK would sell some cool brands .. like Billabong, Roxy, Blu Pepper- to compliment their merchandise .. that’s all gone too :(

Qscout

I’m curious if anyone on this forum has any insight to this?
even the mouse ears - not only is the assortment awful (if you don’t like sequence, don’t bother) but the quality is incredibly cheap looking. Same with Cinderella’s toy castle, it looks like something I’d find in a discount store. I’m so grateful I had the opportunity to buy it when it was better quality. Trend D, Mouse Gear and a few shops in AK and MK would sell some cool brands .. like Billabong, Roxy, Blu Pepper- to compliment their merchandise .. that’s all gone too :(

Might need to move it or start a new thread for that. If I get the chance I will post pictures of the 2014 t-shirt and the 2019 one.

trainplane3

I was in EPCOT today and headed over to America to find out of the store there had re-opened, only to discover that it’s never going to be a store connected to “America” any more but just will have Disney artwork .
what happened?
There was a time when that store had fantastic merchandise!
The Art of Disney store at the front of the park closed so it was relocated. No one knows if it's permanent or if it's until the Epcot overhaul is finished.

Edit: I just noticed @donsullivan said the same exact thing right in the second post.

Mindy55

Original Poster
The Art of Disney store at the front of the park closed so it was relocated. No one knows if it's permanent or if it's until the Epcot overhaul is finished.

Edit: I just noticed @donsullivan said the same exact thing right in the second post.
Yes- and when I inquired, I was advised that the store representation America, would not be returning, that it will remain an Art if Disney Store.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Yes- and but when I inquired, I was advised that the store representation America, would not be returning, that it will remain an Art if Disney Store.
They also were frontline CMs. Not to talk down on them at all but the Epcot project is going to run until 2023 (mentioned in other threads and this can change). A lot can change in 3 years so they're probably being told "this is how it is forever" because they honestly don't really need to know.

If it is going to change, they probably won't know until a few months out.

Mindy55

Original Poster
They also were frontline CMs. Not to talk down on them at all but the Epcot project is going to run until 2023 (mentioned in other threads and this can change). A lot can change in 3 years so they're probably being told "this is how it is forever" because they honestly don't really need to know.

If it is going to change, they probably won't know until a few months out.
Excellent point- thank you ☺️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom