American Adventure Issues

TrainsOfDisney

I've enjoyed American Adventure but the best part is the Voices Of Liberty in the rotanda. The acoustics are excellent and we can chat with the singers after their performance. I am not too thrilled about VOL transitioning to contemporary music? What the heck?
Oh yes, I’m a huge fan of the Voices! I don’t mind a few modern Disney songs, actually I enjoy them. But the core of the show should remain classic American music in my opinion.

Are you suggesting you have fallen asleep in Carousel of Progress? How dare you.
There’s no privacy at all in that place!!!

Lilofan

Oh yes, I’m a huge fan of the Voices! I don’t mind a few modern Disney songs, actually I enjoy them. But the core of the show should remain classic American music in my opinion.

There’s no privacy at all in that place!!!
I remember few weeks after 9/11, Voices of Liberty were performing and not a dry eye around when many were joining along with the singers.

JohnD

Totally agree, very careful line to walk. But every time I watch this show it becomes more obvious that more representation is needed. Not to say that some people’s contributions highlighted in this show are not important, but it’s also time to give other people a chance. Off the top of my head, every figure in this show is white except for one aboriginal, and two African Americans (one of which is just a gas station attendant not even a real historical figure)

"Aboriginal" as in from Australia? Where? There is a Native American (can't remember his name) who decries the "new dawn" and Frederick Douglas. And those two scenes make some very strong points.

Disone

I think American Adventure is a perfect “Disney theme park” balance of positive and negative historical moments in USA history.

I really hope it doesn’t get updated any time soon and continues to play as is.
I would like to see an update to the show. Arm chair imaginnering:

Off hand I would add MLK's " I have a dream speech" Have Doctor King rise faceing the audience but as he speaks he is rotated, as is the camera angle on the wide screen behind him so that as when back is facing the audience, the audience is now facing the POV of
Doctor King's crowds listening to his speech.

From here zoom in on the crowd and lower doctor King then as you zoom back out raise Ronald Reagan giving the " mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" Moment in Germany.

Transition to golden dreams.

TrainsOfDisney

Off hand I would add MLK's " I have a dream speech" Have Doctor King rise faceing the audience but as he speaks he is rotated, as is the camera angle on the wide screen behind him so that as when back is facing the audience, the audience is now facing the POV of

From here zoom in on the crowd and lower doctor King then as you zoom back out raise Ronald Reagan giving the " mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" Moment in Germany.

The MLK speech would be 1 thing that I agree should be added.

It’s possible that the family does not want him represented as an AA and that’s why he’s in the movie portion?

But I do agree that would be a nice addition to the show.

JohnD

That's fine but Golden Dreams would have to be modified to remove those references from that segment.

castlecake2.0

There are a lot of things they could do (your suggestion is pretty good) but I don't know how feasible they are. I think something like that would involve basically rebuilding everything from the sets to the AAs, right? You wouldn't want to leave all the scenes the same.

Not that they couldn't do that if they wanted to -- I just don't see management having any interest in spending the money to do so right now.
Just tipsy blue sky ideas from the Coronado pool bar lol. I was picturing leaving all the infrastructure the same and redressing the sets and AAs definitely a huge investment and not something that’s ever likely in the Chapek reign. Cheers!

StarWarsGirl

I think American Adventure is a perfect “Disney theme park” balance of positive and negative historical moments in USA history.

I really hope it doesn’t get updated any time soon and continues to play as is.
I was just thinking that the other day as I was watching it. It's well balanced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom