Amazon Prime Now delivery with alcohol, how does that work?

Janir

Original Poster
Anyone done a Amazon Prime Now delivery to a resort with booze? How will that get handled by Amazon AND the Resort?
I won't be there when it gets delivered, but guest services will be (obviously). Will Amazon actually deliver to them and check someone's ID there, and then the package gets delivered as any other? Do I have to be present? Will Both just check my ID's? Does it just NOT happen? Can anyone with experience explain?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Never done it with Amazon, but for Garden Grocer you scan your driver's license into their website ahead of time. There's no additional verification upon delivery, Disney will receive it at bell services like anything else.

Janir

Original Poster
Had a nice quick chat with Guest services, they told me they will accept and prove the age req to Amazon, then Bell services will ask ME for an ID.
Easy Peasy. Kinda makes sense now why Bell Services always wants you to call from the room to get your groceries delivered that they are holding.
Not sure from the Amazon end, but I'm goign to assume they will be checking just who they are handing it off to vs the need to insure that I am ultimately not under 21 years of age. ( LOL)

Last edited:

OneofThree

Anyone done a Amazon Prime Now delivery to a resort with booze? How will that get handled by Amazon AND the Resort?
I won't be there when it gets delivered, but guest services will be (obviously). Will Amazon actually deliver to them and check someone's ID there, and then the package gets delivered as any other? Do I have to be present? Will Both just check my ID's? Does it just NOT happen? Can anyone with experience explain?

Guessing you're UK-based (and spoiled in this regardn lol). Amazon does not deliver alcohol. Distribution regulations here are complex, antiquated, and a bit draconian in yes, the wake of prohibition, to this day.

OneofThree

Actually in some of the US cities served by Amazon Prime now they deliver alcohol. I know Columbus does, so it may be more a state law thing

That would definitely be consistent with regulatory environment issues. Post-prohibition, each state effectively had their own their set of laws and regulations. It's a total PITA for producers and distributors. As a scotch enthusiast, I hate it because it limits what is distributed in my state, and in most cases disallows shipping between states. ATF is useless in that regard. We really need a modern set of rules. Because my home state is Florida, I can assure you no delivery to WDW.

correcaminos

Actually in some of the US cities served by Amazon Prime now they deliver alcohol. I know Columbus does, so it may be more a state law thing
Ohio?

Amazon delivers alcohol to Orlando. We met them and showed ID in the lobby when we did. Easy peasy for us. But I prefer meeting groceries myself so wasn't a big deal. Better than scanning a copy for someone else IMO

Janir

Original Poster
Keep in mind also that Bell/Concierge now charges a handling fee for deliveries as of what, two months ago?
Yeah, not worried about the $6 + tip for that. Between a bunch of soda and a flat of water plus other munchies, they will have earned that $6+ tip. But I am aware, thanks!

Mark P.

During our trip last month, the first time we ordered alcohol delivery from Prime Now, the order was canceled as "undeliverable" because I wasn't present at the time of delivery to present ID (the delivery window was after our check-in time but we were still in the air when the attempt was made so I didn't get the phone call asking me to come to the bell stand). However, we placed the exact same order the next day during a timeframe when we knew we would be at the resort, assuming that I would just go to the bell stand when the driver arrived; apparently that driver didn't need to check my ID and was able to leave the beer and wine with bell services, because the only notification I got that time was that it was ready for pick-up. So, it seems to depend on on driver discretion, apparently...

M:SpilotISTC12

I had no problem when I used it in June with alcohol included in our order. I was there when they arrived to pick it up. The guy delivering didn't see me waiting for him outside the lobby and checked it in with bell services curbside. They bags are closed and they can't see inside. I got my order with no problem at all. In fact Amazon Prime Now is the way to go if you're already a prime member.

durangojim

correcaminos

It is, had a few thing delivered through prime and had the $5 charge at the Contemporary but not WL.
no, it's not. Prime and Prime Now deliveries are not the same. They are talking about a $6 fee if you want it delivered to your room via Bell Services. The $5 package fee is different and is charged at all resorts now but not consistently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom