Amazing quality Horizons tribute

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I can remember riding this with my mouth open the whole time.

As someone said earlier - It didn't matter how many times you rode it, you always, ALWAYS, saw something new that you hadn't seen or heard in a previous ride.

I mean - just now - watching the video's (especially #2), I never realized how large the transitions were going from the desert (2ish min into it) to under the seas to (about 4:35 into it) straight into space - and you never thought twice about the leaps.

"If we can dream it, then we can do it
Yes we can, yes we can!
If we can dream it, then we can do it
Yes we can, yes we can!"

I was never able to go to WDW as a child. My first trip was only a few years ago when I was already in my 40s so I never had a chance to ride Horizons. Why did they take that away? It seems so "Disney" to me. I am not a thrill ride person so the more dark rides that aren't fast moving the better. Plus it was educational too. That seems to fit the spirit of EPCOT nicely.

I am far from a Disney basher, for example I like the new SSE refurb (though they could have chosen a better narrator) but I sure hate to see EPOCT without this attraction.

Here is a stupid question, would they ever rebuild this? Or at least something similar? Or are those days gone forever?
Sink hole. :(

Great find, Merf! Brings back alot of very faint memories! Truly amazing videos!

BrerKev

I remember the very first time going to WDW when I was about 13 or 14. My Dad worked for GE and they had a special VIP lounge in Horizons for GE employees. That was fun. I remember that they had soda, and hard candy. They also had a remote controlled camera that you could rotate to view different areas of the park on a large screen. From there they snuck us on to the ride, (through the exit I think). It was a neat experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom