Am I the only one that misses seeing toy guns in the Magic Kingdom?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I can still remember being a kid and getting a different cap gun every year. I have the rifle but my favorite was the small handgun they had. I remember bringing them home and using gunpowder caps in them and later in life used them to launch small fireworks😆😆😆😆. I remember being a kid and seeing kids playing with them while armed up in the glow rings up and down the parade routes before they closed for Spectromagic.

Heppenheimer

I guess they looked too realistic for some people's taste. That was kind of the attraction when I was a kid. These weren't cheap plastic that broke before you got home, but rugged wood and metal construct.

Come to think of it, do they even still sell coonskin caps? In the 70s and 80s, it seemed like Disney World was the only location where you could still buy one of these. If you saw a kid wearing a coonskin cap, you could almost assume he recently visited Disney World.

Cmdr_Crimson

Come to think of it, do they even still sell coonskin caps? In the 70s and 80s, it seemed like Disney World was the only location where you could still buy one of these. If you saw a kid wearing a coonskin cap, you could almost assume he recently visited Disney World.
I think Big Al's had some across from CBJ and maybe The Canada pavilion, Ft Wilderness or Wilderness lodge to name a few...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I guess they looked too realistic for some people's taste. That was kind of the attraction when I was a kid. These weren't cheap plastic that broke before you got home, but rugged wood and metal construct.

Capture.PNG

JIMINYCR

Cap guns... we all had them as kids and you would find us every day after school in the woods playing cops & robbers, cowboys & indians and army. On my last trip to WDW I bought a pirates flintlock pistol in the PoTC shop. With the orange tipped barrel, it looks like you could place one cap shot on, but it might not have the power to hit hard enough to blow the cap off. I often think of the fun we had as kids that the generations after me are missing out on.

Heppenheimer

Cap guns... we all had them as kids and you would find us every day after school in the woods playing cops & robbers, cowboys & indians and army. On my last trip to WDW I bought a pirates flintlock pistol in the PoTC shop. With the orange tipped barrel, it looks like you could place one cap shot on, but it might not have the power to hit hard enough to blow the cap off. I often think of the fun we had as kids that the generations after me are missing out on.
Yeah, caps worked perfectly on those guns they formerly sold. It took a little effort to tear each individual cap off the roll, and place it on the firing plate securely, but considering how long it actually took to load a real muzzle-loaded firearm, that just made playtime a little more historically realistic.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Yeah, caps worked perfectly on those guns they formerly sold. It took a little effort to tear each individual cap off the roll, and place it on the firing plate securely, but considering how long it actually took to load a real muzzle-loaded firearm, that just made playtime a little more historically realistic.
It’s easier to rip off the orange cap and launch bottle rockets out of it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom