Am I the only one dreading some of the changes to Epcot?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Even tho I would do almost anything to see 88 Illuminations in person again this show just doesn’t appeal to me one bit. Those LED screens seem like a total visual nightmare and out of all the shows not to include the earth barge as the centerpiece. I’d rather see a good old light show with the buildings lighting up and an up to date laser show but that’s just me. I used to love their ways of showing imagery expecially with the laser images, I could care less about graphics that should be saved for he tv and big screen.
Second is Spaceship Earth, I’ll take the current ride over a ride about story telling and the human experience. I mean Communication is at its point where onlydevices can advance now. But I still would rather have it about peogress, technology and ways of living over what it’s about to become. Even what there is now with a tomorrows child type ending would be a great for with today’s world.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Even tho I would do almost anything to see 86 Illuminations in person again this show just doesn’t appeal to me one bit. Those LED screens seem like a total visual nightmare and out of all the shows not to include the earth barge as the centerpiece. I’d rather see a good old light show with the buildings lighting up and an up to date laser show but that’s just me. I used to love their ways of showing imagery expecially with the laser images, I could care less about graphics that should be saved for he tv and big screen.
So where is the video of the show, so that we can all judge how much we dislike it already? Sorry, don't mean any snark, but not sure how you can have such strong feelings over a show that isn't even going to debut until next year, and no one has even seen the show yet. Why not wait until you can see it for yourself, in person, and then hate on it. Future video on YouTube does NOT count, as the experience is completely different in person.

Oh, and AFAIK, the original Illuminations opened in 1988.

Phonedave

Communication is at its point where only devices can advance now.

Not sure what you mean by the above statement, but suffice to say, I guess you won't be part of the group inventing the next communications mode.

But, back to your original questions, I do have some trepidation about the upcoming changes. I still think EPCOT is continuously moving away from it's original spirit of learning, discovery, and innovation, but who knows, maybe things will work out.

The_Jobu

Even tho I would do almost anything to see 88 Illuminations in person again this show just doesn’t appeal to me one bit. Those LED screens seem like a total visual nightmare and out of all the shows not to include the earth barge as the centerpiece. I’d rather see a good old light show with the buildings lighting up and an up to date laser show but that’s just me. I used to love their ways of showing imagery expecially with the laser images, I could care less about graphics that should be saved for he tv and big screen.
Second is Spaceship Earth, I’ll take the current ride over a ride about story telling and the human experience. I mean Communication is at its point where onlydevices can advance now. But I still would rather have it about peogress, technology and ways of living over what it’s about to become. Even what there is now with a tomorrows child type ending would be a great for with today’s world.

No, there's many others. Then others get offended by this and come in to the thread to defend the changes. It usually comes down to the people who hold Epcot to an ideal vs the people that just want to have fun. There are many threads discussing this, you should join in the conversation there, this one is likely to be deleted.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

I'm worried about whatever they're going to do to Spaceship Earth (after what they did to my beloved Imagination attraction so many eyars ago, I have no trust, and the vaguely-described new concept just sounds hokey and weird!). Other than that, I think the other announced changes sound positive overall, and the concept art looks nice.

Graham9

I have always thought it was about time there were some changes to Epcot, it seems to have been stuck in a rut for a while now. I look forward to see what will happen to it.

BoarderPhreak

Honestly, anything's better than what's become of FW. Don't mess with SSE - but you can have the rest. I do mourn the loss of a quadrant of Communicore.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm very excited actually.
My childhood Epcot is long gone already so why not switch things up a bit.
I love Illuminations but I'm actually pretty excited about the interim show. The new show not sure about but hey if I don't care for it I simply won't watch it.

Wendy Pleakley

Epcot hasn't really adhered to it's original themes for a while now. 'Soarin and Nemo have nothing to do with a "Future World" for example.

Do I love that? Not necessarily, but it is what it is. At least with these changes it will all make a little more sense and not feel like they're just placing attractions randomly.

KevinPage

Overall I’m happy and optimistic about the changes. EPCOT needed a serious refresh and this looks fairly “spiffy”.

My only gripe is the removal of Fountain of Nations. Loved the show and music. But if what they have shown of the plans works (and is good), I’ll get over it and enjoy the new updated feel.

1. Club Cool is coming back. Hopefully it’s still indoors, but if it’s basically Cool Wash with machines, that’s acceptable.

2. Play & Guardians will give Future World a much needed shot in the arm.

3. Spaceship Earth in current format stinks more than Chapek’s barber. Jeremy Irons version was easily the best but overall the whole ride and ride system needs an ovehaul. Optimistic about what they have planned.

4. As useless as Test Track is right now, I hope most people still like it and so does management, this way the next big project will be a reimagine BACK is TO THE ORIGINAL of Journey Into Imagination. That’s the one attraction I’d lobby Disney about if I won the lottery and/or had the power of public sentiment on my side.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
No, there's many others. Then others get offended by this and come in to the thread to defend the changes. It usually comes down to the people who hold Epcot to an ideal vs the people that just want to have fun. There are many threads discussing this, you should join in the conversation there, this one is likely to be deleted.
I’ve been on this site for 10 years, trust me this won’t get deleted. Not everyone is forced to like someone therefor should not be offended, that would give me a right to be offended as an Epcot fan. I posted what I don’t like and asked if anyone else is feeling the same uneasiness about these changes.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Overall I’m happy and optimistic about the changes. EPCOT needed a serious refresh and this looks fairly “spiffy”.

My only gripe is the removal of Fountain of Nations. Loved the show and music. But if what they have shown of the plans works (and is good), I’ll get over it and enjoy the new updated feel.

1. Club Cool is coming back. Hopefully it’s still indoors, but if it’s basically Cool Wash with machines, that’s acceptable.

3. Spaceship Earth in current format stinks more than Chapek’s barber. Jeremy Irons version was easily the best but overall the whole ride and ride system needs an ovehaul. Optimistic about what they have planned.

4. As useless as Test Track is right now, I hope most people still like it and so does management, this way the next big project will be a reimagine BACK is TO THE ORIGINAL of Journey Into Imagination. That’s the one attraction I’d lobby Disney about if I won the lottery and/or had the power of public sentiment on my side.
I wouldn’t be to quick to say goodbye to the Fountain of Nations. There’s another fountain show going on the same spot so whether it’s the fountain of Nations or not where getting a brand new fully functional fountain show. I still prefer it to take place on the same oval waterfall. The play pavilion believe it or not is one thing I’m looking forward to, it gives me that Epcot 94 vibe.

WDWTank

How is Test Track useless now?

Disneyhead'71

I'm really looking forward to Disney's ToonEPCOT. All that old depth and thoughtfulness hurts my brain. Bring on the comic book racoon with a machine gun. Whoot!!!!

And thank god they are getting rid of the awful fireworks show. All that blah, blah, blah about humanity and kinship is just dumb. Who cares? All I need is lots of 'splosions and toons.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom