Trip Report Am I sweating, or am I still wet from the rain? Solo June 2019!

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

I had so much fun writing my first report, that I have returned to write ANOTHER. I had these big plans of writing this DIRECTLY after my trip, but then I had my sister's wedding, work travel, etc. Actually - at the moment I am sitting in a beautiful church in the Bronx for a conference for medically underserved communities. There are lots of sessions I am not a part of, so I figured why not start my report now?!

When: June 18-21, 2019
Where: All Star Movies
Why: I never need a reason why BUT I did have a short conference this week. I typically extend this conference a little longer than needed ;) but I flew home from MCO on Friday the 21, and flew out to Colorado for my sister's wedding the very next morning!!
Who: ME! Solo! I have taken my mom or friends along for the ride for conferences in the past, but this year was a solo adventure

Let's do this thing!

Day 1: Tuesday, June 18, 2019

It's Disney day! There are not typically any straight flights to MCO from Portland Maine, so I booked a flight out of Boston for 6 AM. Which meant that I had planned to leave around 2 AM. Luckily, I woke up mid slumber to a text saying my flight had been delayed two hours. Okay.. at least I can sleep longer? I hit the road around 4 and made it to Logan in decent time. I feel very bougie when I travel for work, because I park in the central parking deck for almost $40 a day 😂

Security was pretty painless, and I joined a large crowd at my gate. Apparently not everyone had received the delayed flight text, as it seemed as though many Disney bound families had been at the gate for quite some time. Spoiler alert: our wait was not over. I think our flight ended up leaving just before 10 AM.. YIKES. Luckily, I was able to switch around some things re: FPs and ADRs but I'm sure not everyone was that lucky. That was a 4 hour delay!

I think I would have been a bit more upset if I was traveling on my own dime LOL. Apparently our flight was stuck in Denver, and was the only plane of size available for us. Hopefully the struggle in Denver wouldn't last for my wedding related travels later in the week!

(my "happy for a window seat" but also "wishing I was already at Disney" face)

The flight was pretty uneventful, and soon we were landing! I decided to take an Uber to HS to make my FPs (and because I wasn't paying) and was glad my bags were tagged to be brought to my room at ASM.

When I stepped out of the terminal I nearly choked on the humidity. New England girl - you aren't in Maine anymore!!

It was overcast with some sun spots my entire Uber ride....... UNTIL we pulled up at Hollywood Studios and the skies unleashed. My driver was nice enough to give me a moment to don my coat and dig out my umbrella before I got out of the car. I was ready to brave the storm for my RNRC FP!

I was absolutely DRENCHED by the time I got in line. Drenched to the very core of my soul. Oh well.. a fast ride might dry me off!

After my ride in the super stretch, I found myself in a wildly chaotic dump shop. Apparently the rain had NOT let up. I decided to browse some items to kill a little time.

(I really felt I NEEDED this, but my friends and family disagreed!)

Then I did something that pained me GREATLY. The storm that soaked me proved that my rain jacket was NOT effective. This cute color block coat from Amazon was no match for the raging storm. In my checked luggage at MCO/my hotel sat my TWO ponchos. Did I have any with me? WHY WOULD I? THAT WOULD ONLY MAKE SENSE!! So.. I spent the $10 +tax on a Disney TM poncho. I don't actually regret this. Making silly purchases is less painful when most of your other expenses are covered by work LOL

I mostly made this purchase so that I could make my way to TSL for my next FP. But first.. I needed a snack!

YUM.

I slowly made my way back to TSL, taking in the sights as I went along as the rain slowed a bit.

I made it! Thanks Pricey Poncho!!

My FP was for TSMM, which can you believe it.. I WON! Lol.. solo trip jokes

To be continued...

Last edited:

annienevells

Original Poster
Sending you extra pixie dust for your job and upcoming wedding. I hope you have a blast!!
Thanks for a great report! Your sister’s wedding dress is gorgeous, by the way. 😊
You both look so pretty!!!
And yes, pre-trip report please.
No good deed goes unpunished, huh? Enjoying your report. :)
Thank you all so much!!
Great TR & lovely wedding photos!! Everyone looks beautiful!! I wish you all the best with yours!! I don't have kids of my own but have traveled to WDW with kids more often than not so if you have any questions feel free to ask!!
Oh I will surely be asking you your expertise, OUR little J seems a lot like YOUR J :)
Loved this! Not every day you see a fellow Mainer on here!
So true, not sure I've read a report as of yet from a fellow Mainah! Glad you are here with me! LOL
Fingers crossed for the new job 😃. And of course we want to hear about the planning and trip with your nephew 😉

And as others have said - lovely photos from your sister’s wedding.
They are lovely wedding photos.
Thanks for sharing your trip. The villains after party looked amazing. Hopefully Another trip will be sooner than later! Make sure to post some wedding pictures!
Kelly
Thank you all! I can only hope (and cross all my fingers and toes) that my day is as beautiful as my sister's was! :inlove:

Mainahman

Thank you all so much!!

Oh I will surely be asking you your expertise, OUR little J seems a lot like YOUR J :)

So true, not sure I've read a report as of yet from a fellow Mainah! Glad you are here with me! LOL

Thank you all! I can only hope (and cross all my fingers and toes) that my day is as beautiful as my sister's was! :inlove:
Well weve been gone from maine for about 5 years now, but spent 27 years of my life there :) In the Nashville area now. Totally in drive able distance from WDW!

Captain Barbossa

A little late, but I enjoyed reading your TR! I don’t remember you saying anything about it so that’s why I’m asking, but did you get to ride POTC during VAH?

I hope your job interview went well and I wish you all the best on your wedding day!

annienevells

Original Poster
Real life update!!!!!

THANK YOU to my WDWMagic family for your thoughts and good wishes on my job interview process. I GOT THE JOB!! I am so excited and relieved and happy.

I celebrated by scheduling a date at California Grill for Ian and I on our family trip in February :inlove:

(ps I think my luck came from my mug LOL)

annienevells

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom