Am I Nuts? Most Times Ever Visited Disney in 1 Year

JillC LI

Non-Florida residents only please.

This October will be my 5th Trip to a Disney resort and 4th to WDW this year. The one other trip was to Disneyland in California for 4 days. The other 3 WDW trips were 8 days and this will be 8 as well.

That gives me 36 days at Disney in roughly 300 days of the year (And there are still 2 months after October!) Basically 1/9 days I have been at Disney.

It's still never enough...

What's your record year for visits? I have a feeling I'm not alone.

Nuts, no. Lucky as h*ll, yes! (both about the time at Disney and they time you can take off to travel)

majorrfb

4 times in 2008

We live in Western Massachusetts and in 2008 we visited WDW 4 times. We went in Jan., May and in Aug. our youngest son wanted to know if we would go with him and his girlfriend for a visit. In late Oct. my wife ask me what I would like from my Nov. birthday. I said, "oh, I don't know, how about a sweater". She responded why not go to Disney World. I sprinted into the house and arranged airfare, hotel and car rental on the computer, before she could change her mind. A great birthday surprise!!! :wave: :sohappy:

wsmith1978

You're not crazy, you're lucky! If I had the money and vacation time, I'd be there once a month. I can't get enough of it, though my wallet and employer give me limits! :p

slappy magoo

Should we be counting total trips or total days within those trips? I'm just askin' :shrug:

Not a calendar year, but Slappette and I took 3 trips between August of 2004 and August of 2005, 25 nights total, finishing our stay the day after our annual pass expired and then spending 3 nights at Hilton Head.

C&D

We've done three (in a year) a couple of times; no regrets (well maybe a regret, we didn't do four). :lol:

PHSCoach

Did 35 days in 2009. 7 days in January, 7 days in February, 13 days in July/August, 4 days in October and 4 days in December. Will do 31 days this year and already have 27 booked for 2012.

PartOfYourWorld

The most I've ever done in 1 year is twice.
In 2002 went in February and then back again in December
And this year will make 2 trips!! Went for 10 days in January and in 25 days will be going for 6 days! Can't wait! :)

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Nuts, no. Lucky as h*ll, yes! (both about the time at Disney and they time you can take off to travel)

Have a solid job with about 4 1/2 weeks vacation, but when I work, it's really hard. Corporate isn't fun, which is why I'd never want to work at Disney. I know how they run!

fosse76

I've been getting in about three trips per year (about 17 park days per year). In the past year (August to August), in addition to the three trips to Disney, I took 4 weekend trips to Universal. :wave:

bigorangeandy

We will have 3 trips in just under 9 months when we get back right before Christmas. We are going the week of Thanksgiving, then turning around and coming back 3 weeks later for another week. I am somewhat worried that those two trips might be a little to close together. I'm thinking about maybe a January or February trip, before the pass expires at the end of March. I guess that living only 8 hours away make it tempting to drive down at the drop of a hat.

rodserling27

I made a thread about this a while ago...I went in January, and then again in August, and I might go in October, then again in February..sooo I bought an annual pass...no, you are not nuts! :)

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
We will have 3 trips in just under 9 months when we get back right before Christmas. We are going the week of Thanksgiving, then turning around and coming back 3 weeks later for another week. I am somewhat worried that those two trips might be a little to close together. I'm thinking about maybe a January or February trip, before the pass expires at the end of March. I guess that living only 8 hours away make it tempting to drive down at the drop of a hat.

Every day isn't too close together.

Xethos

If you are a local I dont see a problem. But if you are spending large sums of money on these vacations there may be some better ways to spend the money ( just my opinion, no disrespect intended)

disney visits

last year when our 14 month annual pass ended we had gone over 50 days at disney. we stay offsite and bring our frozen drinks to save money, bringing snacks helps also only need to eat 1 meal a day at disney. also if your order a burger or sandwich or whatever tell them u dont want a side dish i saves 2 dollars off meal

CP_alum08

I live about 3 hours away, so 36 days isn't too nuts for us, but we go mostly for 3-4 day weekend trips. What type of a job do you have that gives that much vacation!!! Sign me up!

Rinx

I was there at the beginning of December in 2008. Then I did my College Program in the Spring of 2009 from January to May. Following that, I was there for a little bit of June, a little bit of July, and two weeks in August. Good stuff.

amjt660

Premium Member
I have never done the same park in a calendar year but in 2006 I was able to visit 3 parks ( WDW for 8 days in March, DLR for 3 days in August and TDL for 1 day in September).

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom