Am I being bratty?

Figment632

My GF and I are arguing over our trip that we are planning for New Years. I'm a CM and get 50% off on hotel rooms. I wanted to stay at the Wilderness lodge because the price after my discount is not bad.

I already gave in and said I'd go moderate and stay at River Side, but now my GF wants to go value and go AllStar. I personally don't like the value resorts mostly the atmosphere and because of the outside corridors.

The way I look at it with the discount we can easily afford moderate and it is easier to swallow the deluxe price. My GF says it's silly and we should try and save more money and not spend more because we get a discount.

Am I being silly and bratty or do I have a good case?

Hey my opinion, you only live once and you have a 50% discount, I go to AKL without a discount happily....I would rather be at Wilderness than any moderate for sure or value for that matter. Maybe you should tell her you only live once let's have fun. Hey life is short. Enjoy hope she gives in... :sohappy::wave:

Upvote 0

sweetale

Thanks for all your advice guys, the verdict is in and here is the compromise.

We were supposed to fly out onthe 28th of December and land around 6PM. Not getting to the resort till like 8 PM is a waste of a day so we are going to fly in early on the 29th.

Thats one less night in a hotel so she agreed to a moderate, I wanted to stay atFrench Quarter but it's 75 dollars cheaper at riverside so we are staying there.

That's great that you guys were able to reach a compromise! Have fun at Riverside, I've never stayed there but it looks like a beautiful resort. And I know that if I was going in December/January, I would be totally excited to have a hotel with outside corridors, but I would be coming from snowy Michigan and would relish any chance to be outdoors in Florida! :p Anyways...have lots of fun!
~Amy

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

With 50% off, i would definitely stay at delux, but to keep costs down as GF wants, just compromise and do the moderate. That it s the cost of a value, but with the better atmosphere of a moderate. Do not do the value if you dont have kids. Plus the pool bars are great! Have a drink on me and good luck!:wave:

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

My question is. How much time do you plan on spending at the resort? IF you are going to spend most of your time at the parks then I say stay at the value.. If you plan on spending time at the resort go for the more expensive one...

Upvote 0

CBOMB

You march right in there, and tell her you all are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, and that is final. End of discussion.

Women are only allowed to boss you around if their your mother or wife, period.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom