Al's Toy Barn in The World?

juniorthomas

Original Poster
I'm thinking they should have an Al's Toy Barn on property. Either in Downtown Disney (which means they'd simply have to rebrand Once Upon a Toy) or in a park (perhaps taking over the little shop in Pixar Place or maybe taking over the Caspian space). Nice way to tie in the movies and bring more people in contact with DCP.

One downside would be that another entity from the Toy Story world would mean they'd be overshadowing the other films considerably. They could feature toys from all Disney movies though, so that may help a little. But still, it seems like a nice opportunity - assuming they don't waste it as in the case with Pizza Planet.

Thoughts?

bgraham34

I have heard the reson there is no Al's Toy Barn is because Al is a bad guy and they don't want to associate that with a Toy Store.

MissM

I have heard the reson there is no Al's Toy Barn is because Al is a bad guy and they don't want to associate that with a Toy Store.
...and yet, there's a big Lotso right in the entryway of Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival and he's TOTALLY a bad guy. OMG, so evil!!

Jerm

Thought I had a full picture of it someplace, but this is the best I can find.

This was me playing around on one of the shopping carts from Al's Toy Barn they used to have as a photo spot at DHS where the Cars photo spot was.....ummm where the P&F photo spot will be. It had Buzz and Woody and if my memory servers me right, was one of the first places where characters used autograph stamps to try and get the line moving.

juniorthomas

Original Poster

I'd argue that he wasn't really all that villainous. The worst thing he did was steal Woody. While that doesn't make him a saint, it doesn't make him pure evil either. He's a character in the Disney universe, the same way Ursula and Scar are.

juniorthomas

Original Poster

This was me playing around on one of the shopping carts from Al's Toy Barn they used to have as a photo spot at DHS where the Cars photo spot was.....ummm where the P&F photo spot will be. It had Buzz and Woody and if my memory servers me right, was one of the first places where characters used autograph stamps to try and get the line moving.

This is priceless. I wish I knew about that!

WDW2010

It would be an interesting idea to go with that, Toy Story is quite the popular movie and I'm sure any kid would find it cool to be in the toy store from the movie.

GOT2SAMMIES

I belive you are right... I remember that the other corner was painted like a barn and Woody was there for photos. I'm going to look in my photos as well... I think I have one from 2004...

Al's Toy Barn was located near Muppet*Vision 3D at DHS where Luigi's Casa Della Tires is located now.

Woody, Buzz, and Jessie appeared. Occasionally, Bullseye would also make an appearance.

Also, the Phineas and Ferb play spot will not be replacing Luigi's Casa Della Tires. It will be near it.

Jerm

Al's Toy Barn was located near Muppet*Vision 3D at DHS where Luigi's Casa Della Tires is located now.

Woody, Buzz, and Jessie appeared. Occasionally, Bullseye would also make an appearance.

Also, the Phineas and Ferb play spot will not be replacing Luigi's Casa Della Tires. It will be near it.

I know I have heard this before........
Oh that is right :ROFLOL:

GOT2SAMMIES

I found them! These are from October 2003.
232323232%7Ffp53494%3Enu%3D3239%3E235%3E446%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A2%3B662%3C8325nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp5338%3A%3Enu%3D3239%3E235%3E446%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A2%3B662%3C%3B325nu0mrj

And this was across the way also
232323232%7Ffp53486%3Enu%3D3239%3E235%3E446%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A2%3B662%3C%3A325nu0mrj

That little boy is almost as tall as me now:eek:. At least he loves WDW as much as me!

I think it's a great idea. Sometimes I feel like they missed out on some great oppurtunities. Although I like Pizza Planet it looks nothing like the pizza planet in the movie (which was awesome). I just think it would be cool to incorporate more from the movies into stores, restauraunts, etc.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Yes I remember that spot and I remember the rubber stamp signatures.

I'm not a lover or a hater of all things pixar, but all 3 Toy Story movies
are true classics in the vein of any true "Disney" cartoon\movie that's been recreated either in a land or ride.
I don't think there would be any harm in building some part of the TS world in the form of Al's Toy Barn or any other shape.

Most of us love when those movie or cartoon world's come to life
and you can immerse yourself in them..That's obviously the whole idea behind WDW..
I know it's always a raging debate..:zipit: but..If anything Pixar should be truly welcome as part of the entire Disney Family it would be Toy Story.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Yes I remember that spot and I remember the rubber stamp signatures.

I'm not a lover or a hater of all things pixar, but all 3 Toy Story movies
are true classics in the vein of any true "Disney" cartoon\movie that's been recreated either in a land or ride.
I don't think there would be any harm in building some part of the TS world in the form of Al's Toy Barn or any other shape.

Most of us love when those movie or cartoon world's come to life
and you can immerse yourself in them..That's obviously the whole idea behind WDW..
I know it's always a raging debate..:zipit: but..If anything Pixar should be truly welcome as part of the entire Disney Family it would be Toy Story.

That's what I'm screaming. While it may mean another entry from Toy Story in the parks, its more valuable than a non-descript, unrelated toy entity. You may pass up Once Upon a Toy, but people would at least go take a look at Al's Toy Barn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom