Alright, I need your guys' help.

Kramerica

Original Poster
First off, good to be back. Haven't been on in a long long while.

Anyways,I've been on an absolute relentless search for a song that's been stuck in my head since the last cruise on the Dream. This was months and months ago, so I'm about to lose my mind. I've tried everything. googling the lyrics (Although I don't really know them, so that's sort of a fruitless effort) Using music recognition apps that use humming, but to no avail. Emailed Disney cruise line asking them if they could supply me with a list of the songs they play on board. No dice. Heck, I've even made a pandora station with a song that had a similar sound, hoping one day the one I want would show up. Nothing..

All I cam say is that I know they play it on the Disney Dream. And they play it in the "District" adult night club area. The hallways and Skyline lounge and such. And I can tell you it's not Quando by Michael Buble. For some reason I can remember the words to that one even though I have no desire to ever hear it again.

That's it. That's all I can really supply. Maybe some other people have remembered some songs they've heard on board and can help me? I mean. Anything really. I'm desperate here.

MaryJaneP

Fantasy/Magic fan here but maybe some of these ideas will help. Slow vs Fast? English vs other language? Genre? Male singer vs Female singer? Main Instrument? Orchestral? Synth?

Worse comes to worse, you may just have to cruise the Dream again to hear it and/or identify it and/or record it. Oh darn.

wdwstateofmind

They play a lot of Harry Connick Jr. and Sinatra in that area (believe me, the wife goes crazy for blue eyes). If it reminded you of that terrible Bubble, try Harry. Young Sinatra, or any Sinatra, is unmistakeable if you ask me and I think you'd notice most of his songs. Unfortunately, I couldn't pinpoint a specific song but maybe it helps you. If not Harry has a few good songs anyways.

fltink

They play a lot of Harry Connick Jr. and Sinatra in that area (believe me, the wife goes crazy for blue eyes). If it reminded you of that terrible Bubble, try Harry. Young Sinatra, or any Sinatra, is unmistakeable if you ask me and I think you'd notice most of his songs. Unfortunately, I couldn't pinpoint a specific song but maybe it helps you. If not Harry has a few good songs anyways.

Ooooo..... good thinking! Harry has a similar vibe to Michael Buble!

Kramerica

Original Poster
If I remember correctly, it sounded as if it was a duet. One guy, one gal. Slow song, no real instruments that I could hear. It's a moderately popular song as I've heard it plenty in the past, and if I could guess I'd say it was from the 90s or early millennium.

No luck with Harry, but I did enjoy listening to some of his stuff while searching! So thanks for that!

fltink

Shot in the dark, but any chance it was "Cruisin'" by Gwenyth Paltrow and Huey Lewis? I know I've heard that played on the ship and it's a slowish duet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom