Already booked but now there's this discount... should I call?

Maerj

When I booked last summer, they told me that any discounts that show up between then and now, we can get if we call and say something about it. I just saw that this one is up:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magic-incentive-package/?CMP=SAC-FY16_WDW_TRA_DOM_Resorts_Q2Q3RO-UPP-30-Day-Visit_|FB|4161300.RR.AM.01.09

Do you guys think that I should call now to try to get this offer or wait for something else to come along? We are going in May and staying at Pop, so it would be a 20% hotel discount and one free day, we have a 7 day booked.

NYwdwfan

When I booked last summer, they told me that any discounts that show up between then and now, we can get if we call and say something about it. I just saw that this one is up:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magic-incentive-package/?CMP=SAC-FY16_WDW_TRA_DOM_Resorts_Q2Q3RO-UPP-30-Day-Visit_|FB|4161300.RR.AM.01.09

Do you guys think that I should call now to try to get this offer or wait for something else to come along? We are going in May and staying at Pop, so it would be a 20% hotel discount and one free day, we have a 7 day booked.

There are a limited number of rooms for each promotion so I would call ASAP and have them price it and then if a better discount comes along, call again. There's no limit to how many times you can call but if you wait you do run the risk of them running out of available rooms for the promo.

Upvote 0

Maerj

Original Poster
There are a limited number of rooms for each promotion so I would call ASAP and have them price it and then if a better discount comes along, call again. There's no limit to how many times you can call but if you wait you do run the risk of them running out of available rooms for the promo.

Ah, okay, thank you!

Upvote 0

Maerj

Original Poster
Ugh. Just looked and it doesn't seem to apply to the Pop Century Resort. They usually get a 30% off deal, hopefully that'll come along at some point.

Upvote 0

ekutchey

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Call. And Call again if it drops again. Two years ago I booked WL at about $350 a night. It dropped several times and by the time I stayed there the rate I had was down to about $280 a night. If you are outside of the cancellation penalty period, there is nothing stopping you from canceling and re-booking in the event the CM doesn't want to lower your rate.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have gotten the Spring discount for a few people at Pop Century thus far, so I am not sure why you think it wouldn't apply to your reservation unless your dates aren't included in the promotion. Call. Speak with the Reservations area. If it can be applied they will. As others have said these discounts are limited and should be applied as soon as possible. If another discount comes out that is better for you, you can always call back and look to apply it. If not, you still have this cost savings. Marie

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

On a side note. The current packages will be based on current prices. If you booked a package last summer before the price increases you may be better off keeping your reservations as is.

I ran into this 2 or 3 trips ago. I called to apply a package with room discount but since room, ticket, and dining prices all went up, it would have cost me an extra $40 to have the package applied.....

Upvote 0

Maerj

Original Poster
On a side note. The current packages will be based on current prices. If you booked a package last summer before the price increases you may be better off keeping your reservations as is.

I ran into this 2 or 3 trips ago. I called to apply a package with room discount but since room, ticket, and dining prices all went up, it would have cost me an extra $40 to have the package applied.....

Oh, okay :(

Upvote 0

parkhopper1213

What harm would it be to ask. The best thing that would happen is you get the discount. The worst is that you will pay what you originally thought. We've gotten discounts after booking so I know it can be done.

Upvote 0

jackson2005

I called last year for a room discount and the room we had was not in the offer. CM told me to keep checking, took about 3 weeks and our rooms opened up to the discount so we did get it! I did call every week.

Upvote 0

Maerj

Original Poster
So what happened? Were you able to get the discount offer? Marie

Sorry it took me a while. I just called and got around $300 off! I qualified for the Spring discount of 25% off hotel and one free park day. I also got my parents a $230 discount. Woohoo!

I was actually considering cancelling our trip due to cost and the amount of closed attractions in May. Not the best time to take someone for their first time. But after getting 2 feet of snow, I am more than ready to go to Florida. Also, thanks for the help here, everyone! :D

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sorry it took me a while. I just called and got around $300 off! I qualified for the Spring discount of 25% off hotel and one free park day. I also got my parents a $230 discount. Woohoo!

I was actually considering cancelling our trip due to cost and the amount of closed attractions in May. Not the best time to take someone for their first time. But after getting 2 feet of snow, I am more than ready to go to Florida. Also, thanks for the help here, everyone! :D
Tell me about it I can't wait for summer!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I got around 2 feet as well and I know the KK home office in NJ got somewhere between 18 and 20 inches as well, This is crazy!!!! I am so looking forward to my spring trip as well. Glad to hear that you were able to get a great discount applied to your trip!!! Have a great time!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom