Almost Full Occupancy For The Rest Of 2021

nickys

Premium Member
Well, we've decided to stop looking now, and focus on 2022. We might attempt an early July trip, but we might have to condition ourselves for that by sitting in a sauna for 10 hours with a UV lamp shining directly on us. :D
I think you’d need to be pacing around the sauna to get the full effect of Florida in July. Did it once, never again. We got as much done in 10 days in February as we did in 3 weeks in July.

GrumpyDude

I would definitely say that much is due to the 50th anniversary, but the first week of November can fill due to the NJ Teacher's Convention, being held Nov 4-5, 2021, AKA Jersey Week. Many NJ families, since the kids don't have school on those 2 days and sometimes more than that, will take the time, including the weekend, to take a WDW vacation.
It is also the Wine and Dine races all weekend.

Disney Glimpses

What Disney shows as 'available' has nothing to do with actual occupancy or booking rates. This is true for hotels, dining reservations, events, etc. The public doesn't have full access to all inventory; they release it either based on demand, marketing reasons and/or staffing levels.

The Disney Resorts are not sold out; they are sold out for the number of people they can handle right now, which is very little compared to 2019.

Even dining availability a month out from now is inaccurate. I know first hand that most of the restaurants that show no availability in reality have widespread availability. They are dealing with a hiring crisis.

Disney Glimpses

I mean, the prices are freaking ridiculous, but I just checked again, multiple dates in October, November, and December, and every single random dates that I selected have all sorts of available rooms.
They're not discounting the rooms because they are able to sell out of the inventory they can handle. If they were fully staffed, we'd see massive discounts.

mattpeto

What Disney shows as 'available' has nothing to do with actual occupancy or booking rates. This is true for hotels, dining reservations, events, etc. The public doesn't have full access to all inventory; they release it either based on demand, marketing reasons and/or staffing levels.

The Disney Resorts are not sold out; they are sold out for the number of people they can handle right now, which is very little compared to 2019.

Even dining availability a month out from now is inaccurate. I know first hand that most of the restaurants that show no availability in reality have widespread availability. They are dealing with a hiring crisis.
Yup, perfectly stated.

This is why there isn't discounts this Fall/Winter except for one week in December.

EPCOT-O.G.

I mean, the prices are freaking ridiculous, but I just checked again, multiple dates in October, November, and December, and every single random dates that I selected have all sorts of available rooms.
It depends on how you’re looking. I had trouble getting a one night reservation and had to call to change an upcoming reservation. I asked why it was that there were no single nights available (trying to do a split stay) and the CM advised they are not allowing one-night reservations at any property. Basically, I think it's by design you can't find certain reservations (particularly shorter stays). For example, searching for a 3-4 day stay gives you far more options at just about every resort vs. trying a 2 day stay for within the same date range.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom