[Almost] Final Thoughts on my Upcoming Trip!

kimberlymautz

Hello beautiful people of WDWMagic. :D
I've posted on here several times about my upcoming trip and I want some (not quite) last minute thoughts from you guys!

Here's the background on the trip:
I will be traveling to WDW from Sunday, December 2nd - Saturday, December 8th with my wonderful boyfriend, Angel. We will be staying at Pop Century thanks to our friend, Nick. We (and I mean I) have been planning this trip only since September. Yep, we're a little crazy, but with Nick working for Disney and my friend Jackie on the college program it was perfect timing to visit.

I've already established that the weather in Florida during December can be unpredictable, but it seems as though most people say how they were cold during their December visit. I've decided to pack two pairs of shorts, three pairs of jeans, yoga pants, at least two hoodies, long sleeve shirts, tank tops, gloves, etc. Basically, I want to be prepared for anything.

Oh, and as most of you know, December 6th is a big day at Disney. It's the Grand Opening of both FantasyLand and Epcot.

Here is the schedule we've chosen so far, let me know what you guys think, but keep in mind that boyfriend isn't as excited for the trip as I am. He wanted a "relaxing" vacation, while I wanted Disney. I obviously won. Hahahahaha. I did promise him some down time, during which we'll go to DTD or visit some resorts. (He just doesn't know that that's what I consider down time....)

I also want to add that boyfriend has never been to Disney and that I haven't been in a while. I want to be able to wander through and take my time so I enjoy myself.

SUNDAY:
Fly from Philadelphia to Newark, and then from Newark to Orlando. It's estimated that our flight will land at 6:20pm. We are hoping we will make it to Pop by 7:30pm so we can head over to the GF or Poly (where ever Nick is working that day) to meet him for dinner.

MONDAY:
Magic Kingdom. With EMH the park will be open from 9am-11pm.

TUESDAY:
Hollywood Studios. The park is open from 9am-8pm.

WEDNESDAY:
Possible visit to Islands of Adventure, but otherwise this will be our "take it as it goes" day. Lots of resort wandering, some shopping, this would be boyfriend's relaxing day if we can't get to IOA.

THURSDAY:
Animal Kingdom. The park is open 8am-5pm.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. 7pm-Midnight.

FRIDAY:
Epcot. The park is open 9am-12:30am.

Saturday:
Last minute shopping.
Flying from Orlando to DC, then from DC to Philadelphia. We should land at home around 10:30pm. I'll be really sad this day. Hahahahaha.

What do ya'll think?

javy2004

If you're a Potter fan at all, go to IoA!! I don't know if you've been there since that area opened, but it's pretty... WOW! It drove me to watch all 8 films after visiting the area (I had avoided all things Potter before that point). It seems like a solid plan. I hear it's pretty slow that time of year and the parks will be in full Christmas swing so you get the best of both worlds :) How exciting to take ur guy on his first time during this time of year and with the expansion and test track grand opening! Should definitely make a believer of him!

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
If you're a Potter fan at all, go to IoA!! I don't know if you've been there since that area opened, but it's pretty... WOW! It drove me to watch all 8 films after visiting the area (I had avoided all things Potter before that point). It seems like a solid plan. I hear it's pretty slow that time of year and the parks will be in full Christmas swing so you get the best of both worlds :) How exciting to take ur guy on his first time during this time of year and with the expansion and test track grand opening! Should definitely make a believer of him!

I actually went to IoA three days after the Harry Potter world opened! It really was amazing, but it took FOUR HOURS just to get into that part of the park, and just as long for most of the rides! Obviously I didn't get to do much while I was there the first time, so I would LOVE to go back.

I was looking into Mears as they have a combo transportation/park ticket but that's for a hopper, which is just about $150 each, but I don't want a hopper, just the one park, so hopefully that'll bring the price down enough we'll be able to go. :)
(Especially since it's only open until 6)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hello beautiful people of WDWMagic. :D
I've posted on here several times about my upcoming trip and I want some (not quite) last minute thoughts from you guys!

Here's the background on the trip:
I will be traveling to WDW from Sunday, December 2nd - Saturday, December 8th with my wonderful boyfriend, Angel. We will be staying at Pop Century thanks to our friend, Nick. We (and I mean I) have been planning this trip only since September. Yep, we're a little crazy, but with Nick working for Disney and my friend Jackie on the college program it was perfect timing to visit.

I've already established that the weather in Florida during December can be unpredictable, but it seems as though most people say how they were cold during their December visit. I've decided to pack two pairs of shorts, three pairs of jeans, yoga pants, at least two hoodies, long sleeve shirts, tank tops, gloves, etc. Basically, I want to be prepared for anything.

Oh, and as most of you know, December 6th is a big day at Disney. It's the Grand Opening of both FantasyLand and Epcot.

Here is the schedule we've chosen so far, let me know what you guys think, but keep in mind that boyfriend isn't as excited for the trip as I am. He wanted a "relaxing" vacation, while I wanted Disney. I obviously won. Hahahahaha. I did promise him some down time, during which we'll go to DTD or visit some resorts. (He just doesn't know that that's what I consider down time....)

I also want to add that boyfriend has never been to Disney and that I haven't been in a while. I want to be able to wander through and take my time so I enjoy myself.

SUNDAY:
Fly from Philadelphia to Newark, and then from Newark to Orlando. It's estimated that our flight will land at 6:20pm. We are hoping we will make it to Pop by 7:30pm so we can head over to the GF or Poly (where ever Nick is working that day) to meet him for dinner.

MONDAY:
Magic Kingdom. With EMH the park will be open from 9am-11pm.

TUESDAY:
Hollywood Studios. The park is open from 9am-8pm.

WEDNESDAY:
Possible visit to Islands of Adventure, but otherwise this will be our "take it as it goes" day. Lots of resort wandering, some shopping, this would be boyfriend's relaxing day if we can't get to IOA.

THURSDAY:
Animal Kingdom. The park is open 8am-5pm.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. 7pm-Midnight.

FRIDAY:
Epcot. The park is open 9am-12:30am.

Saturday:
Last minute shopping.
Flying from Orlando to DC, then from DC to Philadelphia. We should land at home around 10:30pm. I'll be really sad this day. Hahahahaha.

What do ya'll think?

I think it sounds great! I will say though, if you really want down time, skip IOA. I regret going going going this last trip and we were there for 10 days. I wanted some down time and just got swept up in it all. I really wanted to just be able to veg a day so I like the idea of DTD and seeing resorts.

Upvote 0

javy2004

Looking at your schedule again, that looks grueling on the second half of the trip. Maybe it would be a good idea to take it easy on that middle day. I would totally go to IoA still, but its gonna be a lot of walking. I hear a lot of good things about Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem and Universal Cinematic Spectacular, so don't rule out the hopper. Potter should be manageable 10 times plus over from the grand opening period. Given that it does close so early, you can still head to bed early to be rested and ready for your long days approaching at the parks or even hit up a hotel or two (if they're decorated for Christmas nighttime would be the time to see them anyway :p) My non-park day on my trip will consist of resort hopping and hitting up DTD, but I originally wanted to see a different Orlando park. It didn't work out for me. While I understand why people do make time for downtime on vacation, I've sort of grown up vacationing with an "I can rest when I'm dead" attitude. It just sort of depends on what you two think you can handle.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
I think the main reason I want to go to IOA so much is because I don't have ANY idea when we'll be back. We have a 17m old (who is not coming with us this trip), so the next time we're planning on going is when she's much bigger and can get excited about it.
Though I do agree with you guys, the second half of our trip IS a lot. We may possibly switch Tuesdays activities with Thursdays so it's not AS much, though it'll still obviously be a lot.
At this point I think we're just gonna decide what to do Wednesday once we get there. Hahaha. Maybe after the first two days we'll NEED that day to rewind, but maybe we'll be too bored to not do something and will want to get to IOA.

Thanks for your help so far everyone! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom