A Comprehensive Guide the Best Orlando Theme Park Restaurants!

Lilofan

Oh certainly! The funny thing is that one is directly across the street from another publix with less features. I guess thats where the "poors" go
If I recall Publix still doesn’t have self service kiosks and staff bag your groceries and deliver the groceries to your car and load the items in your trunk. That’s a nice touch.

Club Cooloholic

Its definitely more than just missing items. It is the store experience. Wegmans is a whole next level. There is one Publix in Dr. Phillips that is desperately trying to capture that but its not there. Having said that, all the publix stores have different features. They all need the same things. Salad bar, fresh (not shipped in) sushi, soup bar, olive bar, hot food bar, much better subs and bakery selection. Every single Wegmans has those things.
Eh, Wegman bakery is ridiculously priced. I think if used to be a bit better a few years ago on the whole. I much prefer the butchers and fish mongers at Whole Foods.

bhg469

If I recall Publix still doesn’t have self service kiosks and staff bag your groceries and deliver the groceries to your car and load the items in your trunk. That’s a nice touch.
Our Publix has self checkout. Most still do not.

bhg469

Eh, Wegman bakery is ridiculously priced. I think if used to be a bit better a few years ago on the whole. I much prefer the butchers and fish mongers at Whole Foods.
That really depends on the location. Where I am from Wegmans was the only store, there were some that had higher end cuts of meat and fish. They all had great options but some had a bigger kosher section of there was a larger Jewish population in the are for example.

UNCgolf

Appreciate that but we have barely scratched the surface here! We definitely like to try new places but work, trying to stay healthy and money all get in the way. My biggest concerns when we move here were

1. A decent grocery store
2. Chicken wings as good as home

Well #1 has not been answered but we manage between Publix, trader joe's, whole foods, and fresh market. Nothing and I mean NOTHING comes close to Wegmans. (pub subs are mid tier and I won't take it back)
#2 was hard but there are at least two places to get a decent buffalo wing down here.

The Fresh Market used to be a phenomenal gourmet market (I grew up where it originated) -- it wasn't a place you'd go for general groceries -- but now that they've expanded all throughout the southeast (if not more) it's no longer the same place or the same quality. I'm concerned that will happen to Wegman's too.

Lilofan

That really depends on the location. Where I am from Wegmans was the only store, there were some that had higher end cuts of meat and fish. They all had great options but some had a bigger kosher section of there was a larger Jewish population in the are for example.
I was in the Northeast a few months ago and visited Wegmans. Incredible store but the food bars were all closed up.

Raxel7851

I’m going way back in my memory bank when I recall the original Downtown Disney shopping area had a small upscale food store with fresh meats, fruits and vegetables.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom