All value resorts booked up!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
All of the value resorts, or any resort in my budget for that matter, seem to not be available for October the 6th through the 10th? Is this really a busy time now? Yet I was able to book a 7 day stay 2 weeks ahead of time for Pop Century at the end of last July... This just doesn't add up to me!

Rob562

All of the value resorts, or any resort in my budget for that matter, seem to not be available for October the 6th through the 10th? Is this really a busy time now? Yet I was able to book a 7 day stay 2 weeks ahead of time for Pop Century at the end of last July... This just doesn't add up to me!

October 9th is Columbus Day, so many school districts have a long weekend. That's also Food & Wine Festival at Epcot, which brings people to WDW. I'm also not sure if those dates were within the Free Dining time period this year.

Lastly, are you trying to book a discount rate or full-price? If you're trying to get a discount, all rooms at that discount may be sold out for those dates.

You may be out of luck. You could see if any of the DVC rental companies have any last-minute special offers. You'd probably end up with Saratoga, but it's worth a shot.

-Rob

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
October 9th is Columbus Day, so many school districts have a long weekend. That's also Food & Wine Festival at Epcot, which brings people to WDW. I'm also not sure if those dates were within the Free Dining time period this year.

Lastly, are you trying to book a discount rate or full-price? If you're trying to get a discount, all rooms at that discount may be sold out for those dates.

You may be out of luck. You could see if any of the DVC rental companies have any last-minute special offers. You'd probably end up with Saratoga, but it's worth a shot.

-Rob
I was just looking through the normal magic your way packages!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
They are very busy and booked for the REST of the year, really crazy
Sooooooooo..... Is a trip to Disney... worth it? Like... Is it NORMAL heavy crowds or INSANELY heavy crowds? Not during the halloween parties/events, but just the parks on normal operation hours themselves..

slappy magoo

Sooooooooo..... Is a trip to Disney... worth it? Like... Is it NORMAL heavy crowds or INSANELY heavy crowds? Not during the halloween parties/events, but just the parks on normal operation hours themselves..
Well weekends will traditionally be busier than weekdays, and holiday weekends more so. I don't know your budget but my theory is for people going to WDW on the Columbus Day holiday, Values will fill up at a disproportionate level because most guests intend to be "park commandos" and hit the parks form dawn to dusk, no need for nice onsite restaurants or pools with slides or any of that because the room is literally a place to crash.

If such a theory is right, the mods and Deluxe resorts might not be so packed. But a: it really is just a hunch and b: I don't know your budget and if those resorts exceed it.

I'd also add that it's not unusual for most WDW resorts to be near or at full capacity 2 weeks out from a check-in day. You might be able to catch a day or two availability here or there but a single room for multiple days is less likely. If the trip is really important, you might want to consider talking to a WDW rep who might be able to find 1 or 2 night accommodations for you in more than 1 resort. No promises. WDW will move your bags from one resort to the other on your checkout day(s).

ohioguy

There are always cancellations within one or two weeks out, as vacationers' plans change, but the window of opportunity to take advantage if fleeting; you have to be on the web site at the right time.

correcaminos

I find October now to be about like summer crowds, if not a bit busier (we go early June which is slower than July). It's not spring break or holiday busy, but it's petty busy. So not insane but normal heavy.

Is it worth it? I like it. As offspring grow pulling out of school is less appealing so we have agreed that going then isn't our best choice. We honeymooned during Oct an spent a few anniversaries there too. So we'll go back, but not worth taking the whole family out of school for it for us now.

At this point getting a room though might be extremely tough onsite. I see a few available when I search those dates, but not a lot open which isn't surprising for that time of year IMO.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Thanks guys! We decided to stay at The Hilton in the Disney Springs area instead.... Financially, it just ended up making the most sense!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom