All things Universal Studios Hollywood

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disneyland has begun to recall about 10,000 furloughed workers, and Universal Studios Hollywood is expected to rehire about 5,000 employees. Disney already recalled about 1,000 employees and Universal Studios Hollywood rehired several hundred workers to staff the food and shopping events they’re launching this month."

"To reduce the risk of virus spread, Universal Studios Hollywood is delaying the opening of Despicable Me: Minions Mayhem and the Simpsons Ride, motion-simulator rides that put parkgoers in side-by-side seats in a theater setting.

The queue for the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride at Universal Studios Hollywood winds through the Hogwarts castle, where visitors can stop to look at moving images that tell part of the attraction’s story. To keep visitors from crowding together, Strobl said, the park will send small groups of people into the ride’s queue every few minutes.

The number of passengers per vehicle will be limited on some attractions, such as Jurassic World: The Ride, which was designed to fit rows of five riders shoulder to shoulder, Strobl said. Other attractions with only two or three adjoining seats can operate as normal if the seats are filled by people from the same household, he said.

In the Universal Studios backlot tour, plexiglass will be installed between the parkgoers and the drivers and ride narrators."

Giss Neric

If both Universal and Disney are opening with only 15% capacity, why would social distancing be an issue? Unless of course those E-Ticket rides that everyone wants to go but if you spread 15% to the whole park, it's not a problem.

180º

I’m not sure if it’s how the land is oriented in relation to the sun, the scenic painting, or the hill that the castle sits on, but Hollywood’s Hogwarts looks so much prettier than Florida’s. The paint’s got to be part of it— I think the Hollywood Hogsmeade looks nicer as well. Sight line issues notwithstanding, of course, since there are some major issues with those.

Californian Elitist

I’m not sure if it’s how the land is oriented in relation to the sun, the scenic painting, or the hill that the castle sits on, but Hollywood’s Hogwarts looks so much prettier than Florida’s. The paint’s got to be part of it— I think the Hollywood Hogsmeade looks nicer as well. Sight line issues notwithstanding, of course, since there are some major issues with those.
The surroundings of the entire park are very pleasing to the eye, no matter which vantage point. USH is nicely situated in a beautiful setting. Catching the sunset from there is always a great experience.

BTW, Happy Belated 106th Birthday to the studio lot.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Lisa and I had a great day at USH. Good Food, fun walking around the park, but Lisa bought a few things.

Walked around CityWalk, interesting to see Comcast/Universal/NBC replace locations that closed down with similar products (retail and dining). Why not a location where your goal is to at least break even and operating on a month to month lease (in theory. Beats a walled up spot, and when things pick up, a new business can quickly take over the space.

I would like to wish SeaWorld a happy 57th Anniversary today! (opened March 21st, 1964.)

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Aw man I want to go to all of these theme parks ASAP but don’t want to pay full price for a diminished experience while they work out the kinks. What to do. What to do
I’ve decided I think I’m going to give it a month or so from opening once I’m fully vaccinated and (some of) the kinks have worked out then just go for it.

Even if it’s subpar it’ll always be a unique snapshot/moment in time to hopefully look back on if/when this is all behind us (and between my other half and I, we plan to take lots of pics for posterity).

Californian Elitist

Just got this email for passholders... They’ve created something called “Bonus Days” for passholders. Here’s a snippet:

0744D57F-1D2F-4E34-A934-C86F3A3D3159.jpeg

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
From an Universal e-mail.

>>We Miss You.

It hasn’t been the same without you and we’re finally ready to roll-out the red carpet to re-open Universal Studios Hollywood beginning on Friday, April 16! After more than a year of closure, Universal Studios Hollywood is ready for its close-up and set to call “action” on the all-new The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash and on Jurassic World—The Ride, which features the spectacularly realistic new dinosaur, Indominus rex.

Please be aware that temporarily some of our experiences won’t be quite the same, including a significantly reduced Park capacity to allow us to adhere to current government guidelines. Thank you for understanding so that we can make the safety and well-being of our guests and Team Members a top priority and help keep our Park open for fun!

Tickets go on-sale for online purchase on April 8. At this time, theme park visits are limited to California residents.<<

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom