All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Phroobar

sheraton-universal-studios-hollywood-hotel-los-angeles-california-185.jpg

The Grand Inquisitor

I sure hope just paused. I’m not crazy about the park layout, but I really do want to see HTTYD’s Island of Berk and an expanded Nintendo Land.
I agree I hope we will see them either at the new park or at the preexisting parks. I can see Nintendo taking over kidszone and Berk taking over Lost Continent.

Nirya

I just want to see a classic Universal Monsters ride.

The Frankenstein vs Wolf Man maze from this last HHN was easily the best maze of the event and it really made me want Universal to actually take advantage of their monster catalogue year-round.

(Though on the flip side thank god their Dark Universe idea died the horrible death it deserved).

Nirya

I....really disliked the Ghostbusters maze?

I can't really explain why. It might have just been a rough time to enter, especially as it was our first maze and we spent an hour waiting in the standby line (we went and bought the FrightPass midnight upgrade right after), and it might have been built up in my head from all the praise I'd read for it, but it was just....really lackluster. I don't think the boo-box style scares that Universal overuses works for that setting, which left the whole thing feeling pretty empty.

Though maybe the biggest problem was we had done Knotts two days prior, and Ghostbusters just struggled in comparison to everything Knotts was doing with their mazes. Frankenstein vs Werewolf and maybe the Us maze (or Killer Klowns if I'm feeling generous) were the only ones I feel could have realistically hung with the Knotts lineup.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
An interesting video was just posted right now on YouTube , perhaps Universal Hollywood could soon reopen their doors?

I was wondering that when I saw the universal site a few days ago! AND sea world San Diego has dates starting Aug 28... we as a public don’t know anything, but has Newsom been working with the parks on a modified opening? Idk.. another thought is more so they are hoping and prepping for this, but weren’t given guidance yet, because Disneyland cancelled hotel reservations through Sept 6 and Knotts still has their event running through the month of September. Idk! Any cast members want to verify this? Haha

Phroobar

So what attractions are they actually building?
The only ride in the land will be Mario Kart. That is in the big soundstage next to it. The land will consist of Princess Peach's castle that you enter the land from and Bowser's castle which is the entrance to Mario Kart. Those buildings hold queue and shops and maybe food. It's a very small land. I think the ride is twice as big as the "land" area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom