All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Rich T

Go to Disneyland then, or Knott’s Spooky Farm (weekends during the day) for that type of Halloween, it still exists, HHN isn’t for everyone.
In the interest of saving money, I'll just continue my annual tradition of buying a bunch of candy and then eating it myself while watching Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein. And yelling, "SCRAM!" at the front door if anyone knocks.

Phroobar

Sigh. I remember when Halloween wasn't about slashers, chainsaws and R-rated films. I remember when It was about skeletons and green-faced witches and sheet-ghosts and Tootsie Pops and cheap Ben Cooper masks and Charlie Brown getting nothing but rocks. I remember a more innocent Halloween. I remember because I'm oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold.
There is a Ghostbusters maze and a Frankenstein meets the Wolfman maze at Universal. ;)

planodisney

Mario Kart
IMG_0366-696x464.jpg
That’s a pretty big show building. So is this Nintendoland actually just a Mario Kart ride or is there a larger plot not in this photo?

Phroobar

That’s a pretty big show building. So is this Nintendoland actually just a Mario Kart ride or is there a larger plot not in this photo?
Hollywood only gets Mario Kart. There is another plot in front that I hear is food and shops for the ride. The queue for Mario Kart is upstairs in the main building.

IMG_0369-696x464.jpg

Phroobar

There is a complete sound stage between Mario Kart and Transformers that they use for the Stranger Things maze. I wonder if it will become another ride? It use to be where Backdraft was done.

planodisney

That sucks. It was originally rumored to be Donkey Kong as well. So no Nintendoland, just a new ride. They are increasing their ride count with this and Pets which is much needed for this park.
You have to think USH management is pretty let down by the choice of Pets as the IP for that ride. I don’t think we will be seeing clones of that elsewhere. I’ve heard the new Universal Epic park Yoshi ride will feature the same tech.

Last edited:

Phroobar

That sucks. It was originally rumored to be Donkey Kong as well. So no Nintendoland, just a new ride. They are increasing their ride count with this and Pets which is much needed for this park.
You have to think USH management is pretty let down by the choice of Pets as the IP for that ride. I don’t think we will be seeing clones of that elsewhere. I’ve heard the new Universal Epic park Yoshi ride will feature the same tech.
From what I hear the Pets ride uses the same ride vehicle as the Super Mario Yoshi ride where you are kind of "riding" the character. It's possible that Donkey Kong could go in the Backdraft soundstage or even the Mummy coaster building. However I thought the Mummy was going to be another Potter ride.

Professortango1

From what I hear the Pets ride uses the same ride vehicle as the Super Mario Yoshi ride where you are kind of "riding" the character. It's possible that Donkey Kong could go in the Backdraft soundstage or even the Mummy coaster building. However I thought the Mummy was going to be another Potter ride.

I think Donkey Kong uses outdoor segments and USH can't have an outdoor coaster on the lower lot because the noise would constantly interfere with filming.

Rich T

...There really needs to be a Ghostbusters ride.
Sally Corp. kind of beat them to the punch by opening their Ghost Blasters rides in parks all over the U.S. So, now that everyone has ridden a dark ride where you shoot at ghosts to "purge" the grounds, a Ghostbusters ride should be non-interactive, which I think would be great. I also think it should be an original story set just after the first film. Set it in one big location the team has arrived at and let the ride designers go wild with surprises, new monsters and family-friendly jump scares.

Rich T

New news/rumor about Nintendo Land in Japan: Guests will wear magnetic electronic bracelets that interact with setpieces and characters all over the land, as well as the Mariokart and Yoshi rides. You get points for every interaction, and then you can transfer those points to games you're playing at home on the Switch (and/or the next Nintendo console) for bonus items (or something).

Yeah, it's gimmicky, but I think it's also a clever optional way to make the land feel like a living game. I wonder if we'll get any kind of scaled down version of this for Hollywood (Epic Universe will get it all and more, I'm sure).

Phroobar

New news/rumor about Nintendo Land in Japan: Guests will wear magnetic electronic bracelets that interact with setpieces and characters all over the land, as well as the Mariokart and Yoshi rides. You get points for every interaction, and then you can transfer those points to games you're playing at home on the Switch (and/or the next Nintendo console) for bonus items (or something).

Yeah, it's gimmicky, but I think it's also a clever optional way to make the land feel like a living game. I wonder if we'll get any kind of scaled down version of this for Hollywood (Epic Universe will get it all and more, I'm sure).
Over at Star Wars land, we can translate boxes. Oooo.

BubbaQuest

... and then you can transfer those points to games you're playing at home on the Switch (and/or the next Nintendo console) for bonus items (or something).

Definitely gimmicky, but I also thought the same way about Amiibo. Until I started buying them :). Could be really cool to ride Mario Kart at Uni, come home and tap your wristband to your Switch to open up new stuff. Total fanboy speculation here, but imagine if you could import your ghost times from the ride into the game and then drive next to your ghost at home (and vice versa).

The Grand Inquisitor

Basically what Disney promised for Galaxy's Edge but failed to deliver. But don't forget we can translate Aurebush( who really cares).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom