All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Suspirian

I hope Universal gets away from the lazy scare maze they done recently. Basically you walk into a highly detailed room where there might be a monster. Then you walk into a black room where the monster pops up with loud noise and strobe lights. Then your in another room with nothing really happening then back into the black room for another jump scare. The ending is always multiple black jump scare rooms.

On the other hand, Knotts fully realizes all the rooms and populates them with multiple monsters. There are no loud noises and blinding flashes for the monsters. They typically just wonder by and make sounds near you.

Magic Mountain relies on teenages screaming at you in cheap and poorly themed environments.

I hope so as well. They’ve started to fall into a pattern. I went to scary farm for the first time two years ago after going to HHN for maybe 6 (?) years and loved it just because they went out of their way to diversify the scares and didnt have big empty black rooms. With Terror Tram leaving im hoping they get a little extra budget to put towards the mazes so that wont be a problem this time around.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Last year the Stranger Things maze was in a soundstage. It was huge and well done. It still had the lazy black boxes but not as many as others did. This year Stranger Things is going to focus on Season 2 and 3. Could we be getting a fully realized mall? As long as I can play Dig Dug in line I'm good.

Disney Analyst

Last year the Stranger Things maze was in a soundstage. It was huge and well done. It still had the lazy black boxes but not as many as others did. This year Stranger Things is going to focus on Season 2 and 3. Could we be getting a fully realized mall? As long as I can play Dig Dug in line I'm good.

I don’t get why USH is addicted to those black box scare holes? They are so bad.

socalifornian

The studio tour is fun- but I struggle to see how separating out one of the park's most popular attractions from the main ticket price would be at all a good move, or why anyone would pay $50 to ride just that ride.

Imagine a family of 4 having to pay $200 to go on the studio tour.
For $19 more you could do the WB tour and walk around some of the lot. The trams are also much smaller for a more personal experience

SuddenStorm

For $19 more you could do the WB tour and walk around some of the lot. The trams are also much smaller for a more personal experience

The Warner Lot is an amazing experience. I've never done one of their guided tram ones, but have had private tours with friends who work on the lot- and the sets and history found on the lot are amazing, as well as the exhibits they have set up for the tourists. Also, their employee cafeteria is spectacular- but I don't think they let the paid tours eat there.

When I went they were setting up a soundstage for Dunkirk.

They also had a great gift shop.

Phroobar

Killer Klowns from Outer Space maze for this year.

maxresdefault.jpg

TROR

For a park that constantly replaces timeless properties for something more hip and new, why does Universal still have the outdated Grinchmas, based off the Ron Howard picture? That movie wasn’t good when it came out and it’s still not good now. Do they really have nothing better to replace it with or is it an actually really good event?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

For a park that constantly replaces timeless properties for something more hip and new, why does Universal still have the outdated Grinchmas, based off the Ron Howard picture? That movie wasn’t good when it came out and it’s still not good now. Do they really have nothing better to replace it with or is it an actually really good event?
God I did not like that movie at all. It was awful

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

For what it's worth... and take this with a grain of salt... someone I know that does finance for Universal said that the Grinchmas event doesn't even boost attendance... it's just that the marketing department loves it.

Really, though, their holiday campaign should really focus around Harry Potter now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom