All things Universal Studios Hollywood

socalifornian

Jurassic Whatever is a very ugly movie. Aesthetically, I'm sure this resembles the movie. It was bright with washed out colors. The overall look of the movie was blue and gray. The more colorful photography and production design of the original movie was reflected in the JP Ride. Bright yellow boats would have looked right at home with the red and green cars.
The 90s look has made a comeback recently 🤔 have a pair of Vans that has all the explorer colors

D.Silentu

Fallen Kingdom makes Jurassic World look like a masterpiece.
Actually, I think that Fallen Kingdom is a milestone for the series. After Jurassic Park, every movie has been a B-Movie with an A-Movie budget. Fallen Kingdom lets go of the pretense and in the pre-credit sequence lets the audience know what kind of movie they're in for. Armed with that, I found plenty to enjoy having recalibrated my expectations. Neither 'World' movie is great, but I am at very least thankful that they provided Universal with the motivation to redo the ailing ride.

Phroobar

New Mai Tai bamboo cup at USH. Only $19.

ry8oZi3.jpg

MouseMelly

Going to be “that girl” and ask if any insiders know of an opening date. We purchased tickets and I’m getting nervous, lol!

George Lucas on a Bench

I don't know what's worse. Theme parks charging 20+ usd for cups or people shelling out for it. Even if I had such laughably disposable income, I would know I was obviously being ripped off and getting something that doesn't even look good.

Professortango1

Seems like Universal is really fumbling this roll out for their new ride. They've been advertising "Summer" and here we are almost halfway through the summer season and there's still no opening date. I've seen quite a few angry folks who bought tickets to Universal and were dismayed that the ride they saw advertised wasn't open yet. True, they should have checked on such beforehand, but Universal hasn't been very communicative either. I wonder if there are big issues happening behind the scenes delaying the opening.

Rich T

Seems like Universal is really fumbling this roll out for their new ride. They've been advertising "Summer" and here we are almost halfway through the summer season and there's still no opening date. I've seen quite a few angry folks who bought tickets to Universal and were dismayed that the ride they saw advertised wasn't open yet. True, they should have checked on such beforehand, but Universal hasn't been very communicative either. I wonder if there are big issues happening behind the scenes delaying the opening.
Here in N. CA, we're seeing ads for the new ride several times a night. An opening date would be nice, Universal. At least the ad is entertaining...up until the terrible "acting" of the "scared" riders at the end. :D

Rich T

Universal should open an up-charge sign-the-waiver-first thrill attraction where an animatronic T-Rex clamps his mouth onto your torso, lifts you into the air, and swallows you. You go head-first down a dark slide and wind up outside again in a pile of plush dung next to a ringing cel phone.

Phroobar

Universal should open an up-charge sign-the-waiver-first thrill attraction where an animatronic T-Rex clamps his mouth onto your torso, lifts you into the air, and swallows you. You go head-first down a dark slide and wind up outside again in a pile of plush dung next to a ringing cel phone.
You are an imaginative person. Definitely overqualified to be an Imagineer.

Disney Analyst

Isn't summer anytime after June 21 until September 21 or so? They seem to have plenty of time...

Professortango1

Isn't summer anytime after June 21 until September 21 or so? They seem to have plenty of time...

That's Summer as in the technical season. Summer for a theme park is generally the summer season, aka, when kids are out of school and family vacations are occurring. Kids leave school in late May and return late July/early August. This means Universal only has about 30 more days or so of summer before crowds switch to fall traffic.

Disney Analyst

That's Summer as in the technical season. Summer for a theme park is generally the summer season, aka, when kids are out of school and family vacations are occurring. Kids leave school in late May and return late July/early August. This means Universal only has about 30 more days or so of summer before crowds switch to fall traffic.

Ahh... maybe they go by Canadian summer? 😂 kids just got out of school today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom