All things Universal Studios Hollywood

BubbaisSleep

If they clone Diagon, I would hope they add an actual coaster portion to Gringotts. Especially if we’re supposed to lose Mummy. It would easily turn Gringotts into one of the best rides in the country. It’s still great ride today, but I don’t think it would be as popular if it wasn’t placed inside a land that was perfection. The ending also feels very sudden.

Phroobar

I really like that list. I hope they turn the Simpsons into some kind of ride based on the Universal Classic Monsters. Imagine entering Frankenstein's castle and being directed by the good Doctor to a ride vehicle for a "tour". Springfield could look like some German town. They might need more space if they go with the Epic Universe version.

iu

D.Silentu

I’m all for retiring the Simpsons, but it’s such a shame that the show building’s position on the hill doesn’t give it a lot of wiggle room in terms of the sort of rides that could take its place. I hope they get creative, because that ride system’s time has come and gone.

J4546

Make it look like a castle for some kind of Dracula castle/ monsters land attraction and really capitalize off HHH being so successfull

Rich T

Hagrid is awesome but there's no way they can just port over the Florida plans. They would have to do a whole other ride-and that didn't work out super well for them the last time they did that (Mummy).
What if they give the ride a new plot in which Hagrid has recruited students to help him round up the escaped skrewts—as in the original version—but here they‘ve escaped out into the muggle world, allowing for a new layout that can interact with and twist around anything else on property. Arthur has installed cloaking devices on the bikes…that immediately malfunction, allowing the coaster vehicles to be seen by one and all out in the park.

OR base this version on the Deatheater chase from the beginning of Deathly Hallows Part One, which also takes place in the muggle world.

Last edited:

Rich T

I’m excited about all the lands rumored for Epic Universe, but the one I personally really can’t wait to see is The Island of Berk, because How to Train Your Dragon (just the first one) is one of my favorite films—live or animated—of all time. I’ve wanted to see a theme park land based on that Viking Village since Day One, and the indoor one in Dubai is much too small in scope. The rumored flight sim with a giant screen curving underneath riders sounds potentially wonderful.

Rich T

…Despite Warner Bros.' efforts, people don't care about Fantastic Beasts…
Fantastic Beasts is the Star Wars prequel trilogy of the Potterverse, only even *more* concerned with political backstories no one cares about. Such a shame; Newt, Tina, Jacob and Queenie are wonderful. If the FB films had just stayed focused on them and Newt’s creature collection, WB would have a winning follow-up film series in progress.

Last edited:

truecoat

I’m all for retiring the Simpsons, but it’s such a shame that the show building’s position on the hill doesn’t give it a lot of wiggle room in terms of the sort of rides that could take its place. I hope they get creative, because that ride system’s time has come and gone.

I did see some info on the Simpsons closing in 2024 and I think it was referring to the west coast.

PiratesMansion

I did see some info on the Simpsons closing in 2024 and I think it was referring to the west coast.
Good. I love the script and the idea of it, but it just never quite all worked together in the way it should have.

Or maybe it's the fact that the fluidity of motion has never been as smooth as, say, Star Tours 2.0.

Or maybe the 3D animation of the film has just gotten to bother me more and more.

For whatever reason, the more I've ridden it, the more it's grated on me.

Coming soon: Race across LA with James Corden! Let's get loud!

tcool123

Hopefully it is West Coast! East Coast will be shutting off most of Kidzone (ET, Pet Show and Spongebob Store spared from closures) next January after the busy holiday season, and I imagine they'd want to keep as many family friendly attractions open until whatever replaces all that area opens up.

Phroobar

Good. I love the script and the idea of it, but it just never quite all worked together in the way it should have.

Or maybe it's the fact that the fluidity of motion has never been as smooth as, say, Star Tours 2.0.

Or maybe the 3D animation of the film has just gotten to bother me more and more.

For whatever reason, the more I've ridden it, the more it's grated on me.

Coming soon: Race across LA with James Corden! Let's get loud!
The animation is pretty awful. It's like when Homer got sucked into a black hole and ended up in our 3D world.

PiratesMansion

Welp, it's official. I'm glad I got a chance to see the Special Effects Show one last time this past summer.

Last edited:

Ryan120420

Welp, it's official. I'm glad I got a chance to see the Special Effects Show one last time this past summer.

Have to make room for family.
Fast And Furious Family GIF by The Fast Saga

mickEblu

I’m sure the coaster will be fun but wish these two shows were going away for something like an entire well themed land + ride(s) on the upper lot and not a Magic Mountain level “themed” coaster. At the very least Animal Actors and Special Effects stage kind of just blend into the area. Also this might sound silly but I like the waiting area outside of Animal Actors. USH doesn’t have a lot of outdoor spaces in shade with greenery. Aka places that feel like a “park.” It’s why I like that side entry into Potter Land from Springfield/ tram tour escalator.

Not to mention Animal Actors and the Special Effects stage are the oldest things on the upper lot. There is officially nothing on the upper lot left now from my childhood.

Edit: The Miami Vice amphitheater is still there.

Phroobar

I miss the Mexican food restaurant that had the patio cover that made it look like it was raining outside. There were two model ships in the pond firing at each other with canon ball explosions in the water.

GimpYancIent

I really like that list. I hope they turn the Simpsons into some kind of ride based on the Universal Classic Monsters. Imagine entering Frankenstein's castle and being directed by the good Doctor to a ride vehicle for a "tour". Springfield could look like some German town. They might need more space if they go with the Epic Universe version.

iu
Wow, looks like a mechanical diagram for an industrial strength torture device.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom