All things Universal Studios Hollywood

George Lucas on a Bench

I mean, I agree that UO is in another league, but at the same time I don't find them comparable. USH is a tiny park with great shopping, tram ride and character meet and greets like Frankenstein and Dracula. UO is significantly larger with much more to do and I would go in expecting something better overall including from HHN. I still don't take issue with USH or their event. The vibe is much cooler than Dizney and it's easier to catch it on a weekday where the lines are short and the park isn't cluttered with Dream Passers.

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 8.22.44 AM.png

Just before USH requires vaccination proof or negative test to enter the park, they reinstated the mask mandate both outdoor and indoor at the park. You're still only required to wear a mask indoors at Citywalk but optional outdoors.

mickEblu

I mean, I agree that UO is in another league, but at the same time I don't find them comparable. USH is a tiny park with great shopping, tram ride and character meet and greets like Frankenstein and Dracula. UO is significantly larger with much more to do and I would go in expecting something better overall including from HHN. I still don't take issue with USH or their event. The vibe is much cooler than Dizney and it's easier to catch it on a weekday where the lines are short and the park isn't cluttered with Dream Passers.

Great shopping?

waltography

I have to agree with this. I think I can count on one hand how many times I walked by something in one of their stores and liked it.
Maybe I'm just an ol' pixie duster, but Disney's merchandise design team makes better stuff than any other park. They're not all hits (their gear can be impressively ugly), but I also can find a lot of stuff I'd be happy to wear outside of the parks if they weren't so expensive.

Californian Elitist

Maybe I'm just an ol' pixie duster, but Disney's merchandise design team makes better stuff than any other park. They're not all hits (their gear can be impressively ugly), but I also can find a lot of stuff I'd be happy to wear outside of the parks if they weren't so expensive.
I agree that Disney makes better park merchandise overall, but their current stuff hasn’t been good either. The last time I bought park merch was during the 60th. I do think Disney consistently makes great Christmas merchandise, but I can rarely justify the price.

Still, certainly better than Universal. I have a 1993 (I think) denim USH jacket that I wear every time I visit the park. I get compliments left and right from people. Universal really needs to step it up, but I do like their Bates merch.

waltography

I agree that Disney makes better park merchandise overall, but their current stuff hasn’t been good either. The last time I bought park merch was during the 60th. I do think Disney consistently makes great Christmas merchandise, but I can rarely justify the price.

Still, certainly better than Universal. I have a 1993 (I think) denim USH jacket that I wear every time I visit the park. I get compliments left and right from people. Universal really needs to step it up, but I do like their Bates merch.
I loved just about everything from their 60th collection; even got a candy tin so I could keep the tin. I agree their latest stuff hasn't been great - it's sad when the most recent things I've bought have been just imports from Tokyo Disney, which seems to have a much better read on good perch.

I have a Disneyland denim jacket that I love! It's been a staple for me for forever now. It's so much nicer than the denim jackets with patterns and stuff at the parks nowadays; it's super simple with an embroidered Mickey on the back and a Disneyland patch in the front. I'd love to see a Universal jacket with the retro USH neon logo embroidered on the back.

Californian Elitist

I loved just about everything from their 60th collection; even got a candy tin so I could keep the tin. I agree their latest stuff hasn't been great - it's sad when the most recent things I've bought have been just imports from Tokyo Disney, which seems to have a much better read on good perch.

I have a Disneyland denim jacket that I love! It's been a staple for me for forever now. It's so much nicer than the denim jackets with patterns and stuff at the parks nowadays; it's super simple with an embroidered Mickey on the back and a Disneyland patch in the front. I'd love to see a Universal jacket with the retro USH neon logo embroidered on the back.
I’d love a vintage denim Disneyland jacket. Let me see if I can find one of those lol.

Here’s my Universal jacket.
I’m never getting rid of it.

86D3BE9D-551D-422C-B80E-E39E10A5B637.jpeg

4CEAE7F0-5801-405D-BAFF-707619B7326E.jpeg

NobodyElse

They have amazing merchandise at Universal.

There's the Bates Motel Stationary to make your friends back home envious

View attachment 588978

Bates Motel Cabin #1 keychains that look exactly like the one in the Psycho III poster

View attachment 588979

Magnets

View attachment 588980

And E.T.

View attachment 588981

Dizney's Merchandise is garbage. I guess you can get a Ghost Host Ball Cap or a Bubble Wand.

Disney came impressively close with merch like this though:
1632598143691.png

George Lucas on a Bench

There's also this Bates Motel towel that I don't use because it's just too charming to get dirty, but I admire every morning when I'm taking a dump

20210925_181119.jpg

These little coasters are great, perfect for shot glasses, although they've slapped Floridian imagery on much of this style of classic merchandise and sold it as Hollywood stuff, which is fairly absurd

20210925_181236.jpg

And this towel I got years ago

20210925_181345.jpg

SuddenStorm

There's also this Bates Motel towel that I don't use because it's just too charming to get dirty, but I admire every morning when I'm taking a dump

View attachment 589171

These little coasters are great, perfect for shot glasses, although they've slapped Floridian imagery on much of this style of classic merchandise and sold it as Hollywood stuff, which is fairly absurd

View attachment 589172

And this towel I got years ago

View attachment 589170

That towel would be a great shower curtain

TP2000

That towel would be a great shower curtain

Agreed. I think they've missed an opportunity in not selling a blood splattered shower curtain.

Honestly, they've already crossed the line of good taste with the blood splattered stuff. Just go ahead and sell the thing the blood splattering was all about, and that's the shower curtain.

PsychoSonnet7.jpg

TP2000

I’d love a vintage denim Disneyland jacket. Let me see if I can find one of those lol.

Here’s my Universal jacket.
I’m never getting rid of it.

View attachment 589001

View attachment 589000

I love it.

Somehow that is timeless, and yet totally evocative of the 1990's, and yet still timeless.

Don't ever throw that out. I don't care what trendy decluttering clean-out thing shows up on YouTube in the years ahead, Marie Kondo on Steroids or whatever it may be, don't ever get rid of that jacket. It's fabulous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom