All things Knotts Berry Farm

Tamandua

Any word on whether Knotts is going to require masks again? If they hold the line I'm ready to drop some cash on some Knott's merch.

CaptinEO

Yesterday, we went to Knott's and while we were in the wheelchair area, waiting to get on the train, we saw Tony Baxter and family getting off the train. Wish we could have gotten a picture, but it would have been obvious and seemed rude.
That's so awesome! You did the right thing. I've encountered famous people before and my first reaction is to always ignore them and not approach them. I always figure that's the best thing to do.

cmwade77

Any word on whether Knotts is going to require masks again? If they hold the line I'm ready to drop some cash on some Knott's merch.
They seem to be sticking with no masks, not even recommending them indoors. But I would imagine that if they change anything, they will follow Legoland and Universal in Orlando and recommend, but not require masks indoors for guests. Perhaps require employees to wear them indoors. This really kind of keeps everyone satisfied, those that don't want to wear masks don't have to, but they encourage those on the fence to do so. This also reduces confrontations and makes it where the employees don't need to be mask police.

I don't know for sure of course, but that is my suspicion.

On a separate note, as of Monday reservations will no longer be needed.

Parteecia

Where did you see that? The website says reservations are still required and their calendar shows reservation dates into September.

Also, they may not be policing masks but they are still "required" indoors for the unvaxxed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-145353_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-145353_Chrome.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20210730-150206_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-150206_Chrome.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 76

SoCalDisneyLover

Breaking News:
Dear Valued Guest,

Beginning Monday, August 2, Knott's Berry Farm and Soak City Waterpark reservations will no longer be required to visit the parks. For the most current dates and hours, please visit our operating calendar page. We appreciate your continued patronage, wish you the best of summer, and look forward to seeing you soon!​

PostScott

Went to the park today. Partly what I'm about to say is my fault because I went during one of the busiest times of the year but I haven't seen Knotts this crowded before. Just like the guy said a week ago, they are severely understaffed. Demand is just way too high and staffing is just way too low. The Calico Mine Train was an hour wait because they were only operating two cars and were filling half the car with fast lane people. Ghostrider remained at well over an hour wait the entire day and the Log Ride's line was always stretching behind the exit.

If you're looking to go to Knotts anytime soon, wait. Go in a month before Knotts Scary Farm after Labor day on a weekday. The lines just aren't worth it anymore. Ride ops are the slowest I've ever seen and the park also can't afford to have a high-end coaster be down this for long. Ik it's not Knotts fault and mainly on Gerstlauer but still.

SoCalDisneyLover

Not to mention that the Delta variant is still out of control in this country, and Knott's does not even seem interested in doing what Disneyland did, and impose a mask mandate indoors. I may end up having to waste a lot of my Scary Farm pass, if things don't improve by then.

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 8.21.49 AM.png

Knotts this morning had the Scary Farm entertainment on the show page (its not on there anymore). It did show one show that wasn't in the entertainment lineup announcement yesterday.

Walter Knott Theater will see its first use since reopening hosting Puppet Up once again. The Carnaval Du Grotesque is taking over the Mine Stage so basically confirms the death of "The Hanging"

The "Invitation to Terror" didn't list a location but it did mention that the show will run every 20 minutes so I don't know where in Ghost Town this will be.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

View attachment 577866

Knotts this morning had the Scary Farm entertainment on the show page (its not on there anymore). It did show one show that wasn't in the entertainment lineup announcement yesterday.

Walter Knott Theater will see its first use since reopening hosting Puppet Up once again. The Carnaval Du Grotesque is taking over the Mine Stage so basically confirms the death of "The Hanging"

The "Invitation to Terror" didn't list a location but it did mention that the show will run every 20 minutes so I don't know where in Ghost Town this will be.
Will always be the CHARLES M SCHULZ THEATER.

Emmanuel

They usually have a DJ out by the 4 mazes in the back corner. Wonder if that'll be used for it.
I feel the hanging *might* be dead this year solely for the fact they make fun of the previous year but 2020 was 2020. Nothing to make fun of. It could return another year.

I know in the 2019 Hanging it ended with a projection of a tombstone saying RIP The Hanging even though Knotts didn't really say it was the final year of the show. But considering how that show ended it wouldn't put past me if they were serious on it ending. While I enjoyed most versions of the show in the 10 years i've seen it, it was really a hit and miss every year.

Sharon&Susan

View attachment 577866

Will always be the CHARLES M SCHULZ THEATER.
Wait they changed that theater's name again? Unless if I'm forgetting something then that's it's fourth name in 50 years. What's next, the Boysenberry Theater? The Bud Hurlburt Theater? The Walt Disney Theater?

cmwade77

Went to the park today. Partly what I'm about to say is my fault because I went during one of the busiest times of the year but I haven't seen Knotts this crowded before. Just like the guy said a week ago, they are severely understaffed. Demand is just way too high and staffing is just way too low. The Calico Mine Train was an hour wait because they were only operating two cars and were filling half the car with fast lane people. Ghostrider remained at well over an hour wait the entire day and the Log Ride's line was always stretching behind the exit.

If you're looking to go to Knotts anytime soon, wait. Go in a month before Knotts Scary Farm after Labor day on a weekday. The lines just aren't worth it anymore. Ride ops are the slowest I've ever seen and the park also can't afford to have a high-end coaster be down this for long. Ik it's not Knotts fault and mainly on Gerstlauer but still.
Alternatively, if you are going primarily for the entertainment, go now, there is a ton of entertainment happening. Just try to eat when the lines are lower for food, in our experience before about 12:30 PM and then between 4 and 5:30 PM and after about 8 PM.

cmwade77

Not to mention that the Delta variant is still out of control in this country, and Knott's does not even seem interested in doing what Disneyland did, and impose a mask mandate indoors. I may end up having to waste a lot of my Scary Farm pass, if things don't improve by then.
Knott's and most of the other theme parks are playing it smart and only recommending masks indoors because they don't want to be the mask police and nor should they. They are having a hard enough time getting enough people to work and if they had to be the mask police, even fewer would be willing.

The simple truth is if you don't feel comfortable, don't go or wear a mask, they will still allow you to do so. But don't expect others to do so and plan accordingly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom