All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
The Taste of Knott's events continue with Taste of Fall-O-Ween. $35/ticket so price has gone up which isn't unexpected given every event is selling out.

So this is the Taste of Knotts plus Camp Snoopy trick or treating and guests can dress in costume. Sounds great for families with little kids.
This sounds like a combination of Disney's Food & Wine along with Mickey's Halloween Party. (minus the floats/fireworks). Too bad the unions would rather starve Disneyland.

Stevek

My wife and I went to the event Sunday...of course we picked the hottest day of the year to go 😂

Event was fine though the heat really put a damper on our enthusiasm. We only stayed about 2 hours and it was just too darn hot to try and eat 5 items each in that time period. In addition, we would have been hard pressed to spend a ton of time anyways given the limited amount of things to do i.e. shopping. The food we tried was good to very meh, the boysenberry beer isn't the same as we had at the boysenberry festival a couple of years ago and was very disappointing this time around. Would I do it again, maybe, if there is a Christmas version and the weather is much cooler.

Phroobar

Original Poster
My wife and I went to the event Sunday...of course we picked the hottest day of the year to go 😂

Event was fine though the heat really put a damper on our enthusiasm. We only stayed about 2 hours and it was just too darn hot to try and eat 5 items each in that time period. In addition, we would have been hard pressed to spend a ton of time anyways given the limited amount of things to do i.e. shopping. The food we tried was good to very meh, the boysenberry beer isn't the same as we had at the boysenberry festival a couple of years ago and was very disappointing this time around. Would I do it again, maybe, if there is a Christmas version and the weather is much cooler.
There will be a Christmas version. I have no doubt of that.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Just depends on if the park is open. Assuming we don't have opening guidelines by then, absolutely going to be a Christmas version.
I think it is regardless of rides operating or not, there will be a "Taste of Christmas" to go along with Knotts Merry Farm. They pretty much had a upcharge food festival thing last winter. I'll miss Snoopy on Ice.

What burns me is that Disney can't do something similar. Even SeaWorld has a food festival.

Professortango1

I think it is regardless of rides operating or not, there will be a "Taste of Christmas" to go along with Knotts Merry Farm. They pretty much had a upcharge food festival thing last winter. I'll miss Snoopy on Ice.

What burns me is that Disney can't do something similar. Even SeaWorld has a food festival.

I mean, Disneyland does have some of the worst theme park food. That's like having a food festival at Home Town Buffet.

Phroobar

Original Poster
kbf_scary-farm_0970-forsaken-lake-blog.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Knott’s has not received an explanation from state officials about why zoos, museums and aquariums have reopened while theme parks remain closed despite meeting all the prevention plan requirements from the Center for Disease Control and state and local jurisdictions, according to Kaprelyan.

“Every time we ask them, ‘Can you help us understand what’s going on here and why we can’t open?’ They just keep saying to us, ‘Well, you’re different,’” Kaprelyan said. “All we want is to be treated equitably when compared to other entertainment venues.”"

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

"Knott’s has not received an explanation from state officials about why zoos, museums and aquariums have reopened while theme parks remain closed despite meeting all the prevention plan requirements from the Center for Disease Control and state and local jurisdictions, according to Kaprelyan.

“Every time we ask them, ‘Can you help us understand what’s going on here and why we can’t open?’ They just keep saying to us, ‘Well, you’re different,’” Kaprelyan said. “All we want is to be treated equitably when compared to other entertainment venues.”"

Newsom! Let my people go!

Ismael Flores

I really do not understand why places like Knott's can not open. I do not even understand why places like Seawolrd can open but their attractions can not. Most of the rides in Knott's are outdoor coasters, Sea World has outdoor arenas and Disney could even have DCA open since that park also has most rides outdoors. The inconsistency in rules bogs my mind, meanwhile places that have people crowding in tight areas like ROSS and Big lots are open along with indoor dining. Has anyone seen how tightly packed places like Manhattan Beach main area gets. How is that more safe than a 80-100 acre park that can control social distancing better.

Last edited:

cmwade77

I really do not understand why places like Knott's can not open. I do not even understand why places like Seaowlrd can open but their attrctions can not. Most of the rides in Knott's are outdoor coasters, Sea World has outdoor arenas and Disney could even have DCA open since that park also has most rides outdoors. The inconsistency in rules bogs my mind, meanwhile places that have people crowding in tight areas like ROSS and Big lots are open along with indoor dining. Has anyone seen how tightly packed places like Manhattan Beach main area gets. How is that more safe than a 80-100 acre park that can control social distancing better.
Well and since Orange County is in the Red Tier, they can even open indoor areas of Zoo, Aquariums and such, just as San Diego can, so even indoor attractions shouldn't be an issue.

NateD1226

I went to Taste of Fall-O-Ween last night. It was a very fun and safe experience. Workers were always walking around with wipes and properly cleaned everything. There was hand sanitizer stations everywhere you went which was really nice. Plus, it wasn't at busy at all. The most I had to wait for my food was maybe around 5 minutes. The food was actually pretty good as well. The portions are really big for a food festival which was nice to see. Overall, I would recommend going. They prioritize your safety while keeping the experience fun.

cmwade77

True. I work at dland so I haven't been in one since they have closed. It was just my guess as to why.
As I said, theme parks have actually done an excellent job around the country combating this very issue and that is all theme parks, large and small. It is one of the reasons WDW isn't doing FP+ right now, makes for a nice escape route aside from the rare occasion someone is in it for special needs/guest recovery/child swap and even then it works out fairly well.

It really comes down to political reasons, but let's not get this thread moved with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom