All things Knotts Berry Farm

cmwade77

We will see. Knotts has me signed up for next year. Depending on how much a pain this is, I might not renew in 2022.
I would imagine a lot of this goes away in 2022, but I am thinking Reservations may be a permanent theme park fixture, it allows better crowd management and more predictable staffing needs.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I would imagine a lot of this goes away in 2022, but I am thinking Reservations may be a permanent theme park fixture, it allows better crowd management and more predictable staffing needs.
Knotts has been around for 100 years. I think by now they know they staffing needs. I can see reservations needed on high capacity weekend days during the summer for places like Disneyland and maybe Knotts. I can see Disneyland's AP might become Flex Pass only. Maybe the fly by night APs will get over their Disneyland obsession and abandon theme park entertainment entirely?

cmwade77

Knotts has been around for 100 years. I think by now they know they staffing needs. I can see reservations needed on high capacity weekend days during the summer for places like Disneyland and maybe Knotts. I can see Disneyland's AP might become Flex Pass only. Maybe the fly by night APs will get over their Disneyland obsession and abandon theme park entertainment entirely?
There are days where Knotts and Disney gets it wrong and either has to let staff leave early or call them in.

As for the APs, they will still be around and yes, I could see it being something like the flex pass with some good to go days and some reservation only, but I could see this even extending to single and multiday tickets as well, parks like Universal have already gone that route (not with the APs though) before all of this started.

Professortango1

Let's look at this for a moment though, I mean really look at it, while the points sound like a lot of hoops, here is the reality:
  • Make required advance reservations for a specific date and time
    • This ensures there is adequate space and the park isn't overcrowded, long term I think we will see all theme parks keep this in some form or another. The timed portion also helps ensure the entry queues aren't overwhelmed all at once. Yes, it requires some extra planning, but it can make for an easier entry process.
  • Present their timed entry voucher at the park entrance
    • This really just ties into point one
  • Complete a required pre-arrival COVID-19 health survey
    • This is actually the most concerning item, not because I think it is a bad idea, I am still undecided on that, but rather because it actually opens the theme parks up to law suits claiming that this violates things like HIPPA and even if such lawsuits are unsuccessful (and I don't think anyone knows if they would be or not), they still cost money to defend against, money that could be better spent elsewhere.
  • Process season passes without visiting the pass processing center
    • This was already possible at Knott's anyway, but I am assuming this makes the process even easier.
  • Place mobile food orders
    • Oh darn, I no longer will have to stand in massively long lines or pick somewhere else to eat to avoid a long line? Really, this is a positive step in the right direction and should be a permanent change.
  • Make cashless digital payments at shops and restaurants
    • Again, this should be a permanent change and is helpful for many
  • Find the closest hand sanitizing station using the app’s map
    • Same as finding the nearest restroom, so no issue there
  • Receive health and safety reminders
    • Unfortunately some people need these, but doesn't really bother me unless they are tracking my every move.

Really, only two extra hoops to jump through and both are relatively minor.

How do you navigate if you do not have a smart phone? How do you pay if you do not have a bank account and use cash? Isn't it a requirement that US Legal Tender must be accepted?

cmwade77

How do you navigate if you do not have a smart phone? How do you pay if you do not have a bank account and use cash? Isn't it a requirement that US Legal Tender must be accepted?
Actually, no it isn't a requirement that legal tender must be accepted, they could even say they will only accept Bitcoin if they so choose. This has been established in court cases about places saying they won't accept change or bills over a certain domination. Most theme parks that are going cashless are offering an alternative though, such as offering refundable gift cards that can be purchased with cash in a small number of locations. And this makes sense considering how filthy money really is.

And just because you CAN use a smartphone isn't saying that you MUST use a smartphone. My guess is it will be similar to what Holiday World has where you can use your phone or get a wristband that will be scanned at each attraction to provide a return time. There are obvious benefits to using a smartphone, but then there are options for those who don't have one. They word it much better than I: https://www.holidayworld.com/inline-info

Again, just because mobile order is offered doesn't mean there won't be other alternatives. These aren't hoops, these are additional options that will be strongly encouraged.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Knott's Summer Nights should start soon. (if we could get in the park)

KBF-19_0611-A-GamesAmbiance-0002.jpg

cmwade77

Yes, but this HIPPA that I keep reading about doesn't mean anything. At least that's what they tell me down at the SCOOBA shop.

(The letters in an acronym have to stand for something. If not, they lose their meaning.)
HIPAA absolutely does mean something and in fact may become very problematic for businesses. Personally I like the idea that they are asking if you are sick and saying don't come if you are, but I am concerned it is setting themselves up for lawsuits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom