All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
Knotts Scary Farm mazes announced.
New this year:
Origins - The Curse of Calico - The Witch turns the Calico residents into monsters. Has ties to Ghost Town Alive and the Hanging. (probably at VooDoo maze was)
Wax Works - someone is turning people into wax sculptures. (probably at Red Barn)
Returning:
Dark Entities - Aliens take over space station
The Depths - miners find a group of fish people.
Dark Ride - scary clowns take over an abandoned dark ride.
Pumpkin Eater - Nursery Rhyme about Jack the Pumpkin eater.
Special Ops infected - last year. includes a split course
Shadow Lands - last year. Japanese samurais and lots of grudge type ghosts
Paranormal Inc - part Ghostbusters. part Ghost Hunters show. very scary

Scare zones
Ghost Town
CarnEvil - Boardwalk area
The Hallow - Camp Snoopy
Foresaken Lake - lake next to Silver Bullet

Shows
Puppet it up - uncensored - Brian Henson puppets improve show
The Hanging
Conjure-Magic - Magic show

https://www.micechat.com/233629-knotts-scary-farm-2019-halloween-haunt-revealed/

Phroobar

Original Poster
Next year all the mazes that are in the backstage area of Knotts get moved elsewhere for Fort Knotts expansion. This would include
Origins - The Curse of Calico
Dark Entities
Paranormal Inc
The Depths

Phroobar

Original Poster
KSF-18_0925-%28Cover%29.jpg

PiratesMansion

Sounds fantastic!

Will the addition of uncensored puppets help them to fill the Schultz theater for what is otherwise basically the same show from last year? Although I guess the pedigree of the performers will hopefully help.

I'm kind of meh on wax museum-style haunts but I'll give them the benefit of the the doubt. Curse of Calico sounds great.

As much as Special Ops is fun and Shadowlands different and beautifully put together, those are the right mazes to go next year.

It'll be interesting to see where the Haunts are relocated and, if they're located across the street, how the logistics of getting to them will be handled.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Sounds fantastic!

Will the addition of uncensored puppets help them to fill the Schultz theater for what is otherwise basically the same show from last year? Although I guess the pedigree of the performers will hopefully help.

I'm kind of meh on wax museum-style haunts but I'll give them the benefit of the the doubt. Curse of Calico sounds great.

As much as Special Ops is fun and Shadowlands different and beautifully put together, those are the right mazes to go next year.

It'll be interesting to see where the Haunts are relocated and, if they're located across the street, how the logistics of getting to them will be handled.
I agree. Last year's improve show really sucked. Everything is better with the muppets anyway. I miss Elvira and her "haunted hills".

PiratesMansion

Rumor is its a coaster and extension of Ghost Town. It will be in the backstage near Ghostrider.

A Ghost Town expansion would be great, but I'm hoping that if they build a coaster it'll be not only fun to ride but adapted to fit within and not distract from its surroundings. As it is I actually think Knott's has too many coasters, and too many of them are just average, which is unfortunate and offensive given their impact on the feel and atmosphere of the park (looking at you especially, Silver Bullet and Pony Express!) I really like Ghost Rider, Hangtime, and Montezuma but I wouldn't miss any of the other coasters if they were to leave, really.

Professortango1

Knotts Scary Farm mazes announced.
New this year:
Origins - The Curse of Calico - The Witch turns the Calico residents into monsters. Has ties to Ghost Town Alive and the Hanging. (probably at VooDoo maze was)
Wax Works - someone is turning people into wax sculptures. (probably at Red Barn)
Returning:
Dark Entities - Aliens take over space station
The Depths - miners find a group of fish people.
Dark Ride - scary clowns take over an abandoned dark ride.
Pumpkin Eater - Nursery Rhyme about Jack the Pumpkin eater.
Special Ops infected - last year. includes a split course
Shadow Lands - last year. Japanese samurais and lots of grudge type ghosts
Paranormal Inc - part Ghostbusters. part Ghost Hunters show. very scary

Scare zones
Ghost Town
CarnEvil - Boardwalk area
The Hallow - Camp Snoopy
Foresaken Lake - lake next to Silver Bullet

Shows
Puppet it up - uncensored - Brian Henson puppets improve show
The Hanging
Conjure-Magic - Magic show

https://www.micechat.com/233629-knotts-scary-farm-2019-halloween-haunt-revealed/

They Depths was where Voodoo was. I believe Wax Works is taking over where Trick or Treat was as there is a Hell-ish facade which seems like a roadside attraction. Red Barn will likely house the Calico maze.

Professortango1

I agree. Last year's improve show really sucked. Everything is better with the muppets anyway. I miss Elvira and her "haunted hills".

Elvira was one of the worst shows I've seen in that theatre. She kept fumbling her lines and basically stood there while people danced around her. I miss Dr Cleaver and Ed Alonzo.

Phroobar

Original Poster
They Depths was where Voodoo was. I believe Wax Works is taking over where Trick or Treat was as there is a Hell-ish facade which seems like a roadside attraction. Red Barn will likely house the Calico maze.
Ok. So we are looking at Calico, Wax Works, Depths, Paranormal Inc, Dark Entities and Special Ops on this side of the park. While Dark Ride, Pumpkin Eater and Shadowlands on the other end of the park. I wonder where Dark Entities, Paranormal and Depths will be moved to next year.

full

Professortango1

Ok. So we are looking at Calico, Wax Works, Depths, Paranormal Inc, Dark Entities and Special Ops on this side of the park. While Dark Ride, Pumpkin Eater and Shadowlands on the other end of the park. I wonder where Dark Entities, Paranormal and Depths will be moved to next year.

full

I could see Paranormal Inc leaving after this year just because it is several years old, costly to staff, and loosing its home. I know the area which is Special Ops is supposed to be lost as well with the expansion. That makes 4 maze locations they need to figure out.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Knott's Haunted Mine in 70's & 80's during Haunt.

The audio and photographs were provided by John Waite who oversaw the design/theme inside the Mine Ride (and Log Ride) during the Halloween Haunt as an employee of Bud Hurlbut (who created/owned both rides at the time before Knott’s Berry Farm purchased them in the early 1980’s). The audio is an actual recording of the “Haunted Mine” during one of the early Haunts. These items were collected when conducting research for the upcoming book outlining the history of Knott’s Scary Farm Halloween Haunt.

This video was created to thank John Waite (and all of those who worked with him) as an appreciation for the years of screams and entertainment provided. John was interviewed for the book and portions of his interview will be published here on the website in the future. Until then…enjoy this video!

http://www.ultimatehaunt.com/news/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom